The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New interview: "Rumours Has It..." (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55903)

Danielle 03-02-2016 12:54 AM

New interview: "Rumours Has It..."

http://s20.postimg.org/42naj2nod/Mc_Vie_large.jpg

“I’m waiting to hear when we’re going to finish it, which I suspect will be April. Everybody has different things going on. But my feet are firmly planted in this record at the moment, because quite a lot of the songs are mine!”

“Once the album is ready, McVie says the band will embark on another tour. “Depending on how decrepit we feel, it may not be the last. We’re all fit, so we think we can do another tour and put a record out – and people seem to love us, so we appreciate that.”
#Fleetwood Mac#this interview made my day#I can't even explain how happy I am and nothing is even officially confirmed yet#I really like her leather jacket#her chair is cool too#and I want that picture of the tour stats#new interview#quote

Read the whole interview here: http://www.pubbiz.com/page/content/000182

jbrownsjr 03-02-2016 10:02 AM

How the heck does she look 50? During the Dance she looked 35 ish...

jbrownsjr 03-02-2016 10:05 AM

Thanks for posting, Danielle...

Macfan4life 03-02-2016 10:28 AM

Thanks for posting. Its out of this world to hear Christine talk about her love of making new music and hitting the road more than one more time. She has such a zest for life now.
I love the fact she is sitting next to a trophy from the last tour with all kinds of amazing facts. I just wish we could see the beginning of the gross tour numbers. You know its out of this world. I like how she acknowledges the love from the fans too.

nicepace 03-02-2016 11:04 AM

I like this bit:

Quote:

McVie and Fleetwood Mac achieved a virtually unparalleled level of acclaim and adoration with Rumours, but the road to success wasn’t always easy. “There weren’t that many women around back then [the 60s and early 70s]. It was a very male-oriented industry. I wasn’t in the pop industry at that time – I was playing in a blues band, so that was even more unusual.”
I have always thought that Christine is a real musical pioneer, because she was one of a very few women at the time who wrote songs, sang songs, and played an instrument, in a mixed gender band, on an equal footing with the guys in the band. It makes me happy to see Christine herself refer to this pioneering role.

jbrownsjr 03-02-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1179024)
I like this bit:

I have always thought that Christine is a real musical pioneer, because she was one of a very few women at the time who wrote songs, sang songs, and played an instrument, in a mixed gender band, on an equal footing with the guys in the band. It makes me happy to see Christine herself refer to this pioneering role.

And she had the personality that allowed another women to come join the band. If not for that, Buckingham/Nicks might be still waiting tables and Fleetwood Mac would be known as a blues band from England.

louielouie2000 03-02-2016 03:46 PM

She got rid of her dogs?! :shocked:

nicepace 03-02-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

She got rid of her dogs?!
It's likely the dogs have gone to Doggie Heaven by now. I remember seeing pictures of those dogs around the time she was making In The Meantime, and that's 12 years ago. And they may have been a few years old at that time. I think it's more accurate to say she didn't replace them.

lilyfee 03-02-2016 05:43 PM

Really great interview! Funny how they always seem to focus on Rumours though, as if that's the only album they've ever made, or the only one that counts.:shrug:

Glad to hear Christine is doing well and feeling inspired! Her energy gives me hope for another album and tour!!:nod:

WatchChain 03-02-2016 08:36 PM

I simply LOVE this interview. I was wondering how Chris was holding up on the road at age 72. She seems extremely solid, strong, positive and upbeat! Now, let's get this album made. I would REALLY love to see an album made organically with ALL 5 MEMBERS in the studio at the same time. Stevie, don't just telephone in your parts and show up for a few days at the end of the sessions. The two best Fleetwood Mac albums (Tusk and Rumours) were born with ALL 5 members fully present and 100% invested. I would be interested to see what kind of music could be made in that setting. Bring Dashut and Caillat on the co-produce and I think you'd have an OUTSTANDING record.

The record could be ready for a December release for the holiday buying season. The band could hit the road for a spring/summer 2017 tour.

jbrownsjr 03-02-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1179042)

The record could be ready for a December release for the holiday buying season. The band could hit the road for a spring/summer 2017 tour.

That's exactly what I think is going to happen..

FuzzyPlum 03-03-2016 04:20 PM

Her armchair is absolutely f*****g hideous.
Probably cost a small fortune.

bombaysaffires 03-03-2016 11:26 PM

but her hair is looking fantastic! It was dry as straw when she started the tour. Getting back in the swing and out of the countryside has really amped her look! :thumbsup:

Wdm6789 03-04-2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1179073)
Her armchair is absolutely f*****g hideous.
Probably cost a small fortune.

I like it lol

jbrownsjr 03-05-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1179091)
but her hair is looking fantastic! It was dry as straw when she started the tour. Getting back in the swing and out of the countryside has really amped her look! :thumbsup:

She was looking better and better during the Dance Tour as her hair grew... She's made to be out and about..