The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey autobiography coming soon? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59038)

Sanne2 09-26-2020 05:32 AM

Lindsey autobiography coming soon?

I received an interesting message on my blog 2 days ago: someone claiming to be an art researcher was inquiring about a specific photo from the archive for the cover art of forthcoming autobiography on Lindsey. I told her he photo was by Herbert Worthington and that it was scanned from the Rumours boxset booklet. She then told me that she had tried to get in touch with his estate over another photo but that was unsuccesful, so probably no HWW photo on the cover. I suggested she tried Sam Emerson, as he also took great photo's of him in the 1970's and he's very much alive and probably easier to get in touch with.
She specifically said autobiography, doesn't that mean that the person themselves is writing it? Because if someone else wrote it about him without his cooperation it would be a biography? English is not my first language so I'm not completely sure about that. Wouldn't that be interesting, Lindsey writing his own story?!

FuzzyPlum 09-26-2020 01:36 PM

That's interesting. Does indeed sound like an autobiography. Wow!
I wonder why the Herb Worthington estate would have said 'No'

HomerMcvie 09-27-2020 12:40 AM

Omg. He should RIP THEM A NEW ONE. Especially $tevie and Dick.

However, I'll bet y'all ANYTHING, that part of his settlement was agreeing that nothing like that could happen.

We can dream, though.

David 09-27-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1260182)
I wonder why the Herb Worthington estate would have said 'No'

Or no one called back. It's possible that the "estate" doesn't currently have anyone manning the phones? In These Strange Times, a lot of offices and pseudo-offices are closed.

Lindsey should forget the autobiography idea and put out a book of songs, stories, and poems, against a backdrop of Celtic folklore.

FuzzyPlum 09-27-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1260199)

Lindsey should forget the autobiography idea and put out a book of songs, stories, and poems, against a backdrop of Celtic folklore.

...this is the story about a Welsh Princess called Diane

sleepless child 09-27-2020 03:29 PM

According to Richard Dashut, Lindsey has a photographic memory. He remembers everything. But he never had much to say about the Australia story where he kicked Stevie onstage during Rhiannon. LOL. I would love an autobiography from Lindsey. Yes, that would mean he was writing it.

I think we would get more of the truth from him, than from anyone else in the band.

michelej1 09-28-2020 08:42 PM

I would be surprised if Lindsey’s settlement agreement contained a non-disparagement clause. I think he can say what he wants.

Macfan4life 09-29-2020 05:53 AM

OMG, the Tango in the night chapter would be incredible. What he did with altering his voice to sound like Stevie, altering the speed of her voice on tracks, and what he had to deal with during the entire process... Mick buying drugs in his driveway, Stevie showing up late and drunk, and the meltdown at Christine's house.

PLEASE PLEASE let this be true

button-lip 09-30-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1260229)
OMG, the Tango in the night chapter would be incredible. What he did with altering his voice to sound like Stevie, altering the speed of her voice on tracks, and what he had to deal with during the entire process... Mick buying drugs in his driveway, Stevie showing up late and drunk, and the meltdown at Christine's house.

PLEASE PLEASE let this be true

Exactly! Those are the stories I'd love to hear the most. All his hard work during Tango, covering for the drunky and druggie pair that were Mick and $tevie during that time. And all that while trying to make an album.
No wonder he walked out the moment his work was done. To tour with that people would have been insane.

SteveMacD 09-30-2020 10:40 PM

I hope he uses an editor or it will be 5000 pages and only go to 1987.

Macfan4life 10-01-2020 05:19 AM

Chapter 14: Tango in the fright

Jondalar 10-01-2020 05:36 AM

He is going to destroy Stevie and Mick and they deserve it.

mitzo 10-01-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1260271)

Or bore them to death, more likely.

button-lip 10-01-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1260271)

$tevie probably thinks he's gonna tell all those romantic stories she's still fantasizing about :lol::lol::lol: :]:]

michelej1 10-06-2020 03:36 PM

Eddie Van Halen, 65.

We still have our guy. I guess that is all that matters.

Every day someone dies. Then in 15-20 years it will be us.