The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Mike Campbell talks about FM in New interview (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59099)

SteveMacD 12-06-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1262425)
Right. Why bother doing show actually live when you can prerecord it right? Well if that’s your preference you can watch yesterday’s live show prerecorded today.

If you can explain the practical difference, I’d love to know. Either way, it’s a 100% live show that people pay to stream and is shown at a specific time. Would it have been different in any meaningful way to most people? Would it have changed anyone’s perception of Lindsey as an artist? It certainly would have been better than watching Lindsey brooding or fans being upset because of technical difficulties.

Quote:

Sounds like you are confused about whether you want karaoke or not.
Do you even know what karaoke is?

Quote:

Clearly you always want opposite from what Lindsey is doing!
No, I want him to actually be what he purports to be, you know, like Richard Thompson. Lindsey talks about pushing artistic boundaries and then does a setlist like that. I mean, what better opportunity to debut a new song off his forthcoming album? He has six solo albums, seven Fleetwood Mac albums, and songs from soundtracks, surely there’s a deeper cut than “Stephanie”. (BTW, while I realize he did that on OMS, it’s still weird that Stevie recently released a live version of “Crying In The Night” and he opted to do “Stephanie.”)

elle 12-06-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262428)
If you can explain the practical difference, I’d love to know. Either way, it’s a 100% live show that people pay to stream and is shown at a specific time. Would it have been different in any meaningful way to most people? Would it have changed anyone’s perception of Lindsey as an artist?

do you even know what "live" means?

show is either live or pre-recorded. (and you could get both with Lindsey yesterday.) when it's live it is raw and you get glitches and warts. you get the reaction in the moment. you know, stuff that people usually complain about with LB - that he's a perfectionist and control freak. apparently not anymore - not nearly as much as some others. :nod::cool:

Quote:

I mean, what better opportunity to debut a new song off his forthcoming album? He has six solo albums, seven Fleetwood Mac albums, and songs from soundtracks, surely there’s a deeper cut than “Stephanie”.

haha changing topics i see. you know that i've been complaining about this on social media all day. but that' a different topic that belongs in LB forum where we're been discussing it.

elle 12-06-2020 08:06 PM

** also, why even discuss Lindsey solo stuff in the 2018-19 band forum?

#rhetoricalquestion

UnwindedDreams 12-06-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Do you even know what karaoke is?

(BTW, while I realize he did that on OMS, it’s still weird that Stevie recently released a live version of “Crying In The Night” and he opted to do “Stephanie.”)

The use of "even" highlights the animus!

Weird would be appopriate to use, if it's also weird that Stevie talks about Lindsey in majority of recent interviews.

SteveMacD 12-06-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1262429)
do you even know what "live" means?

show is either live or pre-recorded. (and you could get both with Lindsey yesterday.) when it's live it is raw and you get glitches and warts. you get the reaction in the moment. you know, stuff that people usually complain about with LB - that he's a perfectionist and control freak. apparently not anymore - not nearly as much as some others. :nod::cool:

Again, though, the difference between a show recorded live in the living room and streamed a few hours later and something streamed live in the moment isn’t that big of a difference, one most people wouldn’t notice or care about. It was good for hype, but that’s about it.

Quote:

haha changing topics i see.
You’re the one who went to “So you are saying instead of recording and touring new album LB...” which was completely irrelevant to anything in conversation.

Quote:

you know that i've been complaining about this on social media all day. but that' a different topic that belongs in LB forum where we're been discussing it.
I don’t follow you on social media, however, it’s funny that you defend him not having “recorded a BuckVie tour and Anthology tour, both with tons of rarities and new songs, screen them in theaters and put them on tv, then process to sell online” because that would have been a “regurgitation or stuff already done few years ago“ when he’s done all of these songs on his tours from 2011-18.

elle 12-06-2020 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262434)
I don’t follow you on social media, however, it’s funny that you defend him not having “recorded a BuckVie tour and Anthology tour, both with tons of rarities and new songs, screen them in theaters and put them on tv, then process to sell online” because that would have been a “regurgitation or stuff already done few years ago“ .

i don't defend that -i just drew a parallel to your talking about another FM member recording and releasing their old show from 3 years ago which you brought up and defended as somehow superior thing to an actual live show or new music. :shrug:

sure i would have loved to have proper live recordings of BuckVie and solo anthology shows. they were amazing, with tons of new and previously never performed songs and you know that well. but i would never "defend" that as somehow forward and creative and great thing to do. and they should be actually live, not overdubbed. :)

SteveMacD 12-06-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1262436)
i don't defend that -i just drew a parallel to your talking about another FM member recording and releasing their old show from 3 years ago which you brought up and defended as somehow superior thing to an actual live show or new music. :shrug:

I wasn’t defending anything, just slapping back a little. Stevie has a well planned and executed solo career and Lindsey doesn’t, and this probably best exemplifies that. What better way to show where they’re at in their respective careers? Both did Buckingham Nicks and Fleetwood Mac songs, but were a world apart.

Quote:

and they should be actually live, not overdubbed. :)
I agree, although with all the prerecords, does it especially matter?

michelej1 12-07-2020 02:12 AM

Quote:

If you can explain the practical difference, I’d love to know. Either way, it’s a 100% live show that people pay to stream and is shown at a specific time. Would it have been different in any meaningful way to most people? Would it have changed anyone’s perception of Lindsey as an artist? It certainly would have been better than watching Lindsey brooding or fans being upset because of technical difficulties.

Lindsey wasn’t brooding, unless you count 3 seconds of time mentioning the glitch as brooding.

If you do, If you consider that brooding, I would be very interested as to how you would describe Heathcliff.

jbrownsjr 12-07-2020 09:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTKYvapgMDs

This warms my heart in very Warm Ways. I wish we had BuckVie DVD with extras.

elle 12-07-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262439)
I wasn’t defending anything, just slapping back a little. Stevie has a well planned and executed solo career and Lindsey doesn’t

Oh definitely, Lindsey doesn’t have a business bone in his body. He’s a musician first and foremost. Art and business don’t always or even often go together in the same person. Would someone with a business sense and goals do all the work on other peoples songs or co-produce some of the buggest albums ever and never ask for co- writing or co/ producing credit? Stevie changed a single word in someone else’s song and took full co-writing credit. He lost tons of money and credit by not having his name on co- writes he did or not being credited as co- producer on albums like Rumours.

They have different goals in life - she was clear from early on she wants to be a star. She achieved that and is now a self-centered star who has been carefully grooming her persona. He wanted to be a musician and he’s been very clear that he fully understands how lucky he was to be able to make such great living of doing what he loves.

Definitely very different people with different goals in life, who happen to be in a toxic personal relationship and messed up business relationship over the years.

elle 12-07-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1262462)
Lindsey wasn’t brooding, unless you count 3 seconds of time mentioning the glitch as brooding.

If you do, If you consider that brooding, I would be very interested as to how you would describe Heathcliff.

lol yeah I had to laugh how someone posted that pic of him sitting and waiting with a caption that he must be so pi**ed and now everyone is going - oh look how pi**ed he was! ��

Frankly, I was happy to see that pic since we then all knew that theiy are aware on his end that the stream got interrupted so they will fix it and continue on.

elle 12-07-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1262469)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTKYvapgMDs

This warms my heart in very Warm Ways. I wish we had BuckVie DVD with extras.

Yup, would have been great! It was such a warm fun rocking tour!

jbrownsjr 12-07-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1262474)
Yup, would have been great! It was such a warm fun rocking tour!

She sounds amazing on this one.

FuzzyPlum 12-07-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

No, I want him to actually be what he purports to be, you know, like Richard Thompson. Lindsey talks about pushing artistic boundaries and then does a setlist like that. I mean, what better opportunity to debut a new song off his forthcoming album? He has six solo albums, seven Fleetwood Mac albums, and songs from soundtracks, surely there’s a deeper cut than “Stephanie”. (BTW, while I realize he did that on OMS, it’s still weird that Stevie recently released a live version of “Crying In The Night” and he opted to do “Stephanie.”)

Dude, your adoration for Richard Thompson is getting a bit boring now...and kind of odd too. You sure you're on the right board?

...Richard Thompson blah blah blah...

FuzzyPlum 12-07-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1262418)
$15, LOL.:lol:

????
Wow, are you taking the p!ss at the fact he's charged $15?
The guy has done a live show for his fans and charged a tokenistic $15 sum.
I hardly think he's doing this show to make money.
Rather than laugh out loud, it should be well done, good on him!

SteveMacD 12-07-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1262481)
Dude, your adoration for Richard Thompson is getting a bit boring now...and kind of odd too. You sure you're on the right board?

...Richard Thompson blah blah blah...

At least he lives by the mantra he purports.

Oddly enough, I kept seeing him mentioned in the same breath as Lindsey in guitar rags, which is how I hooked on him. Once I saw what he was actually doing, Lindsey’s rhetoric about art and expanding boundaries seemed like a bunch of hot air.

bombaysaffires 12-07-2020 05:28 PM

Apples and oranges.

Stevie, who presents herself as a pre-eminent songwriter, produces a film of a series of shows on a tour in which she sings material that averages somewhere around 30 years old (with songs written within a range of the last 50-15 years). Sure, the packaging is new -- a new film that is distributed over a variety of platforms -- and *maybe* some of the chatter accompanying each song in the film is new (and maybe not so much) with the result that she is heralded as doing something new and innovative. In reality, while the merching may be new, the content is not. It is a re-packaging of the same old. However, her goal is and always has been unabashedly to make money. She likely is succeeding (I haven't seen sales figures or revenue figures for her film but figure plenty of fans are buying). An additional goal is to be seen as still relevant, and that includes releasing a new product to sell (and singing backup with younger artists) As per above, she indeed has a new product (film) but on closer inspection the content isn't new at all.

Lindsey is recovered from a near-fatal medical event, one that put him in the ICU and treatment of which damaged his vocal cords, potentially permanently. Having come out the other side of that, his goal is to let the world know by letting them see him performing live and unedited that he has fully recovered not just medically but also functionally, i.e. that he can still sing and play and perform for an audience as well as ever. He, like Stevie, would like to make money. He, like Stevie, has new product to put out. Unlike Stevie, his new product will be made of new content because, rather than *tell* people how prolific he is and making them take his word for it, he actually creates new content (in the form of a forthcoming new album). While he achieved his goal of showing the world that he is back and in fine form, his noted lack of acute business sense led him to not include any of that new content *now*, in his live stream. This was a real mistake and a reflection of his continuing lack of appreciation of how the market works. We know the album is done, why make us take your word for it, why not actually play something from it? :eek:

Comparing her large, year-plus-in-the-making, highly-produced and overdubbed glossy film to his at-home, direct-interaction-with-fans, off-the-cuff livestream is apples and oranges. Her primary goal was making bucks and reminding everyone how legendary a songwriter she *was*, his primary goal was to show the world he's alive and well and better than ever, and to whet fans' appetite for new material that will show what a great songwriter he *still is*. Which he should have done by playing one of those new songs NOW rather than making us take his word for it a la Stevie. This kind of misstep is where we see his lack of a "big machine" PR team behind him. Critique his PR savvy, sure, but don't conflate his goals with hers.

mitzo 12-07-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1262507)
Apples and oranges.

Stevie, who presents herself as a pre-eminent songwriter, produces a film of a series of shows on a tour in which she sings material that averages somewhere around 30 years old (with songs written within a range of the last 50-15 years). Sure, the packaging is new -- a new film that is distributed over a variety of platforms -- and *maybe* some of the chatter accompanying each song in the film is new (and maybe not so much) with the result that she is heralded as doing something new and innovative. In reality, while the merching may be new, the content is not. It is a re-packaging of the same old. However, her goal is and always has been unabashedly to make money. She likely is succeeding (I haven't seen sales figures or revenue figures for her film but figure plenty of fans are buying). An additional goal is to be seen as still relevant, and that includes releasing a new product to sell (and singing backup with younger artists) As per above, she indeed has a new product (film) but on closer inspection the content isn't new at all.

Lindsey is recovered from a near-fatal medical event, one that put him in the ICU and treatment of which damaged his vocal cords, potentially permanently. Having come out the other side of that, his goal is to let the world know by letting them see him performing live and unedited that he has fully recovered not just medically but also functionally, i.e. that he can still sing and play and perform for an audience as well as ever. He, like Stevie, would like to make money. He, like Stevie, has new product to put out. Unlike Stevie, his new product will be made of new content because, rather than *tell* people how prolific he is and making them take his word for it, he actually creates new content (in the form of a forthcoming new album). While he achieved his goal of showing the world that he is back and in fine form, his noted lack of acute business sense led him to not include any of that new content *now*, in his live stream. This was a real mistake and a reflection of his continuing lack of appreciation of how the market works. We know the album is done, why make us take your word for it, why not actually play something from it? :eek:

Comparing her large, year-plus-in-the-making, highly-produced and overdubbed glossy film to his at-home, direct-interaction-with-fans, off-the-cuff livestream is apples and oranges. Her primary goal was making bucks and reminding everyone how legendary a songwriter she *was*, his primary goal was to show the world he's alive and well and better than ever, and to whet fans' appetite for new material that will show what a great songwriter he *still is*. Which he should have done by playing one of those new songs NOW rather than making us take his word for it a la Stevie. This kind of misstep is where we see his lack of a "big machine" PR team behind him. Critique his PR savvy, sure, but don't conflate his goals with hers.

Doesn't his wife act as his business guide? She was sure in a foul-mouthed funk when he got fired and she lost the crack at some millions.

elle 12-07-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1262511)
Doesn't his wife act as his business guide? She was sure in a foul-mouthed funk when he got fired and she lost the crack at some millions.

wow. and there's that sad negativity again. assuming the worst about people. implying that his wife doesn't love him, and that she must be just a gold-digger with him for his money. this sadly seems to be news to you but when your loved one is in pain you stand by them and defend them just as she and their kids did.

how misogynistic of you.

SteveMacD 12-07-2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1262516)
wow. and there's that sad negativity again. assuming the worst about people.

https://conceptnetblog.files.wordpre...ng?w=300&h=216

mitzo 12-07-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1262516)
wow. and there's that sad negativity again. assuming the worst about people. implying that his wife doesn't love him, and that she must be just a gold-digger with him for his money. this sadly seems to be news to you but when your loved one is in pain you stand by them and defend them just as she and their kids did.

how misogynistic of you.

Yeah those kids just have been proud to see their Mom calling Mick a motherfu#@er on Instagram.

bombaysaffires 12-07-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262518)

awww... so you're saying you're not an adult with your own mind to decide how you want to behave? You're just a sheep who follows blindly what others do? Got it.

If you're smart enough to see that the behavior is wrong when others do it, you are smart enough not to emulate it.

Don't preach unless you're willing to be the change you want to see.

:laugh:

SteveMacD 12-07-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1262521)
awww... so you're saying you're not an adult with your own mind to decide how you want to behave? You're just a sheep who follows blindly what others do? Got it.

If you're smart enough to see that the behavior is wrong when others do it, you are smart enough not to emulate it.

Don't preach unless you're willing to be the change you want to see.

Aww…So you’re saying you can dish it out, but can’t take it?

ETA: Don’t expect other posters to stop posting comments because you don't like them.

bombaysaffires 12-07-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262522)
Aww…So you’re saying you can dish it out, but can’t take it?

Nope. I can keep dishing it and I can keep taking it.

You're the one blaming your own behavior on the 'bad example' set by others.

Simply asking if you recognize it's bad behavior, why you choose to copy it? And if you knock others for doing it, you are also knocking yourself for doing the same thing.

Most people just jerk off in private.

ETA: I didn't ask anyone to stop posting. I asked them to stop b*tching about content they don't agree with.

elle 12-07-2020 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1262520)
Yeah those kids just have been proud to see their Mom calling Mick a motherfu#@er on Instagram.

Their youngest is almost 17. Are you ever around teenagers? And, somehow I doubt they were all very prudish when discussing what band did to Lindsey at their home.

Or you think Micks kids of similar age as Lindsey’s youngest are hugely bothered by him going around proudly prancing on social media wearing a beanie saying the same wording on it?

Really don’t get why such hate and misogyny towards KB from SN fans who are not even shippers.

SteveMacD 12-07-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1262531)
Their youngest is almost 17. Are you ever around teenagers? And, somehow I doubt they were all very prudish when discussing what band did to Lindsey at their home.

I dunno. What song did she sing with Lindsey on guitar?

michelej1 12-08-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1262511)

His fans weren’t happy when the band he shaped for 40 years fired him either and, as far as I know none of his fans are sharing any of his millions. Many music journalists have also decried what happened. Surely they can’t all be sleeping with Lindsey.

Being in a foul-mouthed funk over his treatment, reflects a sense of ethics, justice, propriety, conscience, and morality more than greed.

michelej1 12-08-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1262531)

Or you think Micks kids of similar age as Lindsey’s youngest are hugely bothered by him going around proudly prancing on social media wearing a beanie saying the same wording on it?

Really don’t get why such hate and misogyny towards KB from SN fans who are not even shippers.

I bet they WERE proud. I was proud of her. I fell in love with her for the first time in 20 years. I thought, “that gal loves more than pears.”

HomerMcvie 12-08-2020 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1262538)
His fans weren’t happy when the band he shaped for 40 years fired him either and, as far as I know none of his fans are sharing any of his millions. Many music journalists have also decried what happened. Surely they can’t all be sleeping with Lindsey.

Being in a foul-mouthed funk over his treatment, reflects a sense of ethics, justice, propriety, conscience, and morality more than greed.

Well, we know two people that were happy.

Oops, I forgot about Karen. Make that three.

Feather Blade 12-08-2020 08:38 AM

Getting back to the thread topic... I'd love to see what Mike, Christine, Stevie and Neil could put together. I wouldn't expect a full album at this stage of the game, but an EP seems entirely doable.

jbrownsjr 12-08-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1262538)

Beautifully stated. Words like ethics, justice and morality really hit home with me. You've renewed my sense of how dishonorable Stevie Nicks is as a person to engineer something completely self serving like this. It did not benefit the band, nor the musicians in it. Anger gives way to revulsion.

Macfan4life 12-08-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262234)
Does it really matter? It’s semantics, which this board painfully pisses over. Lindsey was out of the band. Mike would have joined regardless. He surely knew by Hawaii. He could have backed out and the band could have gotten Rick Vito or maybe gone for someone like Jeff Beck. Who gives a crap?

I could see it being Mick’s idea, I could see it being Irving’s idea, and I could see it being Stevie’s idea. Again, who cares? After the decision to was made to fire Lindsey, Mike Campbell was the obvious choice. Lindsey was fired and Stevie was obviously distraught over Tom’s death, so who to get to be the new guitarist? C’mon, it’s not rocket science. Total no-brainer. He has a significant history with the band’s biggest star, was a member of one of the most beloved bands ever, and was unexpectedly available.

Why is that hard to believe? Sure, they knew a lot of the same people, but their professional paths never crossed, unless you count “Freedom,” which is kind of a stretch. As for not remembering the exact number of times, face it, it’s not like sobriety was ever a priority with those guys and they meet lots of people whenever they’re out in the world. Part of the territory of being a rock star. Again, pissing over semantics. He got the point across that he didn’t personally know Mick.

You quoted me yet completely changed what I said in your response.

I did NOT say it was HARD to believe Mick never met or barely Met Mike. I said it was revealing since they were not close or barely knew each other that Mick would ask him to join Fleetwood Mac.

The answer to your first question: YES it does matter. Why do you want to justify Mick's lie. Why are you rationalizing Stevie's behavior?
That was the entire reason for me posting about Mike's interview. He shares details that prove the ridiculousness of Mick. You brush it over "does it really matter."
YES it does. Why cant he just say the truth? Stevie controls the band of who is fired and who is hired.
Yet you quoted several lines of my posting rationalizing everything Mick said or did based on his lies.

michelej1 12-09-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262532)
I dunno. What song did she sing with Lindsey on guitar?

That was not his youngest who sang. Also, the singer’s school choir was the performer. She was one of a group of kids who sang it. There is no reason to think she had any involvement in choosing the song. And she and her mother have both been supportive of Lindsey throughout this.

When she helped make his Cranberry juice video, she commented, “He’s back bitches” and in my imagination the statement was directed at specific people, not only the world at large.

SteveMacD 12-09-2020 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1262551)
You quoted me yet completely changed what I said in your response.

I just quoted the points I had an issue with.

Quote:

I did NOT say it was HARD to believe Mick never met or barely Met Mike. I said it was revealing since they were not close or barely knew each other that Mick would ask him to join Fleetwood Mac.
I don’t think that’s weird or revealing at all. In fact, thinking it’s weird or revealing ignores their history. If Mick wanted to put Buckingham Nicks in the band after hearing the guitar solo to “Frozen Love,” how is it weird or revealing that he’d want a legendary Hall of Fame guitarist who had a long history with Stevie, having been involved in some fashion on all her solo albums, and who even co-wrote a Fleetwood Mac song?!? Fleetwood Mac needed a world class guitarist, Tom Petty had just died...Pretty obvious.

Quote:

The answer to your first question: YES it does matter. Why do you want to justify Mick's lie. Why are you rationalizing Stevie's behavior?
Justifying lies? Rationalizing behavior? At worst, Mick was being political. It’s just a band, Mick’s band at that, and it was easy to see this coming a mile away. If they didn’t want to work with him, so be it. Lindsey’s hardly the first guy to get sacked from a rock band. J. Geils got fired from the J. Geils Band.

I thought Lindsey was in trouble in June, 2017, with his Classic comments, so I guess I wasn’t especially shocked. I also saw trouble brewing when Mick and Stevie met in Italy and listened to what was obvious to me an intention to revisit earlier material, while Lindsey was talking up a new solo album.

The one fact both sides agree on is that the tour negotiations were brutal. Maybe they decided to fire him during the negotiations, maybe there was still lingering bitterness during MusiCares and something set it off, but it was obviously a miserable time for them (see the photo shoot). However, and this is the key point, I don’t think any of them went into negotiations with the intention of firing Lindsey. I don’t think there was a grand conspiracy. I think they simply got sick of dealing with it.

And, I don’t especially feel sorry for Lindsey. I get that it was awful for him, but in the grand scheme of life, he’s still a rock legend worth tens of millions, still able to make and play music for a solid fanbase, and has a happy family life. What exactly did he lose?

Quote:

That was the entire reason for me posting about Mike's interview. He shares details that prove the ridiculousness of Mick. You brush it over "does it really matter."
The gist of the call was to convey to Mike that Lindsey was out of the band and that the job was his for the taking. Regardless of how it was phrased, Lindsey would still have been out of the band and Mike would still have taken the gig. Mike also says he’s still on board for whatever whenever (if ever) they get back together. Mike knows Stevie and Lindsey. I’m sure he wasn’t surprised at the breakdown (no pun intended).

HomerMcvie 12-09-2020 01:08 AM

Mick's band? Yeah right! The boss is the one who says $he's not the boss. Mick is a pathetic LOSER.

Ask Irving -on a polygraph- who is the boss.

johnnystorms 12-09-2020 05:18 AM

photoshoot?

Where can i find the MC photoshoot?
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262583)

I don’t think that’s weird or revealing at all. In fact, thinking it’s weird or revealing ignores their history. If Mick wanted to put Buckingham Nicks in the band after hearing the guitar solo to “Frozen Love,” how is it weird or revealing that he’d want a legendary Hall of Fame guitarist who had a long history with Stevie, having been involved in some fashion on all her solo albums, and who even co-wrote a Fleetwood Mac song?!? Fleetwood Mac needed a world class guitarist, Tom Petty had just died...Pretty obvious.

Justifying lies? Rationalizing behavior? At worst, Mick was being political. It’s just a band, Mick’s band at that, and it was easy to see this coming a mile away. If they didn’t want to work with him, so be it. Lindsey’s hardly the first guy to get sacked from a rock band. J. Geils got fired from the J. Geils Band.

I thought Lindsey was in trouble in June, 2017, with his Classic comments, so I guess I wasn’t especially shocked. I also saw trouble brewing when Mick and Stevie met in Italy and listened to what was obvious to me an intention to revisit earlier material, while Lindsey was talking up a new solo album.

The one fact both sides agree on is that the tour negotiations were brutal. Maybe they decided to fire him during the negotiations, maybe there was still lingering bitterness during MusiCares and something set it off, but it was obviously a miserable time for them (see the photo shoot). However, and this is the key point, I don’t think any of them went into negotiations with the intention of firing Lindsey. I don’t think there was a grand conspiracy. I think they simply got sick of dealing with it.

And, I don’t especially feel sorry for Lindsey. I get that it was awful for him, but in the grand scheme of life, he’s still a rock legend worth tens of millions, still able to make and play music for a solid fanbase, and has a happy family life. What exactly did he lose?

The gist of the call was to convey to Mike that Lindsey was out of the band and that the job was his for the taking. Regardless of how it was phrased, Lindsey would still have been out of the band and Mike would still have taken the gig. Mike also says he’s still on board for whatever whenever (if ever) they get back together. Mike knows Stevie and Lindsey. I’m sure he wasn’t surprised at the breakdown (no pun intended).

UnwindedDreams 12-09-2020 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262532)
What song did she sing with Lindsey on guitar?

Stevie's 2015 Dedication to Lindsey:
"Without Lindsey, this song could never have been played because I could only play it once. He took it and made it into the song that it is today."

He'd be justified to play it in his solo set.

Macfan4life 12-09-2020 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262583)

LOL Its like trying to nail jello to a wall.
You quoted me yet completely changed what I said and took counter point. You are free to express opinions like we all do. But usually when you quote someone, you don't change what they say and base your counterpoint off what you changed about the original post.

Again, your are missing my point. YES it is revealing and funny to hire a guitarist you don't know and may have met once or twice. Are you seriously saying Stevie had nothing to do with it? She never told Mick to call Mike? She put on a Petty tribute during the Mac show as a coincidence? It was all planned by Stevie. Mick made her happy so she would stay with the band and he could make millions. Its not politics as you say. It childish diva tantrums which in turn some turned a blind eye just to get paid big bucks. Yes of course people get fired from bands all the time. But only maybe Van Halen was there a more silly termination inside a legacy band. Their touring contract was signed years in advance yet can give no clear reason other than one member wanted him out. He danced behind Stevie? OMG :eek:
I am a bit worried you cant see this and make rationalizations. I don't think we really needed Mike's interview to prove this but I will say it again.......it was REVEALING.

Revealing: An adjective.
definition: making interesting or significant information known, especially about a person's attitude or character.

BigAl84 12-09-2020 11:36 AM

PLOT TWIST - according to the VIP question and answer session before Lindsey's live stream - Mick has already discussed working with him in the future.

elle 12-09-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1262599)
PLOT TWIST - according to the VIP question and answer session before Lindsey's live stream - Mick has already discussed working with him in the future.

Lol but but .... that cannot be. The whole band was clear they don’t like to work with him anymore! It wasn’t just his ex’s tantrum backed by big money producers forcing spineless band hand! Micks in charge of the band! Spiteful ex had nothing to do with it! �� ��

Seriously though, while I’m happy for Linds that he’s talking to his old band mates despite of what they did to him and how thick Muck was laying in bs against linds during backstabber tour promotion ........ I would absolutely HATE seeing Lindsey being sucked back into FM time wasting toxicity.