The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Roll With Me Henry (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59017)

ontheEdgeof17 09-02-2020 01:55 PM

Roll With Me Henry

Hi.

Would anyone like to share this song? I not longer have it in my collection.

Thank you.

jbrownsjr 09-04-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 (Post 1259799)
Hi.

Would anyone like to share this song? I not longer have it in my collection.

Thank you.

Let me look, Curtis. I had the cd way back when. Hopefully, I downloaded it to one of my hard drives. Since, I'll soon be downloading the NEW BOX SET ***-1974 to my IPOD (yes I still have one), I'll look for it.

BLY 09-04-2020 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=jbrownsjr; Since, I'll soon be downloading the NEW BOX SET ***-1974 to my IPOD (yes I still have one)

Me too!

Murrow 09-06-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1259823)
Let me look, Curtis. I had the cd way back when. Hopefully, I downloaded it to one of my hard drives. Since, I'll soon be downloading the NEW BOX SET ***-1974 to my IPOD (yes I still have one), I'll look for it.

From what I've seen, sadly the box set isn't downloadable (well not in the UK at any rate).

jbrownsjr 09-08-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrow (Post 1259861)
From what I've seen, sadly the box set isn't downloadable (well not in the UK at any rate).

Not here either. I have a USB attachment in the center console; thus, I'll download the cd to IPOD. When I'm listening to blue tooth streaming, I'll pop the IPOD on.

Neb-Maat-Re 02-12-2021 10:08 PM

I'd love a lossless copy of this song if anyone is able to share one.

SteveMacD 01-29-2022 08:00 PM

Seeing if this works

HomerMcvie 01-29-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1272448)

It's a nice blues jam, but sure doesn't sound like modern FM. It's too repetitive, IMO.

aleuzzi 01-30-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1272451)
It's a nice blues jam, but sure doesn't sound like modern FM. It's too repetitive, IMO.

It’s also too LA-slick. Christine sounds good but would sound a lot better if the production and arrangement weren’t so glossy. If you can’t let your scars show while singing the blues, then why bother.

SteveMacD 01-30-2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1272473)
It’s also too LA-slick. Christine sounds good but would sound a lot better if the production and arrangement weren’t so glossy. If you can’t let your scars show while singing the blues, then why bother.

To be fair, it was 1988 and they were in LA.

As a blues fan, I love Chess Records but really don’t like Alligator Records, another Chicago blues label, for kind of that same reason. Chess had short, charming songs (including the original Etta James version of Roll With Me Henry).

jbrownsjr 01-31-2022 08:28 AM

It's amazing when you take her into another element just how much she can do as a keyboardist.

Macfan4life 01-31-2022 09:09 AM

Cool jam.
Hate to go off topic but the photo from this line up 1990 always drove me nuts. Does it not look like Chris has Micky Mouse ears on. I used to think it was the wall but her head is in front of the wall. Is this a black bow in her hair? Strange

On another note, I was reading a recent criticism of BTM and how Fleetwood Mac in 1990 gave way too much album space to Billy and Rick almost taking up half an album. I think the band wanted to showcase their new members as almost a Lindsey replacement. But what would it have been like if only Chris and Stevie did vocals for the entire album. Interesting to think about.

jbrownsjr 01-31-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1272489)
Cool jam.
Hate to go off topic but the photo from this line up 1990 always drove me nuts. Does it not look like Chris has Micky Mouse ears on. I used to think it was the wall but her head is in front of the wall. Is this a black bow in her hair? Strange

On another note, I was reading a recent criticism of BTM and how Fleetwood Mac in 1990 gave way too much album space to Billy and Rick almost taking up half an album. I think the band wanted to showcase their new members as almost a Lindsey replacement. But what would it have been like if only Chris and Stevie did vocals for the entire album. Interesting to think about.

McNicks! I dig it.

Macfan4life 02-01-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1272490)
McNicks! I dig it.

Haven't we already established Nick's best contributions to BTM were background vocals. I say let Chris have the entire album. :)

BTW,
Chris's vocals on When It Comes to Love brought the song to an entire new level. Here is Billy singing it on the demo/outake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ogsaIOAinI

jbrownsjr 02-01-2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1272502)
Haven't we already established Nick's best contributions to BTM were background vocals. I say let Chris have the entire album. :)

BTW,
Chris's vocals on When It Comes to Love brought the song to an entire new level. Here is Billy singing it on the demo/outake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ogsaIOAinI

Wow, you're right. I missed the cool sounding guitar solo, too. Loved the harmonies and organ placement. (haven't heard this version before).