The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   It's here.... almost (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=6223)

CarneVaca 04-30-2002 12:22 PM

It's here.... almost

Well, dudes, the time has come. I know you've all been awaiting this moment. Oh, of course you have. Don't deny it. Look, just admit it. Go ahead... That's right. (Annoying, aren't I?)

Here it is! The long-awaited Tusk remake is to be released April 30. (That's tomorrow.) Read:

pitch-a-tent news

Camper Van Beethoven will be releasing on April 30th the long awaited double CD covering the classic Fleetwood Mac album "Tusk". The double CD will also include a special enhanced feature. For your viewing enjoyment a 1987 Camper Van Beethoven show.

Go to pitchatent.com to buy it.

Les 05-01-2002 09:42 AM

Thanks for the reminder. I may just have to try that one out...

seteca 05-01-2002 10:14 AM

:confused: Um...I went to pitchatent.com and maybe I'm being stupid or something but I can't actually find a link to buy it...??!! LOL!:confused:

It's not in cdnow.com either.....

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks:)

:wavey::wavey: :wavey:

CarneVaca 05-01-2002 10:19 AM

hmm, yes

Seteca:

It's not for sale yet, apparently. There must have been some kind of delay. I sent the Pitch-a-Tent manager an e-mail. I'll post an update as soon as I get a reply.

Peace.

jeffles 05-01-2002 11:15 AM

I'll buy it out of curiosity and if its anything like the older Camper Van Beethoven/Cracker music, it should be pretty good.

"Pitch a tent"-nice name for a record label...

J

CarneVaca 05-01-2002 01:37 PM

Date pushed back

The Tusk remake release was pushed back to May 8. I'll keep checking for more updates.

bjk3047 05-01-2002 08:23 PM

Re: Date pushed back

Quote:

Originally posted by CarneVaca
The Tusk remake release was pushed back to May 8. I'll keep checking for more updates.
D'OH! Well hey, maybe they're trying to make the remake as close as Lindsey intended it to be......late.
LOL
-Brian

CarneVaca 05-02-2002 08:45 AM

actually

Word has it the Camper guys are burning pictures and live performances into the CD (2-disk set, I think) and that caused some technical delays. Anyway, we can rest assured this will be an off-beat take on the Fleetwood Mac masterpiece. Before you buy it be warned: It isn't going to be like the Rumours tribute, in which the artists took safe approaches to the songs.

David 05-03-2002 01:24 PM

Re: actually

Quote:

Originally posted by CarneVaca
Anyway, we can rest assured this will be an off-beat take on the Fleetwood Mac masterpiece. Before you buy it be warned: It isn't going to be like the Rumours tribute, in which the artists took safe approaches to the songs.
I am eagerly awaiting this CD. This one will be a lot of fun. I hope it has plenty of that loony sense of play that "Patron Saints of Pop" had -- left of center. I heard, & loved, "Save Me a Place" & "Angel" from this project.

The "tribute" album that Mick put together for "Rumours" was nothing but a tribute to corporate thinking, a Milk 'n' Bilk operation (How can we milk the reputation of this great old album & bilk the fans?) that was so mechanically engineered & devoid of any real conviction, it was like an entire record company falling on your head.

Skylark 05-03-2002 06:21 PM

Tusk...

:wavey: Hi Fans!
I just read it will be delayed!
Well...now it really is JUST like
our Lindsey! Refine! Refine!;)
Delay! Delay till' another day!
Sounds interesting!:cool:Bye, sky:)

witchywoman 05-04-2002 10:07 AM

It's going to be hard act to follow on this one,
but I'm open minded and I'll give it a listen.
Always nice to hear a different approach to a fimiliar
tune.
Lindsey would def approve:nod:

witchywoman:)

CarneVaca 05-07-2002 11:16 AM

It's out

I just placed my order. Go to pitchatent.com to place yours.

blackwidower 05-08-2002 09:50 PM

do you think someone could put it on ag becase i barley have enough cash for anything and i want to hear the way they rework the songs but cant afford it

CarneVaca 05-09-2002 08:29 AM

copyright

Last time I tried to download Camper songs, they were copyright-protected and the AG system was catching them, so I don't know if that is going to work. Check out pitchatent.com occasionally. The Camper guys always have some random MP3s up there.

bjk3047 05-09-2002 02:16 PM

CarneVaca, are you inclined to put them on? Because I can help you out on the whole process if you'd like...
-Brian