The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine on Radio 2 UK (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59143)

UnwindedDreams 02-07-2021 11:56 AM

Thank you, sue. It's so kind of you to report back to us.
I'm so sad to hear about John. I hope he enjoys his life; he deserves it. Now I believe I know why he didn't participate in the 2020 Green celebration.

HomerMcvie 02-07-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1264053)
She was asked if they would tour again....she wasnít sure, she said she was getting too old.
And JOhn would NOT be touring again as he was getting too frail.
She did add he was okay, just getting old.

It's so hard to read this. I guess it's better that they die of old age than overdoses, but it's still difficult to see your heroes approaching nursing home age. :distress:

sue 02-07-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264054)
Thank you, sue. It's so kind of you to report back to us.
I'm so sad to hear about John. I hope he enjoys his life; he deserves it. Now I believe I know why he didn't participate in the 2020 Green celebration.

She said, he preferred going out on his boat, and heís okay, just too frail to tour
So he must be okay......and maybe he doesnít want to tour( he doesnít need the money or the limelight)

UnwindedDreams 02-07-2021 12:17 PM

sue, you didn't let us know that Never Going Back is Christine's ringtone:laugh: That is so funny. Christine with a FM ringtone:D

SteveMacD 02-07-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1264056)
It's so hard to read this. I guess it's better that they die of old age than overdoses, but it's still difficult to see your heroes approaching nursing home age. :distress:

My mom’s a year older than Christine. She had her first stroke eleven years ago and has had several more since. Back in August, she fell and broke her hip. The squad gave her a shot of fentanyl which caused her to have a massive stroke. Long story short, After five months in a nursing home, her feeding tube was removed two weeks ago and she was able to move into an assisted living on Friday.

Back in 2014, we went to see Fleetwood Mac, and she had the biggest smile seeing someone her age still able to do it.

We’ve been very lucky to have had them this long.

Macfan4life 02-07-2021 01:20 PM

She did not rule out touring again but is iffy. No John is sad but she said definitely not Stevie so I would love to see the Mac without Stevie and sad without John. But you are talking 2022 at the earliest and I think she will be too old.
I think Stevie will do a farewell solo tour and Lindsey will definitely solo tour again. She sounded a little under the weather and getting really old.

HomerMcvie 02-07-2021 01:38 PM

My favorite aunt is Christine's age, and I often look at her, imagining her doing what Christine does. She still gets around just fine, but it's hard to imagine anyone being that age, and being on stage, and being "on your game"(Mick Jagger is a freak, and doesn't count).

aleuzzi 02-07-2021 03:34 PM

If Johnís not touring again, then I doubt Christine will tour. Her loyalty is to Fleetwood and McVie. (I used to think it was also to Buckingham but the last tour changed all that.)

Without John onstage, the one thread of continuity is gone. The rhythm section that Christine and John were so proudly a part of is done.

I would, however, love to hear one more Christine album. I know it might be greedy or unrealistic, but Iím confident she could still write, play, and sing in the studio...

BLY 02-07-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1264082)
If Johnís not touring again, then I doubt Christine will tour. Her loyalty is to Fleetwood and McVie. (I used to think it was also to Buckingham but the last tour changed all that.)

Without John onstage, the one thread of continuity is gone. The rhythm section that Christine and John were so proudly a part of is done.

I would, however, love to hear one more Christine album. I know it might be greedy or unrealistic, but Iím confident she could still write, play, and sing in the studio...

Yes, Iím with you. I would love that blues album she once talked about.

SteveMacD 02-07-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1264113)
Yes, Iím with you. I would love that blues album she once talked about.

Off topic, but I was listening to Eric Claptonís ďJourneymanĒ album a while ago and thought thatís what Fleetwood Mac should have done in the mid-90s instead of Time. It would have been an album of pop, rock, and blues that would be the core three, all Christine on vocals, with a bunch of guest guitarists, vocalists, and other musicians.

BLY 02-07-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1264116)
Off topic, but I was listening to Eric Claptonís ďJourneymanĒ album a while ago and thought thatís what Fleetwood Mac should have done in the mid-90s instead of Time. It would have been an album of pop, rock, and blues that would be the core three, all Christine on vocals, with a bunch of guest guitarists, vocalists, and other musicians.


Yes a lot of shoulda, woulda, coulda with this band. The Dance has come to an end.😢

jbrownsjr 02-07-2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1264117)
Yes a lot of shoulda, woulda, coulda with this band. The Dance has come to an end.😢

I wonder if Mick will have the balls to have Mike, Neil and another bass player and call it FMac.

BLY 02-07-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1264120)
I wonder if Mick will have the balls to have Mike, Neil and another bass player and call it FMac.

I sure hope not. Iím know itís hard for Mick but itís the end.😪

HomerMcvie 02-07-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1264120)
I wonder if Mick will have the balls to have Mike, Neil and another bass player and call it FMac.

You have doubt? Mick's a f*cking scumbag.

SteveMacD 02-07-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1264120)
I wonder if Mick will have the balls to have Mike, Neil and another bass player and call it FMac.

I donít see him putting another Fleetwood Mac together, one even more radical than the 94-95 lineup, although heís technically been the only original member since Bob Welch joined. I think an offshoot of some type (Fleetwood...) is much more likely.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved