The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Introduce Yourself Here! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47148)

Dex 05-04-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1091436)
Welcome, Derek! Sounds like our Mac tastes are similar- I can't get into anything pre '71, either. Don't get me wrong, I find the occasional Green song enjoyable, but it's just not my kind of music.

Fewf! Living in the UK is a bit brutal for the Peter Green not-fan. It seems like if you mention the Mac to an audiophile without indicating a strong preference for the Peter Green era, you are quickly labelled an idiot. It's a label I've learned to accept graciously. ;)

Thanks to you and vivfox for the welcome. :)

Macfanforever 05-06-2013 06:24 PM

Welcome Dex to the board.My 10th anniversary will be coming up next month.I will be lost without these guys.

Also welcome to the other newcombers.

SadAngel86
Angie1980
streetangel27
gypsy-sara
ejb1969
redbird
oberwerk

TheWILDheart welcome back.

And other that I did not mention.

Welcome aboard.

TerraRhiannon 05-06-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadAngel86 (Post 1086671)
Hello! My name is Sierra and I currently hail from Chicago, IL although right now I am living in Urbana, IL about to finish up my Master's in Library and Information Science. I will be graduating on May 12th of this year and am excited but very nervous.

My first ever experience I ever had with Fleetwood Mac was when I was 11 years old and my mom had purchased The Dance DVD. I then remember being at my grandma's house (she would babysit us after school while the parents were at work) and my sister and I would play this DVD constantly. It holds a very special place in my heart. I just remember being enamored by Lindsey Buckingham (and I still am to this day!) because he is just a genius with that guitar!

Since I am now an adult, I have some time to get reacquainted with the band and have just recently been listening to a whole bunch of their albums (Tango, Tusk, Debut and a lot of Lindsey's solo stuff)

To top this all off I will be attending my FIRST EVER concert on June 14th at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. The tickets are a graduation present. I am beyond excited.:blob2: I just hope security is all right with the camera I want to bring because I want to document this since I don't know of they'll ever tour again. Let's hope so!

I also came across The Ledge just by looking around the internet for news and a fan community that was still alive and kicking which I was surprised there was! It's great!:thumbsup: (You can also probably tell that I love their new song "Sad Angel!")

Hmmm ok So firstly.. welcome to the Ledge! :nod: And secondly... our stories are very similar. See, when I was 5 The Dance came out and I had the CD and my Mom would play it every day for me, and I fell in love with them at a very young age. It wasn't until I was about 15 that I actually became a hard core fan and expanded my fandom! ;)

Also.. We both are seeing our first FM concert this tour.. I saw them in Boston and looks like you're seeing them in June!!! And I love their new song Sad Angel! We're twins! haha :laugh:

SadAngel86 05-14-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 1091780)
Hmmm ok So firstly.. welcome to the Ledge! :nod: And secondly... our stories are very similar. See, when I was 5 The Dance came out and I had the CD and my Mom would play it every day for me, and I fell in love with them at a very young age. It wasn't until I was about 15 that I actually became a hard core fan and expanded my fandom! ;)

Also.. We both are seeing our first FM concert this tour.. I saw them in Boston and looks like you're seeing them in June!!! And I love their new song Sad Angel! We're twins! haha :laugh:

Thank you TerraRhiannon!! Yes, I am seeing them in June. Only about 35 days or so to go! Yes, I am counting down! Can't wait!

Deeshere 05-22-2013 08:43 PM

Hello everyone :] I'm new here, but I love all the stories I have been reading on this site and there are so many people here that impress me with their knowledge of the band, their music and their back story, that I felt I had to join.

Honestly, I would love to be able to say I grew up listening to Fleetwood Mac, and that my parents were/are huge Mac fans, but that wouldn't be true.

I obviously have heard/known about Fleetwood Mac for years, but no one I know (then or even now) really listens to them (it's weird I know). I actually just started listening to them one day all on my own (I really am not sure why) I think I saw an article about them and I was curious because like I said I have heard about them for years , but, just didn't know much about them. One I started listening though I became hooked and now they are truly my favorite band. So, that's why I'm here, I have NO ONE to talk to about my FAVORITE band and it truly sucks. So I hope you guys will take pity on me and help me out by talking to me about MY FAVORITE BAND because like I said, I have no one else to talk to. (uggh... I'm so pitiful)

I started reading everything I could about their history (particularly Stevie & Lindsey) and "studying" Stevie and Lindsey's lyrics and have a pretty good understanding of the band and their history.

All I can say is WOW that's a bunch of messed up people ;), but I love them and their music anyway. I think my favorite is Lindsey (I don't want to upset any Stevie fans, cause I love her too). I know Lindsey can be an ass and acts arrogant sometimes, but he's so honest and I really respect that about him. You very rarely see that in a person and it's even rarer in a celebrity. Also I know he' s married with 3 kids but I am such a romantic (like Stevie), I gotta love how he still loves her after all these years. I know a lot of people on this board say he's happily married (and I really do hope that's true).

I have in all honesty always respected the sanctity of marriage, but Stevie and (especially) Lindsey break my heart and their story is so sad, that (for the first and only time) I feel like Gods gotta give them a pass on this (if they ever do get back together). These two have suffered more than any couple I have ever seen, and they should have some happiness while they still can get it.

Hope I did not offend anyone and if I did I apologize in advance (now and in future post) :p

Dex 05-23-2013 06:24 AM

Welcome Deeshere! I too was deprived of "growing up with" Fleetwood Mac's music despite my parent's age making me an ideal candidate for that. My parents were never big music lovers and we really only listened to the odd film soundtrack in the car growing up. Most of my musical education was self-taught from my late teens onward.

I can find a lot of people who enjoy FM on a casual basis, but when it comes to the depth of knowledge and passion, this place is unrivaled. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

vivfox 05-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeshere (Post 1093737)
So, that's why I'm here, I have NO ONE to talk to about my FAVORITE band and it truly sucks. So I hope you guys will take pity on me and help me out by talking to me about MY FAVORITE BAND because like I said, I have no one else to talk to. (uggh... I'm so pitiful)

Hope I did not offend anyone and if I did I apologize in advance (now and in future post)

Welcome! New members are the lifeblood of The Ledge. We welcome you to talk about all the reasons why you love this band. We also welcome you to discuss all your frustrations about this band. You might offend some members with your future opinions because Stevie, Lindsey and Christine have many defenders here, but your words will always be of great value to me and many more of us as well.

Deeshere 05-28-2013 10:41 AM

Thank you both for being so warm, kind and accepting.

I have been on other sites where it seems that anyone new is not welcome, but everyone here seems very nice and I am sure I will like it here. :nod:

elle 05-28-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeshere (Post 1093737)
Hello everyone :] I'm new here, but I love all the stories I have been reading on this site and there are so many people here that impress me with their knowledge of the band, their music and their back story, that I felt I had to join.

Honestly, I would love to be able to say I grew up listening to Fleetwood Mac, and that my parents were/are huge Mac fans, but that wouldn't be true.

I obviously have heard/known about Fleetwood Mac for years, but no one I know (then or even now) really listens to them (it's weird I know). I actually just started listening to them one day all on my own (I really am not sure why) I think I saw an article about them and I was curious because like I said I have heard about them for years , but, just didn't know much about them. One I started listening though I became hooked and now they are truly my favorite band. So, that's why I'm here, I have NO ONE to talk to about my FAVORITE band and it truly sucks. So I hope you guys will take pity on me and help me out by talking to me about MY FAVORITE BAND because like I said, I have no one else to talk to. (uggh... I'm so pitiful)

I started reading everything I could about their history (particularly Stevie & Lindsey) and "studying" Stevie and Lindsey's lyrics and have a pretty good understanding of the band and their history.

All I can say is WOW that's a bunch of messed up people ;), but I love them and their music anyway. I think my favorite is Lindsey (I don't want to upset any Stevie fans, cause I love her too). I know Lindsey can be an ass and acts arrogant sometimes, but he's so honest and I really respect that about him. You very rarely see that in a person and it's even rarer in a celebrity. Also I know he' s married with 3 kids but I am such a romantic (like Stevie), I gotta love how he still loves her after all these years. I know a lot of people on this board say he's happily married (and I really do hope that's true).

I have in all honesty always respected the sanctity of marriage, but Stevie and (especially) Lindsey break my heart and their story is so sad, that (for the first and only time) I feel like Gods gotta give them a pass on this (if they ever do get back together). These two have suffered more than any couple I have ever seen, and they should have some happiness while they still can get it.

Hope I did not offend anyone and if I did I apologize in advance (now and in future post) :p

welcome! :wavey:

and yay, so good to see another new LB fan here!! :cool: please join in on the fun, and make sure to visit LB solo forum!!

elle 05-28-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1093762)
Welcome Deeshere! I too was deprived of "growing up with" Fleetwood Mac's music despite my parent's age making me an ideal candidate for that. My parents were never big music lovers and we really only listened to the odd film soundtrack in the car growing up. Most of my musical education was self-taught from my late teens onward.

I can find a lot of people who enjoy FM on a casual basis, but when it comes to the depth of knowledge and passion, this place is unrivaled. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

i never come to chitchat, but someone told me about some posts to check out here.

so since i'm here, i also want to say welcome to you Dex - it's been so great to have your calm, collected, and measured presence on these boards! :thumbsup:

Dex 05-29-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1094331)
i never come to chitchat, but someone told me about some posts to check out here.

so since i'm here, i also want to say welcome to you Dex - it's been so great to have your calm, collected, and measured presence on these boards! :thumbsup:

Thanks Elle! You make me feel all warm and squishy. ;)

TimeCastASpell 06-26-2013 11:15 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm new here (though I feel like I may have been a not very active member around a decade ago?). My name is Tzipora. I'm in my 20's and I call myself a lifelong Mac and Stevie fan though I suppose I technically got into them in my preteen years. They were a big part of the music I feel I grew up on. In fact I can still remember exactly where I bought and first heard most of their albums. And the joy when I was in my early teens and started hanging at a record store and set out to find Rumours on vinyl and succeeded! I was also really into gothy dress and music and shawls and capes and all. And I have so many memories of shopping for clothes and rattling on and on about how "Its so Stevie!" Or "Oh my gosh Dad, LOOK! A Stevie Nicks-esque dress!!!!!" And I was a big writer. I blatantly stole certain lines of Stevie's and threw them in my poems. And every story I wrote for years, the main character was named Rhiannon! And occasionally Sara or Stevie. Think I was maybe introduced to Stevie first around the release of Trouble In Shangri-La. I was heavy into dance (Stevie being a dancer always held a lot of appeal) and I remember my favorite dance teacher playing the album. I was obsessed right away!

I don't think that obsession ever really died. At least I've never stopped loving FM and Stevie but I got older and life happened and all of that. I also ended up getting really sick in the last several years. So I'm on disability now and have a handful of rare life threatening severe diseases. And that's basically taken over my life. But I had a beautiful reprieve two weeks ago when I got to cross off an item from the top of my bucket list!

I saw Fleetwood Mac in Detroit for the first time!!! Took a friend who likes them but isn't really a big fan and we were both blown away. And for me it was hands down the best day I've had in forever. We waited forever to buy tickets (kind of hard when you're on a fixed income and my medical treatments are wildly expensive. And hard to trust how I feel but I said I didn't care if I ended up in the hospital the next day, I WAS GOING TO SEE FLEETWOOD MAC!) We ended up with really cool seats. I use a wheelchair so we sat in accessible seating and were on the side of the stage and up. We were closer than most actually. It was pretty awesome. Except that John was on the other side so I could hardly see him and Mick was blocked by the cymbals of the drum set much of the time. But I got some AMAZING photos of Stevie and Lindsey especially. And I was singing along to every song. I couldn't even speak the next day because I was so hoarse from screaming! And disabled or not I was even up dancing half the time (as was the other person in a wheelchair near me. Fleetwood Mac is just that good! ;) and was dressed in Stevie-esque clothing and a vintage penguin logo shirt. I had the most amazing time!!!

So now my obsession is roaring. Haha. My friend keeps telling me I've "got it bad". I'm constantly quoting songs, sending him links to interviews, rattling on and on about how now I have to meet them! And I would give anything to spend the day with Stevie.

And it makes me happy. No matter how much pain I'm in or how crappy my life can be, I just love listening to Fleetwood Mac. I feel like I'm at the concert again. It gives me something to focus on. And Stevie has probably influenced my life in various ways more than anyone. Very little connects my past when I was a healthy dancer to my present but my love of Stevie and FM does. I'm so grateful for that. I'm so glad they're still rocking after all these years too. I always thought I was born at the wrong time so I'm glad I finally got to see them! And watching Lindsey run around the stage, my friend and I agreed he's got more energy than the both of us 20-something's together!

Anyway, not sure how active I'll be or not. I hope to but my joints are deteriorating in my wrists and fingers and its very painful for me to type (and I'm rambly ;) so I don't even type much or get to do art which I love anymore. But I'm definitely around lurking and reading and getting my fix of the Mac!

vivfox 06-27-2013 09:12 AM

TimeCastASpell, I am glad you are here. Fleetwood Mac's music can be a very warm, comforting and healing experience. My best to you. Welcome!!!:xoxo:

The Highwayman 07-06-2013 12:44 PM

Hello, all.

I'm new here but not new to FM/SN/LB. Been a fan of all three since about 1997-1998.
Stevie is my favorite member of the Mac, but man Lindsey is a very close second. I love both their solo work as well, and feel that Bella Donna and Out of the Cradle are the two best albums Fleetwood Mac never made. Wonderful stuff. Bella Donna particularly; it's perfection.
Anyway, I've never seen FM or Lindsey live, but I did go see Stevie live back in 1998 on her Enchanted tour. It was wonderful, probably the best concert I ever experienced.

My favorite Fleetwood Mac album is a 3-way tie between Rumours, Tusk and Mirage. I'm leaning more towards Mirage, though. My favorite FM song is 'Gypsy' with 'Dreams' in second place.

My favorite Stevie Nicks solo album is absolutely Bella Donna. A distant second would be The Wild Heart. My favorite solo Stevie song would be 'Sleeping Angel'. Utterly beautiful.

My favorite Lindsey Buckingham solo album is of course Out of the Cradle, followed closely by Under The Skin. My favorite solo Lindsey song is either 'Soul Drifter' or 'Cast Away Dreams'.

Haven't heard too much of Christine's solo work, and don't own her three solo albums, though I hope to at some point. I may be a Buckingham Nicks junkie, but I do love Chris and I really miss her in FM.

Anyway, look forward to babbling on about everyone's favorite soap opera musical, Fleetwood Mac and its five fireflies.

Desiree 07-28-2013 02:53 PM

Hi everybody! I'm Desiree. I've been a fan since the Bob Welch FM days, but I'm a Rumours Band girl! And, I love me some Stevie Nicks! So great to see FM coming back around to such good reviews! Don't know what the future holds but it looks pretty good right now! I love the music, the relationships and the mystery....fabulous!