The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do you have favorite old Ledge posts? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58210)

TrueFaith77 01-31-2020 02:10 PM

No other "Hollywood Dads" love?

That was the wildest thread ever written on the Mac. (published on 7W, not TL)

I wonder if it can still be found. A conspiracy-theory treasure-trove.

desertangel 02-08-2020 06:33 PM

I can’t recall particular posts, but have fond memories of posts where fans would meet up before shows, have pre-show parties and post pictures. Also, posts that would dissect lyric meanings of particular songs. Wondering if Daniel or Jazmen Flowers are still around. I will always remember the first Wild Heart Affair in SF celebrating Stevie’s Birthday and the threads about Night of 1,000 Stevie’s, the Nicks Fix Ask Stevie page. It was a much quainter time and I miss it. All this gruel these days makes me feel old and stodgy, or maybe I just am old and stodgy after this many years. :blob1: (love the bouncy blob)

Edit: While not exactly my favorite thread, the one with Wendy Welch was heartbreaking and very unforgettable.

David 02-14-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1256122)
No other "Hollywood Dads" love?

I don’t remember that? A humorous conspiracy thread?

TrueFaith77 02-18-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1256402)
I don’t remember that? A humorous conspiracy thread?

It was on 7 wonders. It started as a thread about a "Hollywood Dads" article that featured Lindsey. Somehow it turned full shipper, with all of the amazing evidence that had previously not been made public that Lindsey's kids were Stevie's, Lindsey's wife is an actress, etc etc. And there was one intrepid soul who was constantly trying to counter the ingenuity of the conspiracy theorists until he collapsed into desperate pleas for rationality… it was a lot of fun!

Thought it would be famous among Mac fans but I also got the sense there wasn't much Ledge/Seven Wonders overlap.

GypsySorcerer 03-18-2020 09:49 PM

I'm not going to bother searching, but the two I remember best were the "Stevie Song Generator" thread and the one about UK vs. US gas prices.

SaraRhiannon 05-26-2020 04:31 AM

I miss the days of Mick's board and "The Knight!" He sent me a cease and desist to my workplace... good times!

HomerMcvie 05-26-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraRhiannon (Post 1258213)
I miss the days of Mick's board and "The Knight!" He sent me a cease and desist to my workplace... good times!

Wasn't "Jonathon Todd" or something like that Mick's crazy manager?

Is he still in Mick's camp in any way? Anyone know what happened to him?

Nicks Fan 05-29-2020 10:41 AM

Jonathan Todd was part of that failed Fanclub. I recall people who paid the money for the fan club got screwed over for various reasons re presale tickets and he was the one spewing BS and deleting posts on the old message board they had when people complained. I believe he also threatned people with lawsuits etc if they didn't stop bad mouthing him and or the shady fan club. I have no idea what he is doing now.

TheWILDheart 08-08-2021 06:09 PM

Surely the classic photo caption threads are worth a mention?

Also, what happened to that absolutely hysterical video of “The Adventures of Buckingham Nicks” with Mick and his Cheeto’s?

David 08-09-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart (Post 1268633)
Surely the classic photo caption threads are worth a mention?

Yeah, that was a good one, for sure. There were some hysterical captions. Do you know where that thread is?

Quote:

Also, what happened to that absolutely hysterical video of “The Adventures of Buckingham Nicks” with Mick and his Cheeto’s?
I don’t remember that at all.

Remember Seteca and Gaius? Two gents I learned a great deal from about music. Long gone (from the Ledge, not the Earth, let’s hope).

BigAl84 08-10-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1258223)
Wasn't "Jonathon Todd" or something like that Mick's crazy manager?

Is he still in Mick's camp in any way? Anyone know what happened to him?

According to LinkedIn, he's still a partner/manager at Mick's Restaurant. Apparently still very much involved.

BigAl84 08-10-2021 11:48 AM

And I remember the fan club fiasco very well. People were initially promised seats within the first X amount of rows on the fan club sign-up page etc. Then people signed up, went through the process, and that didn't turn out to be the case. People were being offered seats 10-15 rows back and not even center. Then I think they refused to acknowledge the bait and switch and refused to give people refunds. It got so bad that non-fan club people who did manage to get seats up front were wearing shirts that said something like "Fire Jonathan Todd"

The club also promised exclusive backstage content provided by Mick. Weeks and weeks of the tour went by and nothing was delivered. Mick eventually posted a few really lame videos of him on a treadmill backstage and that was about it.

They basically didn't deliver what they said they would on almost every level.

HomerMcvie 08-10-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1268696)
And I remember the fan club fiasco very well. People were initially promised seats within the first X amount of rows on the fan club sign-up page etc. Then people signed up, went through the process, and that didn't turn out to be the case. People were being offered seats 10-15 rows back and not even center. Then I think they refused to acknowledge the bait and switch and refused to give people refunds. It got so bad that non-fan club people who did manage to get seats up front were wearing shirts that said something like "Fire Jonathan Todd"

The club also promised exclusive backstage content provided by Mick. Weeks and weeks of the tour went by and nothing was delivered. Mick eventually posted a few really lame videos of him on a treadmill backstage and that was about it.

They basically didn't deliver what they said they would on almost every level.

It's so difficult to imagine Mick hooking up with a loser. A loser and a loser...quelle surprise!

BigAl84 08-10-2021 12:30 PM

IMO, the fan club fiasco was really the start of the decline of Mick's reputation among fans. It was a big PR blunder and how he handled it really sucked.

David 08-11-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1268702)
IMO, the fan club fiasco was really the start of the decline of Mick's reputation among fans. It was a big PR blunder and how he handled it really sucked.

I joined the live chat room Todd set up and monitored. I think I got kicked out for telling one of those shrieky toadies in the room that Mick was the drummer in the band, not the singer. Todd said, “We don’t want negative nabobs in here.” I said, “Then kick them out.” And he blocked my IP address!

Can you imagine? What kind of a major idiot do you have to be to kick me out of a Fleetwood Mac chat room? I was dumbfounded.