The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Jason!!!!! (and other Atlanta people) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17912)

Merf 01-29-2005 02:12 PM

Jason!!!!! (and other Atlanta people)

How's it going down there? My dad's down in Atlanta for a clothing show at the Mart and he said he can't even get there because it's so bad... We're snowed/iced in alllll day. How are your babies? Are they freezing? :eek:

ShangriLaTroubl 01-29-2005 02:45 PM

It's definetely iced over and isn't improving..freezing rain is still coming down..I'm just glad to be out of work today, they closed the mall I work at..and all the banks and all....My power just came back on from being off 2 hrs...although most of you with real snow storms will probably laugh at all this lol

Chris

Hawkeye 01-29-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
It's definetely iced over and isn't improving..freezing rain is still coming down..I'm just glad to be out of work today, they closed the mall I work at..and all the banks and all....My power just came back on from being off 2 hrs...although most of you with real snow storms will probably laugh at all this lol

Chris

I don't know about that, I'd take a snow storm over an ice storm anyday. I know I've never lost power from snow, but ice does it every time, so yeah ice is far worse then even the worst snow storm.

strandinthewind 01-29-2005 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merf
How's it going down there? My dad's down in Atlanta for a clothing show at the Mart and he said he can't even get there because it's so bad... We're snowed/iced in alllll day. How are your babies? Are they freezing? :eek:

Well, it is frozen over :eek: The trees here are not used to that - so many have fallen, including my next door neighbor's tree. Thus, there is no power. So, the Scotties and I have checked in the Ritz Carlton and are having a snowbound cocktail :laugh: CHEERS!!!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

77Rumours77 01-29-2005 04:17 PM

I fell so sorry for you guys! Wichiat got one of those damn ice storms 3 weeks ago. It was hell! I was lucky enough not to lose power but half of my street did, I live in a suburb of Wichita with a popul;ation of about 6,500 and 4,000 lost power for 3 days or more! Some were out for 10 Days :eek: 80,000 in wichita lost it as well. it was crazy, I'll post some pics tonight!
I just pray you guys dont go too long with out power or pray that you don't lose power at all!

strandinthewind 01-29-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
I fell so sorry for you guys! Wichiat got one of those damn ice storms 3 weeks ago. It was hell! I was lucky enough not to lose power but half of my street did, I live in a suburb of Wichita with a popul;ation of about 6,500 and 4,000 lost power for 3 days or more! Some were out for 10 Days :eek: 80,000 in wichita lost it as well. it was crazy, I'll post some pics tonight!
I just pray you guys dont go too long with out power or pray that you don't lose power at all!

OMG - ten days :eek: That would be horrible :nod:

They are saying tommorow is the thaw - we can only hope :cool:

WelshWitchPMD 01-29-2005 05:07 PM

Stay safe! Ice storms are the worst! I remember when I was 12 we had one here and it was awful. We lost power and I think heat too. We never lost power in the blizzard of 78 so it was not that bad but everytime I hear ice storm I shiver.

Merf 01-29-2005 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Well, it is frozen over :eek: The trees here are not used to that - so many have fallen, including my next door neighbor's tree. Thus, there is no power. So, the Scotties and I have checked in the Ritz Carlton and are having a snowbound cocktail :laugh: CHEERS!!!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

:laugh: :laugh: Way to make the best of it!!!

What, no Four Seasons? ;) :wavey:

irishgrl 01-29-2005 07:33 PM

Jason

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind

does that mean it is made with ICE?
:blob2: