The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Maroon 5 collaboration (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59262)

secret love 06-13-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1267750)
Yeah I did forget about You Can't Fix this..not her most memorable work and also clunky. I don't consider the additional lyrics on the two older songs new songs . If this is all one can come up with for a decade's worth of work by a once prolific songwriter ..then yeah you can stick a fork in her she's done.

I think it is important to make this distinction. Stevie Nicks hasn’t stopped writing new songs. She has stopped releasing new songs. I have no doubt when she says she writes every day that she is telling the truth. Not a whole song every day but she puts ideas down on paper every day.

Let’s be honest. It’s not that she isn’t writing. It’s that she isn’t confident in what she is writing any more. It is also that even when she writes something she thinks is good, she doesn’t trust that it will sell or that the song will have the audience she craves.

Stevieforever 06-14-2021 03:58 AM

I am just happy to have the song! If you don't like it, don't listen to it, and move on.

secret love 06-14-2021 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevieforever (Post 1267757)
I am just happy to have the song! If you don't like it, don't listen to it, and move on.

I like Stevie's vocal. I like how she sounds in the 1970's and I like how she sounds now, even though she doesn't sound the same.

Even though I don't like the song and think it is a poorly written cliched piece of crap, I am glad that I got to hear it, because I'm forgetting what Stevie sounds like in the present day. I really enjoyed Show Them the Way, but I've listened to it too many times. Stevie didn't write Remedy. It is a Maroon 5 song. So I don't blame her for the lousy half arsed songwriting. I know plenty of songs written by amateur musicians that put Adam Levine's songwriting to shame.

If Stevie wants to stay relevant, why not work with Taylor Swift again? Swift's last album evermore is brilliant.

bwboy 06-14-2021 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1267753)
If $he killed your Mother, I suspect you'd still have her back...:lol:

C’mon Homer, you know as well as I do that Stevie would never kill someone- she’d have Karen do it for her!

Jondalar 06-14-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1267741)
Looks like I'm the only one so far that thinks this song $ucks. I can barely hear her voice. If you're going to ask Stevie Nicks to sing on your lame song, you should have her voice front and center. Her vocal is hidden too deep in the mix. Next!

Maybe that is why people like the track so much. You can hear the good essence from her voice in the mix, but if her voice wasn't filtered and a bit buried, it would ruin the song, sorta like Beautiful People Beautiful Problems. Stevie is old and her voice sounds like someone put it in a wood chipper. Nobody wants a demented chip monk sound dominating a song.

snroxman 06-15-2021 04:59 PM

I like her parts, even if she didn't write them. She sounds good. If we could get one more release sounding this good, that would be great.

UnwindedDreams 06-17-2021 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1267734)
Sorry to nitpick...
You’ve forgotten about I Don’t Care, the “I don’t mean it, I do care...” verse was written in 2014 at the time of recording.

I thought all of those lyrics were new and the music by Mike was an old track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1267734)
Twisted also had new additional lyrics written in 2014

What are the 2014 lyrics? Is it only "Well I've got your demons. athey're crying out for love"?