The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2021 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59090)

BLY 11-08-2020 02:54 PM

So with Crowded House releasing a new song with a upcoming tour and album in 2021 isn’t time to announce it’s the end of Fleetwood Mac? I guess maybe the plan is if there are one of shows they can call in Finn and Campbell to play along. I feel pretty confident there will be no new album/music with this group and Lindsey isn’t returning to the band.

UnwindedDreams 11-08-2020 04:18 PM

I think that if there are big shows permitted in the US in 2021, they'll do a few one-offs.
I'd bet the new stadiums in LA and Vegas, maybe co-headlined with Eagles or headlining on their own with Miley opening. If the offers are there and timing is right, they could do a small, stadium run July/August. Also hitting the NFL fields of Jersey, Buffalo, Charlotte, Minne, St. Louis, and Atlanta. Just playing the FM catalogue with some of Neil's songs and TPHB stuff too.

I doubt there will be a new FM album. Stevie wants to make her own in 2021.

sleepless child 11-08-2020 05:09 PM

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if in 2022 we see the 5 back together again. You see Lindsey and Mick talking and Stevie not trash talking Lindsey. So it could be a possiblility. The big love fest/reunion tour.

BLY 11-08-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1261865)
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if in 2022 we see the 5 back together again. You see Lindsey and Mick talking and Stevie not trash talking Lindsey. So it could be a possiblility. The big love fest/reunion tour.

As much as I would love to see my band end on that high note I don’t see it happening. The live shows are done. 2022 they will all be in their mid/late 70’s.

jbrownsjr 11-09-2020 01:41 PM

I believe they FIRED LB because they planned on that being their last cash grab. Sure, there might be events here and there w/ Mike and Finn.

But, the chances of LB going near that lying egomaniac are slim. I know he has a good heart; but, I hope he enjoys his fame and skills to continue his solo career.

Would I get caught up in the excitement for the Classic 5? Sure, it's hard not to get excited. But, if he never speaks to them again, I'd understand and be content with that decision.

BuckVie II!! That would knock me over!

UnwindedDreams 11-09-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1261877)

But, the chances of LB going near that lying egomaniac are slim.

BuckVie II!! That would knock me over!

What about Nicks Buckingham? His last name could not be first again.

Stevie, Lindsey, Waddy, Brett Tuggle, Federico Pol, Jimmy Paxson?

jbrownsjr 11-09-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1261878)
What about Nicks Buckingham? His last name could not be first again.

Stevie, Lindsey, Waddy, Brett Tuggle, Federico Pol, Jimmy Paxson?

I just threw up in my mouth thinking of her nasal voice ruining BuckNicks songs.

UnwindedDreams 11-09-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1261879)
I just threw up in my mouth thinking of her nasal voice ruining BuckNicks songs.

Imagine if she did Don't Let Me Down Again with Neil?

The I Got You duet was like an assisted living talent show.

Villavic 11-09-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1261865)

With Fleetwood Mac you never know. But after Lindsey settled lawsuit with FM I thought there were no possibilities. However, Roger Waters had also a legal battle with Pink Floyd, I guess even more huge than this one. And PF had a brief reunion at Live 8. So I guess, if there's any reunion of those 5, probably it'll be similar. Just isolated shows. I don't see them in a tour again (and frankly my dears nowadays I don't give a damn about them reuniting again. i wouldn't go to any concert).

SteveMacD 11-11-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1261879)

Don’t Let Me Down Again, 2004

Without You, 2013

Crying In The Night, 2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1261880)
Imagine if she did Don't Let Me Down Again with Neil?

Like she did with Billy Burnette?

UnwindedDreams 11-11-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1261920)

Like she did with Billy Burnette?

Dumping the chum bucket in the sea :laugh:

David 11-13-2020 12:08 PM

I hope they’re all happy and healthy in 2021 and all their dreams come true. But, please, no art.

aleuzzi 11-15-2020 01:05 AM

Given covid-19, I don’t assume there will be any band activity from any incarnation. Here’s hoping, however, that Lindsey and Christine swap demos again across the pond....

HomerMcvie 11-15-2020 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1261986)
Given covid-19, I don’t assume there will be any band activity from any incarnation. Here’s hoping, however, that Lindsey and Christine swap demos again across the pond....

Well that's a god damned shame, since $tevie is wasting her last youthful years over this! :mad::mad::mad:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

UnwindedDreams 11-18-2020 09:08 PM

This Fleetwood Mac could do a Vegas show at Park MGM. They'd make Godly money by staying in one city. Do two hours of performing songs from the past and go eat caviar at a Michelin awarded restaurant.

Aerosmith, Gaga, Queen, Journey, and Def Leppard did Vegas runs.

SteveMacD 02-06-2021 05:59 AM

The CH tour is only six weeks, the Dirty Knobs even less, so that’s not really a factor.

As far as Stevie goes, I think she’d put her solo plans on hold. The Fleetwood Mac payday is bigger than her solo payday, and there aren’t that many Fleetwood Mac paydays left.

BLY 02-06-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263972)
The CH tour is only six weeks, the Dirty Knobs even less, so that’s not really a factor.

As far as Stevie goes, I think she’d put her solo plans on hold. The Fleetwood Mac payday is bigger than her solo payday, and there aren’t that many Fleetwood Mac paydays left.

To be honest I don’t think there are any Fleetwood Mac paydays left.

BigAl84 02-06-2021 10:53 AM

Buckingham McVie II would be such a breath of fresh air compared to another Fleetwood Mac tour filled with Stevie Nicks resentment, army comparison comments, and general bullsh*t about a new chapter. Please, just stop.

I’m already bracing for “covid ruined my last single. Show Us The Way was the most important thing I’ve done since edge of 17 but nobody heard it, that’s why I don’t want to make new music anymore. It costs too much money so why bother. Now I have to march straight back to another Fleetwood Mac tour when I could be doing my solo work, but people have to understand being in a band means I’m not the boss, so we’re going to do 175 shows next year and every night I’m going to tell the crowd exactly what number show it is that night ”

SteveMacD 02-06-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1263982)
Buckingham McVie II would be such a breath of fresh air compared to another Fleetwood Mac tour filled with Stevie Nicks resentment, army comparison comments, and general bullsh*t about a new chapter. Please, just stop.

If Christine only has one more tour left in her, it’s going to be the arena tour with the band she’s been connected to since 1968. I think any hopes for LBCM 2 went out the window with COVID.

With that lot, they’d probably let Lindsey back in, he’d push to do a small tour for his still unreleased album again, and then they’d kick him out again.

SteveMacD 02-06-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1263982)
I’m already bracing for “covid ruined my last single.

The funny part is that it wasn’t COVID, it was cranberry juice, and she still made a small fortune as a result.

BigAl84 02-06-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263987)
The funny part is that it wasn’t COVID, it was cranberry juice, and she still made a small fortune as a result.

Haha you know what...the juice totally stole her thunder, nobody can argue with that Lolol. It’s kinda ironic that 1977 came back to overshadow her solo release. That had to burn just a smidge. LOLOLOL.

BigAl84 02-06-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263986)
If Christine only has one more tour left in her, it’s going to be the arena tour with the band she’s been connected to since 1968. I think any hopes for LBCM 2 went out the window with COVID.

With that lot, they’d probably let Lindsey back in, he’d push to do a small tour for his still unreleased album again, and then they’d kick him out again.

Thats a pretty accurate depiction of their current operating model.

BigAl84 02-06-2021 12:05 PM

My prediction for a full reunion, which still makes me gag...would look like this:

10 nights at the garden
10 nights at the forum
Maybe a few nights somewhere else
And that’s it.

I hope that’s all Lindsey agrees to, if anything ever comes to fruition.

BLY 02-06-2021 02:31 PM

If there is any “ Reunion” it will be a one off. “The Dance 2.”.... .The 25 year reunion show.

johnnystorms 02-07-2021 03:46 AM

Stevie don't need a payday tour

She got bank from selling a share of her catalogue.

sue 02-07-2021 11:56 AM

In a radio interview, I’ve just listened to Christine, said she didn’t think she would tour again, as she was getting too old, and the amount of work that goes into touring is too much.
She also said....
John definitely would not tour ever again as he was frail....she then said he was fine, but getting too old ..

BLY 02-07-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1264055)
In a radio interview, I’ve just listened to Christine, said she didn’t think she would tour again, as she was getting too old, and the amount of work that goes into touring is too much.
She also said....
John definitely would not tour ever again as he was frail....she then said he was fine, but getting too old ..

It’s the end of Fleetwood Mac. It still makes me sick that the BuckMcVie album and the last tour wasn’t their swan song.....Oh Well.

bombaysaffires 02-07-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1263993)
My prediction for a full reunion, which still makes me gag...would look like this:

10 nights at the garden
10 nights at the forum
And that’s it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1264006)
If there is any “ Reunion” it will be a one off. “The Dance 2.”.... .The 25 year reunion show.

yes, don't forget the film that would come of it a la The Dance and possibly a live stream event like is done for major sporting events etc where they charge you a buncha bucks to watch in real time, maybe with some behind-the-scenes 'prep for our final show' stuff (well, if a younger staff member can get them to do it, so likely not)

bombaysaffires 02-07-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263987)

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnystorms (Post 1264048)
She got bank from selling a share of her catalogue.

and the two are not un-related. That juice vid demonstrated the viability of her music in all these new commercial avenues, and that's the whole motivation of these companies hoovering up catalogues... Take the multi millions up front and let someone else do all the work finding new channels for your songs. she should really thank that juice guy. kinda funny that Mick jumped on the bandwagon of imitating him first, he recognizes money-making opportunities quick...she remains tech/social media phobic and has to be badgered into it via friends and staff.

BigAl84 02-07-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1264065)
and the two are not un-related. That juice vid demonstrated the viability of her music in all these new commercial avenues, and that's the whole motivation of these companies hoovering up catalogues... Take the multi millions up front and let someone else do all the work finding new channels for your songs. she should really thank that juice guy. kinda funny that Mick jumped on the bandwagon of imitating him first, he recognizes money-making opportunities quick...she remains tech/social media phobic and has to be badgered into it via friends and staff.

I’m pretty sure she has to be badgered into doing pretty much anything these days unless it involves talking about herself.

UnwindedDreams 02-07-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1263993)

10 nights at the garden
10 nights at the forum
And that’s it.

I don't think Azoff would let Lindsey near Fleetwood Mac.

I'm not sure if they could do 10 nights at MSG. They only did 2 in 2019. OWTS they did 3. Maybe if they had Billy Joel on the lineup:laugh:

But if they ever did a limited reunion, I think it would be in Vegas. SOOO much money there.

Villavic 02-08-2021 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264084)
I don't think Azoff would let Lindsey near Fleetwood Mac.

I'm not sure if they could do 10 nights at MSG. They only did 2 in 2019. OWTS they did 3. Maybe if they had Billy Joel on the lineup:laugh:

But if they ever did a limited reunion, I think it would be in Vegas. SOOO much money there.

And money would make possible anything. Even in spite of Azoff.

A Rumours lineup reunion would be a success (in terms of $). Some will love it and some will hate it anyway. But, IMHO all 3 voices are not longer good anymore. And if Christine said John is fine but a little frail to tour, little chance to see them again. Sad to say the last tour wasn't the one we wished to see, but I think now it's too late and it's over anyway.

UnwindedDreams 02-08-2021 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1264145)
And money would make possible anything. Even in spite of Azoff.

A Rumours lineup reunion would be a success (in terms of $). Some will love it and some will hate it anyway. But, IMHO all 3 voices are not longer good anymore. And if Christine said John is fine but a little frail to tour, little chance to see them again. Sad to say the last tour wasn't the one we wished to see, but I think now it's too late and it's over anyway.

If John were to play live again but not do a tour, Vegas would be perfect. John just has to stay in his hotel and go down to the theater.

They could make the least expensive seat $250. Maybe go up to $1,000 for the floor. (Streisand prices) And sell out many nights.

BigAl84 02-08-2021 11:17 AM

Normally I would of said, god please not Vegas noooo. However, at this point they’ve already diluted any standards they once held themselves to. Having them jump on the bandwagon like every other aging rock band doing a Vegas stint wouldn’t really be abnormal for them at this point. They could all easily jet home to LA after every show if they didn’t want to stay in town.

I could see Lindsey being apprehensive about doing the Vegas thing, but possibly agreeing under the circumstances it’s their final performances. I still hope it never happens LOL.

UnwindedDreams 02-08-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1264151)
Normally I would of said, god please not Vegas noooo. However, at this point they’ve already diluted any standards they once held themselves to. Having them jump on the bandwagon like every other aging rock band doing a Vegas stint wouldn’t really be abnormal for them at this point. They could all easily jet home to LA after every show if they didn’t want to stay in town.

I could see Lindsey being apprehensive about doing the Vegas thing, but possibly agreeing under the circumstances it’s their final performances. I still hope it never happens LOL.

^Stevie would definitely take the microphone off her stand at these Vegas shows. Perhaps give Lindsey a Daltrey whipping with the mic:laugh:

elle 02-08-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264084)
I don't think Azoff would let Lindsey near Fleetwood Mac..

why?

Azoff is driven by money. and he's also lucky Lindsey didn't sue his pants off way more than he did - considering Azoff was basically working against Lindsey while being paid to work for Lindsey.

but please, no Vegas. no cheesy Rumours 5 Mac reunion. done. retired. few years too late but done.

if there has to be mac, let's go with "ever changing new band" without SN, finally. they can record an album (with Christine) and don't have to tour. be artists that you claim you are. many artists have made the last hurrah album to wrap up their legacy.

UnwindedDreams 02-08-2021 08:22 PM

I read an interview with Lindsey where it sounded like Irving wasn't an artist's manager, much like Paul McGuinness, Guy Oseary and Jon Landau were, but a man who wants power and control.
He came to Lindsey's show and only said "the balcony wasn't full"
Lindsey seems like a client that Irving would consider an a** pain. Irving proudly stated that he told the Eagles not to play any new songs in their set (Context: 2013 Tour) Then you look at Lindsey doing 8 new songs in a set with Chris.

elle 02-08-2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264172)
I read an interview with Lindsey where it sounded like Irving wasn't an artist's manager, much like Paul McGuinness, Guy Oseary and Jon Landau were, but a man who wants power and control.
He came to Lindsey's show and only said "the balcony wasn't full"
Lindsey seems like a client that Irving would consider an a** pain. Irving proudly stated that he told the Eagles not to play any new songs in their set (Context: 2013 Tour) Then you look at Lindsey doing 8 new songs in a set with Chris.

oh completely agree with all this, and yeah i read the same. but that's the thing - Azoff only looks to a bottom line, doesn't care about the art or the artist. so he doesn't go personal. that's why i was confused with your thinking that he would not let LB back to FM. he wouldn't care if that would be good for his bottom line. and right now he's really SN's manager i think, not FMs. I think Stubner is still Mick's and Christine's manager.

UnwindedDreams 02-08-2021 09:42 PM

^ He had his client, Journey, do a Vegas residency!

In the FM 2019 Tour program, he was listed as like a Tour Financier or something like that. It could be the same for Stevie too. He was at her table at the HOF induction.

"He may be Satan, but he's our little Satan":lol: