The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie and Dolly Parton New Collab (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59829)

krrrby 01-17-2023 05:11 PM

Stevie and Dolly Parton New Collab

Dolly is doing a rock and roll album, and Stevie has done a song with her:

Listen around the 2 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUZEjbuNFs4

Tusky 01-19-2023 07:34 AM

Am I right in thinking she wanted Dolly to sing After The Glitter Fades originally?

vermicious knid 01-19-2023 01:31 PM

Yes, supposedly she sent it to Dolly in the early seventies hoping Dolly would use it on an album, and never heard back about it.

It seems like they have been circling each other's orbits for a long time without really connecting before now. A few years back Dolly made some really nice (and untrue) comment about how Stevie was such a fine songwriter that Dolly couldn't match her.

I have never seen a picture of them together. Surely this collaboration won't have been the first time they have met, though?

BombaySapphire3 01-19-2023 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious knid (Post 1281500)
Yes, supposedly she sent it to Dolly in the early seventies hoping Dolly would use it on an album, and never heard back about it.

It seems like they have been circling each other's orbits for a long time without really connecting before now. A few years back Dolly made some really nice (and untrue) comment about how Stevie was such a fine songwriter that Dolly couldn't match her.

I have never seen a picture of them together. Surely this collaboration won't have been the first time they have met, though?

I am not sure that someone like Dolly would wish to be around someone with the current Stevie's self absorbtion and bloated sense of importance. The country singers of Dolly's generation often came from childhoods of abject poverty. Stevie complained about having to make hamburger helper during the few months that her wealthy parents cut her off before she joined FM. I know that Stevie was in Betty Ford at the same time as the late Tammy Wynette. Tammy in spite of all her troubles remained a down to earth and kind lady. I don't believe that they interacted and Tammy also would have looked askance at the narcissistic mess that Stevie had become even by that time.

HomerMcvie 01-19-2023 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1281507)
I am not sure that someone like Dolly would wish to be around someone with the current Stevie's self absorbtion and bloated sense of importance. The country singers of Dolly's generation often came from childhoods of abject poverty. Stevie complained about having to make hamburger helper during the few months that her wealthy parents cut her off before she joined FM. I know that Stevie was in Betty Ford at the same time as the late Tammy Wynette. Tammy in spite of all her troubles remained a down to earth and kind lady. I don't believe that they interacted and Tammy also would have looked askance at the narcissistic mess that Stevie had become even by that time.

I'm a huge country music guy, and I can tell you that fans of their generation simply wouldn't tolerate uppity self absorbed stars. It's different now(I did monitors for Miranda Lambert, and she had her handlers surrounding her, even keeping the sound people(me) from speaking to them).

Macfan4life 01-19-2023 05:19 PM

Is Stevie going to do 9 to 5?

I would love to hear her botch the lyrics to it.

:lol:

bwboy 01-19-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1281507)

Well you must be wrong because Dolly just said she recorded a song with Stevie. So she must not mind being around someone like Stevie. And I’m sure Dolly has plenty of experience being around narcissistic people, anyway.

jmn3 01-19-2023 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1281521)
Is Stevie going to do 9 to 5?

I would love to hear her botch the lyrics to it.

:lol:

She’d be rambling on how she could never work between 9-5 since as a rockstar she stays up until 5am.

krrrby 01-19-2023 07:50 PM

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0A&oe=63CE7140

From Stevie on Facebook:

"Happy Birthday to my new friend, Dolly Parton! Had so much fun singing with you!"

BombaySapphire3 01-19-2023 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1281549)
Well you must be wrong because Dolly just said she recorded a song with Stevie..

Seems like Lindsey recorded quite a few songs with her as well if memory serves me right.:laugh:

Steviegirl 01-19-2023 08:41 PM

I know this sounds really mean, but I've thought it the last several times I've seen Stevie--her hair looks like an unkempt rat's nest. It's just not working.

SteveMacD 01-19-2023 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steviegirl (Post 1281594)
I know this sounds really mean, but I've thought it the last several times I've seen Stevie--her hair looks like an unkempt rat's nest. It's just not working.

Waddy has better hair. :laugh:

BombaySapphire3 01-19-2023 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steviegirl (Post 1281594)

The truth will set you free.Retirement time.

jmn3 01-19-2023 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1281602)
Waddy has better hair. :laugh:

Lol this is a statement that has never been made, ever before, in the history of the world! But also, straight facts!

UnwindedDreams 01-19-2023 09:36 PM

Does Stevie have running tights on?