The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Maroon 5 collaboration (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59262)

Jondalar 05-24-2021 04:03 PM

New Maroon 5 collaboration

Maroon 5 has a new album coming out. Stevie is featured on the song called Remedy. She collabs with everyone.

https://people.com/music/maroon-5-re...r-yg/?amp=true

UnwindedDreams 05-24-2021 08:11 PM

Stevie's close with Adam. She sang with him at his wedding.

I wonder if she co-wrote with Adam.

Lee 05-26-2021 07:31 AM

Yes!

I just found out this yesterday, that Stevie was on a song on their new album. I was at first on the fence about getting their new album, but now of course, I will. :D

Lee :)

vivfox 06-04-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 1267299)
Stevie was on a song on their new album. I was at first on the fence about getting their new album, but now of course, I will. :D

Why buy the cow when you could get the milk for free?

jbrownsjr 06-04-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1267486)
Why buy the cow when you could get the milk for free?

Haha!! I'm not even gonna touch this one! :wavey:

UnwindedDreams 06-04-2021 08:44 PM

Stevie's a co-writer for this song. Hope it's a rocker. The two M5 singles Nobody's Love and Beautiful Mistakes are bad. Memories is pretty good, even though it's 2 yrs old.

UnwindedDreams 06-11-2021 08:24 AM

https://youtu.be/Nfrz2UpI3jk

I like this song. It's pleasant to hear her sing so quickly.
Why is the song the length of a movie trailer?!!
How does Levine give her such a short song

kak125 06-11-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1267694)
https://youtu.be/Nfrz2UpI3jk

I like this song. It's pleasant to hear her sing so quickly.
Why is the song the length of a movie trailer?!!
How does Levine give her such a short song

Seriously! I was so pissed when the song was over. It was so damn short. I liked what I heard but I wanted more.

UnwindedDreams 06-11-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1267695)
Seriously! I was so pissed when the song was over. It was so damn short. I liked what I heard but I wanted more.

Totally agree. I like that it's pop but also has some concrete to it. Also, I like "sunkissed face" I though of sundrenched land from "Cheaper"

I wonder if she only sang chorus because she might have written the chorus. Her participation in this track was like Jagger's on You're So Vain, but her voice in chorus is more noticeable than Adam's. Thank God!

bombaysaffires 06-11-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1267496)
Stevie's a co-writer for this song. Hope it's a rocker. The two M5 singles Nobody's Love and Beautiful Mistakes are bad. Memories is pretty good, even though it's 2 yrs old.

that sounds like a classic Stevie thing of she has some lyrics written but no music to set them to, then collaborating with a more talented musician (lindsey, dave, mike, etc) to put them to music.

ETA: having now listened to it, it's hard to figure out which bits of lyrics she might have written..and it's definitely far too structured for it to have been a song she brought whole cloth into the studio. The only bits that sound like her are the sun and the candles. Someone said maybe she wrote the chorus or part of it, and that sounds most likely to me. Overall the song is very generic sounding, but that's the production,

Jondalar 06-11-2021 11:58 AM

I like the song. Nice filter on her voice.

BLY 06-11-2021 12:38 PM

I like it very much. It’s sounds like something that Lindsey could’ve done for Fleetwood Mac. I wouldn’t be surprised if that didn’t cross Adams mind.

David 06-11-2021 02:33 PM

Catchy tune! Sounds great at higher volume. I thought I detected a little autotune on Levine’s voice in the verses. I happen to love the autotune effect on singers — in fact, I’d love to hear Stevie use it on some contemporary-sounding piece like this.

Jondalar 06-11-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1267496)

She is not a co-writer for this song.

UnwindedDreams 06-11-2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1267708)
She is not a co-writer for this song.

She was listed as a co-writer last week on the Wiki page for Jordi, now it's gone.

Interesting. She was a co-writer for Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems with Lana but not this feature.

Well good job to Adam for this tune.

michelej1 06-11-2021 11:53 PM

I like it. Her voice sounds sweet, an ache I still remember.

aleuzzi 06-12-2021 01:37 AM

It’s a genuinely catchy tune. You could strip away all studio production, sing it with a strum guitar and it would still be pleasing. Stevie sounds better here than she has in years. Her harmonies remind me of her work on “Love in Store.”

Not crazy about the autotune on the verses. Sing it plainly and as straightforwardly as possible—that’s how to carry over a poppy rock ditty like this.

On Ice 06-12-2021 08:09 AM

This is a really nice song! Less is best works for her, nice tightly sung vocal and uncluttered lyrics, she can also still sing when she stays away from oversinging and shouting in large arena settings. Maybe Adam and Harry can convince her to try just one more album.

secret love 06-12-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1267266)
Maroon 5 has a new album coming out. Stevie is featured on the song called Remedy. She collabs with everyone.

https://people.com/music/maroon-5-re...r-yg/?amp=true

I ****ing hate Maroon 5, especially that song Memories. The song with Stevie is only a slight improvement on Memories.

BombaySapphire3 06-12-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On Ice (Post 1267722)
Maybe Adam and Harry can convince her to try just one more album.

Her only "new" song in over a decade is the recollections a of 12 year old grandiose dream that she jotted down and had someone transform into a clunky monotone song (and I use that word loosely) .The well has run dry.

secret love 06-13-2021 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1267726)
Her only "new" song in over a decade is the recollections a of 12 year old grandiose dream that she jotted down and had someone transform into a clunky monotone song (and I use that word loosely) .The well has run dry.

Sorry to nitpick...
You’ve forgotten about I Don’t Care, the “I don’t mean it, I do care...” verse was written in 2014 at the time of recording. Twisted also had new additional lyrics written in 2014 and Stevie co-wrote You Can’t Fix This in 2013.

There would be a lot of songs she has written that may never be released, including recently (eg My Mother’s Rings and others). I think she will record and release a few more new singles before she retires.
When Stevie dies her estate will probably release an album of new and unreleased songs. Like the Amy Winehouse Lioness: Hidden Treasures album. Stevie is disillusioned with the recording business again and because of that a lot of songs will end up on the cutting room floor and only a select few will be released as singles.

Fleetwood Mac will never record again with Stevie Nicks and if they do it without her no one will have the balls to call it Fleetwood Mac. Unless Stevie dies before the other four. Then they will do as they please and call it whatever they want.

HomerMcvie 06-13-2021 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1267734)
Sorry to nitpick...
You’ve forgotten about I Don’t Care, the “I don’t mean it, I do care...” verse was written in 2014 at the time of recording. Twisted also had new additional lyrics written in 2014 and Stevie co-wrote You Can’t Fix This in 2013.

There would be a lot of songs she has written that may never be released, including recently (eg My Mother’s Rings and others). I think she will record and release a few more new singles before she retires.
When Stevie dies her estate will probably release an album of new and unreleased songs. Like the Amy Winehouse Lioness: Hidden Treasures album. Stevie is disillusioned with the recording business again and because of that a lot of songs will end up on the cutting room floor and only a select few will be released as singles.

Fleetwood Mac will never record again with Stevie Nicks and if they do it without her no one will have the balls to call it Fleetwood Mac. Unless Stevie dies before the other four. Then they will do as they please and call it whatever they want.

Do you REALLY think $he's sitting on an arsenal of gems? $he can't even be bothered to give the band that took her from her waitressing career to stardom, a couple songs for an album.

$he's quite prolific, if you own a Delorean.

secret love 06-13-2021 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1267735)
Do you REALLY think $he's sitting on an arsenal of gems? $he can't even be bothered to give the band that took her from her waitressing career to stardom, a couple songs for an album.

$he's quite prolific, if you own a Delorean.

I never said gems. Or arsenal. I think she has written songs that she hasn’t released and I believe that includes a few that haven’t made it to YouTube. They’re probably not gems, which could be part of why she isn’t releasing them.

vivfox 06-13-2021 11:01 AM

Looks like I'm the only one so far that thinks this song $ucks. I can barely hear her voice. If you're going to ask Stevie Nicks to sing on your lame song, you should have her voice front and center. Her vocal is hidden too deep in the mix. Next!

michelej1 06-13-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1267741)
Looks like I'm the only one so far that thinks this song $ucks. I can barely hear her voice. If you're going to ask Stevie Nicks to sing on your lame song, you should have her voice front and center. Her vocal is hidden too deep in the mix. Next!

I did think her vocals were buried and altered in Prove You Wrong, but not here.

BLY 06-13-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

I’m a bit surprised you don’t like this track Vivfox. As far as barely hearing her voice……Say what?

BombaySapphire3 06-13-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Sorry to nitpick...

Yeah I did forget about You Can't Fix this..not her most memorable work and also clunky. I don't consider the additional lyrics on the two older songs new songs . If this is all one can come up with for a decade's worth of work by a once prolific songwriter ..then yeah you can stick a fork in her she's done.

bwboy 06-13-2021 08:40 PM

Some folks say stick a fork in her, she’s done because she’s not recording very much at all, and other folks say stick a fork in her, she’s done because they don’t like what she has recorded these past few years. She’s said she doesn’t want to record albums anymore, and that’s her right. Congratulations to Lindsey for wanting to record an album. I certainly wouldn’t begrudge him if he didn’t want to record anymore. If she gets more pleasure out of touring, I couldn’t care less. I have no interest in seeing her live, the FM show I saw her in in 2019 was fantastic and as far as I’m concerned was the perfect jumping off point for me. Hopefully she will rerelease a couple more of her other albums with the Deluxe treatment, but as far as live or new material, I don’t care if she does anything new.

UnwindedDreams 06-13-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1267751)
She’s said she doesn’t want to record albums anymore, and that’s her right.

She said doesn't want to make an album with Fleetwood Mac.

She wants to make another solo record, she said that during her press rounds at the end of 2020. If you saw a 24 Karat Gold Tour show in 2017, after Moonlight she said "I'm going to make music for the rest of my life and I don't care if anyone buys it."

HomerMcvie 06-13-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1267751)
Some folks say stick a fork in her, she’s done because she’s not recording very much at all, and other folks say stick a fork in her, she’s done because they don’t like what she has recorded these past few years. She’s said she doesn’t want to record albums anymore, and that’s her right. Congratulations to Lindsey for wanting to record an album. I certainly wouldn’t begrudge him if he didn’t want to record anymore. If she gets more pleasure out of touring, I couldn’t care less. I have no interest in seeing her live, the FM show I saw her in in 2019 was fantastic and as far as I’m concerned was the perfect jumping off point for me. Hopefully she will rerelease a couple more of her other albums with the Deluxe treatment, but as far as live or new material, I don’t care if she does anything new.

If $he killed your Mother, I suspect you'd still have her back...:lol:

secret love 06-13-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1267750)
Yeah I did forget about You Can't Fix this..not her most memorable work and also clunky. I don't consider the additional lyrics on the two older songs new songs . If this is all one can come up with for a decade's worth of work by a once prolific songwriter ..then yeah you can stick a fork in her she's done.

I think it is important to make this distinction. Stevie Nicks hasn’t stopped writing new songs. She has stopped releasing new songs. I have no doubt when she says she writes every day that she is telling the truth. Not a whole song every day but she puts ideas down on paper every day.

Let’s be honest. It’s not that she isn’t writing. It’s that she isn’t confident in what she is writing any more. It is also that even when she writes something she thinks is good, she doesn’t trust that it will sell or that the song will have the audience she craves.

Stevieforever 06-14-2021 03:58 AM

I am just happy to have the song! If you don't like it, don't listen to it, and move on.

secret love 06-14-2021 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevieforever (Post 1267757)
I am just happy to have the song! If you don't like it, don't listen to it, and move on.

I like Stevie's vocal. I like how she sounds in the 1970's and I like how she sounds now, even though she doesn't sound the same.

Even though I don't like the song and think it is a poorly written cliched piece of crap, I am glad that I got to hear it, because I'm forgetting what Stevie sounds like in the present day. I really enjoyed Show Them the Way, but I've listened to it too many times. Stevie didn't write Remedy. It is a Maroon 5 song. So I don't blame her for the lousy half arsed songwriting. I know plenty of songs written by amateur musicians that put Adam Levine's songwriting to shame.

If Stevie wants to stay relevant, why not work with Taylor Swift again? Swift's last album evermore is brilliant.

bwboy 06-14-2021 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1267753)
If $he killed your Mother, I suspect you'd still have her back...:lol:

C’mon Homer, you know as well as I do that Stevie would never kill someone- she’d have Karen do it for her!

Jondalar 06-14-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Maybe that is why people like the track so much. You can hear the good essence from her voice in the mix, but if her voice wasn't filtered and a bit buried, it would ruin the song, sorta like Beautiful People Beautiful Problems. Stevie is old and her voice sounds like someone put it in a wood chipper. Nobody wants a demented chip monk sound dominating a song.

snroxman 06-15-2021 04:59 PM

I like her parts, even if she didn't write them. She sounds good. If we could get one more release sounding this good, that would be great.

UnwindedDreams 06-17-2021 05:16 PM

Quote:

Sorry to nitpick...
You’ve forgotten about I Don’t Care, the “I don’t mean it, I do care...” verse was written in 2014 at the time of recording.

I thought all of those lyrics were new and the music by Mike was an old track.

Quote:

Twisted also had new additional lyrics written in 2014

What are the 2014 lyrics? Is it only "Well I've got your demons. athey're crying out for love"?