The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine on Radio 2 UK (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59143)

SteveMacD 02-09-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1264217)
That was an absolute pinnacle moment in my Fleetwood Mac fandom. Finally getting to see the five of them together! The crowd went INSANE when she started singing and it was beautiful. On top of it, four songs from Tango in the Night!

I saw the Chicago show in 2014 and that was the most electric I’ve ever seen a crowd. I was literally last row dead center at top row! Couldn’t be further away if I tried.

I saw The Dance tour, and it wasn’t close. That felt more like a Broadway play than a rock show.

mountainwiccan 02-10-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1263578)
Johnnie Walker at the end of his UK radio show on Sunday, said Christine Mcvie would be joining him on Sunday 7th February..for a chat.
Johnnie Walker’s show, even in this weird time, is a live show.

I’ve just looked at Radio 2 website and it does advertise that Christine would be joining Johnnie for a “very rare and exclusive interview”..

So, I’m presuming it’s just that, and not some old rehashed interview.
Johnnie Walker sound of the Seventies is on Radio 2 at 3pm..on Sunday.

It’s a pretty good show in any case....as the name implies, he plays all 70s music.

Just listened to the interview which starts at about point 1hr.13.

jbrownsjr 02-10-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1264217)
That was an absolute pinnacle moment in my Fleetwood Mac fandom. Finally getting to see the five of them together! The crowd went INSANE when she started singing and it was beautiful. On top of it, four songs from Tango in the Night!

I went to the Forum in Los Angeles. (many times :laugh:) And the crowds were insane. Christine's face when everyone roared was priceless. I nearly had tears in my eyes. The atmosphere was so intense! I give HUGE kudos for Christine coming back and putting in all that work at her age. She did three tours and an album in four years. That's amazing. And this after we thought she was NEVER coming back.

FMac did one album and 3 tours in 15 years.

jmn3 02-10-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1264252)
I went to the Forum in Los Angeles. (many times :laugh:) And the crowds were insane. Christine's face when everyone roared was priceless. I nearly had tears in my eyes. The atmosphere was so intense! I give HUGE kudos for Christine coming back and putting in all that work at her age. She did three tours and an album in four years. That's amazing. And this after we thought she was NEVER coming back.

Christine coming back was honestly the most surprising thing with this band since I've been a fan. At her age and after that long being away, it was a total shock. I was too pumped throughout to be too emotional other than pure joy, but when she came out to play Songbird, there I was as a 33 year old sitting there feeling like I was about to cry. I was 16 and didn't go to The Dance show and I had convinced myself I'd never see her play live. It's most likely I'll never see Fleetwood Mac again and I'm glad that show was how I send them off. It wasn't perfect, their voices weren't in top form (or even '97 form), but it was a hell of a show. The previous shows I had seen with just Stevie and Lindsey were good, don't get me wrong. Loud, rocking, fun shows. But the five of them was something magical.

elle 02-10-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1264252)
IChristine coming back and putting in all that work at her age. She did three tours and an album in four years. That's amazing. And this after we thought she was NEVER coming back.

great comparison and definitely impressive!

just too bad that when you pull down the curtain, that last tour she agreed to sours it.

BigAl84 02-11-2021 12:08 AM

They were so darn close to wrapping it up on relatively good terms. Lindsey is no saint, but I will never look at Stevie the same way again. She drove a giant wedge into the band. She did exactly what she always said she never wanted to do. The yoko of Fleetwood Mac.

jbrownsjr 02-11-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1264303)
great comparison and definitely impressive!

just too bad that when you pull down the curtain, that last tour she agreed to sours it.

I know that you don't listen to In The Meantime. But Michele always points out a lyric from her solo album after leaving FMAC.

Trapped
In the middle
Of a lousy love affair
(Hurt)Just a little
Johnny says come around if you dare