The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Introduce Yourself Here! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47148)

redbird 02-17-2013 10:42 PM

I didn't see this thread until just now. I recently joined and thought I'd "officially" say hi. I'm from Austin, Texas, although I just moved here so I don't really feel like a Texan yet. I went from a casual listener to a Mac fan in my mid-teens, but I'm still short of 30 so I really wasn't around for their glory years. I'm hoping to see them in Houston and catch the Sound City doc at SXSW, fingers crossed.

I've visited the Ledge before, most often to stare at photos of Lindsey Buckingham.

lettucesoap 02-19-2013 11:57 AM

I too just noticed this and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Leah, 26 from just somewhere outside London. I've been lurking for a little while but thought I'd be brave and say hello.

Like a lot of people, I grew up on Rumours and can't remember a time I've not known those songs. I've always loved that album cover, and would always select it if I was asked if we wanted music on at home (the rest of the time I used to amuse myself by making roads with my parent's vinyl collection lol) ;)

I have recently discovered the fact there are loads of other brilliant albums and songs so that's been a revelation (though I knew Rhiannon and Over My Head a bit and some stuff from pre- Stevie and Lindsey that my dad used to play). I guess I would say I've become a pretty big Stevie fan, and wondering where the hell she has actually BEEN all my life. I always knew her simply as a (wonderful) voice and from the photos on the back of Rumours and had never really seen her outside from that. I literally spent 5 days slowly working through her tag on tumblr and realised how awesome she was. Anyway. I'm very excited to see FM in September in Birmingham and wish it wasn't still February!!!

louielouie2000 02-19-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbird (Post 1078263)
I didn't see this thread until just now. I recently joined and thought I'd "officially" say hi. I'm from Austin, Texas, although I just moved here so I don't really feel like a Texan yet. I went from a casual listener to a Mac fan in my mid-teens, but I'm still short of 30 so I really wasn't around for their glory years. I'm hoping to see them in Houston and catch the Sound City doc at SXSW, fingers crossed.

I've visited the Ledge before, most often to stare at photos of Lindsey Buckingham.

Welcome aboard, my fellow Austinite! :thumbsup: Do you have a wristband to see Sound City at SXSW, or have you found a ticket another way? I nabbed a ticket for Stevie's documentary at SXSW directly from the Paramount's website, but the Drafthouse doesn't have Sound City listed on their website. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettucesoap (Post 1078604)
I too just noticed this and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Leah, 26 from just somewhere outside London. I've been lurking for a little while but thought I'd be brave and say hello.

Like a lot of people, I grew up on Rumours and can't remember a time I've not known those songs. I've always loved that album cover, and would always select it if I was asked if we wanted music on at home (the rest of the time I used to amuse myself by making roads with my parent's vinyl collection lol) ;)

I have recently discovered the fact there are loads of other brilliant albums and songs so that's been a revelation (though I knew Rhiannon and Over My Head a bit and some stuff from pre- Stevie and Lindsey that my dad used to play). I guess I would say I've become a pretty big Stevie fan, and wondering where the hell she has actually BEEN all my life. I always knew her simply as a (wonderful) voice and from the photos on the back of Rumours and had never really seen her outside from that. I literally spent 5 days slowly working through her tag on tumblr and realised how awesome she was. Anyway. I'm very excited to see FM in September in Birmingham and wish it wasn't still February!!!

Welcome to the Ledge! Make yourself a home! :D

mylittledemon 02-19-2013 01:40 PM

^Welcome redbird & lettucesoap! :D

redbird 02-19-2013 09:20 PM

Thanks :) I do not have a wristband, to be honest I'm not expecting to get to go but my little sister loves Dave Grohl and I love Stevie Nicks and this would just be such a cool thing to do together that I don't altogether want to give up hope yet. I decided months ago that I probably wouldn't go and at the last minute am having second thoughts.

lettucesoap, welcome from me too. It's interesting how people our age can say we grew up with Rumours too, in my case it was because 90% of it was on the radio.

bluecalmsea 02-19-2013 09:46 PM

I have been posting away without a proper intro!

I'm 27, girl, currently on the east coast, U.S.

I have loved Fleetwood Mac since I was 11. The Dance was playing on MTV while I was passing by to go to the kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks and heard Silver Springs. I have been hooked ever since! I am finally going to see them in concert for the first time in June. :cool:

Thanks for having me here- such wonderful discussions and people! I have been looking at the various forums, sorting posts by number of replies- it's a gold mine of info and lots of comedy (tempting to reply to years-old threads). :)

David 02-19-2013 11:16 PM

Hello

Hi, I'm David. I'm a Southern California resident, an editor in his 40s, and a Penguinite since just after the Street Angel tour, when I decided to reconnect to other Mac fans. I was a big fan from Rumours through Tango in the Night, and then sorta dropped out when I didn't like the direction things were going.

I've been kicked off the board about twelve times over the years, but have always wormed my way back into the fold by promising to behave. What I love about the Ledge the most is talking to all the new fans, old fans, in-between fans, inspired fans, disappointed fans, sane fans, insane fans, calm fans, and bellicose fans. All this conversation has been a whole heck of a lot of fun for me. I'm also getting nostalgic in my old age, and hope one day to hear from the people who are long gone from here. I also miss those who have passed away.

My favorite songs:
  • Before the Beginning
  • Man of the World
  • Sands of Time
  • Dragonfly
  • The Derelict
  • Did You Ever Love Me
  • Keep On Going
  • Heroes Are Hard to Find
  • Angel (1974)
  • Crystal
  • Sugar Daddy
  • You Make Loving Fun
  • Go Your Own Way
  • That's All for Everyone
  • Honey Hi
  • Never Forget
  • One More Night
  • Hold Me
  • All Over Again
  • Temporary One
  • Red Rover
  • Destiny Rules

In every way, the family here outweirds the Fleetwood Mac family—we just never realized it before. We make them look like colorless drabs.

chiliD 02-19-2013 11:30 PM

David, you need no introduction...you've been here "before the beginning" (like me). You just take a sabbatical every now & then when things get too irritatingly "chiffon-esque" for you.

vivfox 02-20-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecalmsea (Post 1078761)
The Dance was playing on MTV while I was passing by to go to the kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks and heard Silver Springs.

Thanks for having me here- such wonderful discussions and people! I have been looking at the various forums, a gold mine of info and lots of comedy (tempting to reply to years-old threads). :)

We have another non posting member(Dani) who discovered FM through Silver Springs from The Dance also.

It is totally ok to revive old threads with new comments. We do have a sense of humor(well, most of us) so go ahead and show us yours.

vivfox 02-20-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 1078640)
^Welcome redbird & lettucesoap! :D

I welcome them also and Brandon, love your newest sig pic.

lettucesoap 02-25-2013 02:42 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, and hi to the other new and new-ish people! :)

TheWILDheart 03-01-2013 07:45 AM

I'm not new, but I haven't been around in a while, so I thought I'd say hi to those I haven't spoken too yet. :thumbsup:

I'm Chris, I'm 23 from a teeny tiny village in the north of England, not far from Leeds. I work in HR, and I live with my cat, Gypsy :).

Been a Mac fan for...well...forever...although I'm primarily a Stevie solo fan and always have been (my Dad being into his guitar solos and rock songs found this utterly ridiculous!). I remember being a toddler and having Mac and Stevie cassettes that I used to play on my Fisher Price "My First Cassette Player", complete with mini-microphone.

I am a COMPLETE, self-confessed Chiffon Head, by the way....:nod:

vivfox 03-02-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart (Post 1080159)
I remember being a toddler and having Mac and Stevie cassettes that I used to play on my Fisher Price "My First Cassette Player", complete with mini-microphone.

Cool story.

gypsy-sara 03-03-2013 06:11 AM

Hello,

my name is Christian, I'm 33 years old and I'm from Heidelberg in Germany.

I became a devoted Fleetwood Mac fan in 2007. I have seen them live during the first one of their gigs in Wembley Stadium in 2009, and I am going to see them this autumn in both Paris and Stuttgart.

I love this band from the bottom of my heart. In fact, they're the only band (together with Stevie's solo work) that I can listen to every single day, on and on, again and again. I never grow tired of them. Though I have discovered them quite late, I consider them as the music of my heart and the soundtrack of my life.

My favourite songs are "Sara" and "Gypsy", my favourite albums are "Rumours" and "Tango In The Night".

I would love Fleetwood Mac to perform not only their obvious hits, but also some surprises this year. "Isn't It Midnight" would be my biggest wish...

I would also love Christine back with the band, maybe she has overcome her fear of flying...

*Stevie, you're the poet in my heart... never change... never stop...*

ejb1969 03-06-2013 09:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm Emily from Ohio. I've loved the band for a long time, but have never seen them in concert. That's changing though; I'll be at the show in Columbus in April.

I found my way to The Ledge after I read Ken's book about the making of Rumours, which I loved. It is great listening to it in analog, I'm tellin ya!

moon 03-07-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejb1969 (Post 1081047)
Hi Everyone,

I'm Emily from Ohio. I've loved the band for a long time, but have never seen them in concert. That's changing though; I'll be at the show in Columbus in April.

I found my way to The Ledge after I read Ken's book about the making of Rumours, which I loved. It is great listening to it in analog, I'm tellin ya!

Hi Emily, and welcome!! Congrats and all the best for the show in Columbus!
Regards,
Mark.

mylittledemon 03-07-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1078804)
I welcome them also and Brandon, love your newest sig pic.

haha I'm always changin' it cuz I know you love the variety!

And WELCOME to Christian/gypsy-sara and Emily/ejb1969!

Angie1980 03-16-2013 12:55 PM

Hi!

I´m Angelica from Sweden. I guess I have always listened and known about FM but a few weeks ago I found out that they were coming to Sweden in October so I started to really listen to their music and got hooked. I especially love Stevie. Have listened to as much of the music as I have been able too, watched clips on youtube and read articles....

Have never seen them in concert but went online the minute they released the tickets fpr the concert in Stockholm in October......got tickets on the 5th row and it will be the second last concert of the tour so I am SOOOOO happy!!!

So...hi everybody!!!

vivfox 03-16-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angie1980 (Post 1082389)
Hi! I´m Angelica from Sweden.

Welcome Angelica! I loved your introduction to FM story. You'll love this site and the knowledge to be learned from all our members is very exciting. What is your fave song by each band member so far?

Angie1980 03-16-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1082399)
Welcome Angelica! I loved your introduction to FM story. You'll love this site and the knowledge to be learned from all our members is very exciting. What is your fave song by each band member so far?

vivfox it feels like I am being asked the one million dollar question :)

I guess you could say that my crush on FM started for real about four weeks ago and since then the love affair with different songs have come and gone....

Day one I started out putting Silver springs on repeat for an entire day at work. I listened to it a great deal about ten years back but without even thinking about it a while lot back then. Now I love it mostly because of the memories it brings back from that time in my life.

I then moved on to creating a list on spotify with the entire Rumors album and day two I had Everywhere on repeat. I like the lyrics and I like the "flow" of the song. It has become my "let's have a great day at work" song that I listen to on my way to work.

Then I had...not a love affair but a crush on Go your own way and Hold me.

After that I found out about In your dreams....and I head over heals feel in love with Stevie. I stumbled upon the Cheaper than free video and had that on repeat for a day or two and mostly I fell in love with the video because of how beautiful and relaxed Stevie looks in it.

By now I found Seven wonders and even though it is a "teenage" kind of song (I think) Not the most brilliant lyrics but I love that it is "fun" and it is my "getting into a good mood" song.

Two weeks into my love affair with FM my six year old son joined me :) I was playing Say you will quite a lot during a couple of days and suddenly I hear that he has learned the lyrics of the chorus due to me playing it on the way to school. And you have to remember that he doesn't know english...since we are Swedish :)

My most recent love affairs that don't seem to want to let me go is Stevie's doing "Insider" with Tom Petty. Not the recording but the version from when she went on tour with Tom. LOVE IT!!! Almost made me cry the first times. The other one is Leather and lace....don't really know why but i think it's cute.

Became a LONG posting but to answer the question:)

Christine: Everywhere just because it was my first interaction with FM. I also really like "Songbird"

Lindsey: To be honest....I am not a big fan of Lindsey even though he has beautiful blue eyes. And even though it is boring I have to say GYOW so far......

And then we have Stevie.....There are several I love for all different reasons...GAAAH it is so hard to choose....Right now, this very moment I am going with.....Moonlight.

vivfox 03-16-2013 06:50 PM

Angelica, that was such a beautiful post. You could have made it longer if you wanted to. We Ledgies love reading the mini novels we sometimes post. When you love a band and their songs that much, there is a lot to express. For a person who doesn't have english as a first language, I am amazed at how good your writing skills are.
You will discover many members who will share your taste in songs and you will read about people who love certain songs that other members deplore. We are a fun group of people from all walks of life and we come from places all around the world. I love the fact that we have a member from Peru, another from New Zealand, one from France, another from Italy, one from Holland, many, many from England and a gazillion of us from the United States of America and many more fabulous places I did not name and now we have you from Sweden. WELCOME!!!

Angie1980 03-17-2013 03:36 AM

Thank you for making me feel so welcomed :)

My good English comes from spending a year in Denver, CO as a nanny, one semester at College in Minnesota and then I was briefly...very briefly....like Hollywood style briefly married to an American guy :)

vivfox 03-17-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angie1980 (Post 1082457)
My good English comes from spending a year in Denver, CO as a nanny, one semester at College in Minnesota and then I was briefly...very briefly....like Hollywood style briefly married to an American guy

Sounds a little bit like Stevie's biography.

Angie1980 03-18-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1082558)
Sounds a little bit like Stevie's biography.

Right after I posted it I actually thought about the fact that both Stevie and I did the whole "married for the wrong reasons and divorced very quickly" thing but I think that is as much rock n' roll that I will ever get :lol:

So vivfox how long have you been a fan and why? :)

vivfox 03-19-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angie1980 (Post 1082645)
So vivfox how long have you been a fan and why?

I came on board during the Rumours fan craze in the Summer of 1978. After hearing GYOW, Dreams and Don't Stop on the radio from late 1976-1978 I said to myself,'if their next single is as great as these songs then I will buy the album.' YMLF was released as the next single and I couldn't get to the record store fast enough! That day is when I heard The Chain and GDW for the first time and I knew this was going to be my favorite band. And I loved all three singers' voices.

SadAngel86 04-07-2013 10:13 PM

Hello!

Hello! My name is Sierra and I currently hail from Chicago, IL although right now I am living in Urbana, IL about to finish up my Master's in Library and Information Science. I will be graduating on May 12th of this year and am excited but very nervous.

My first ever experience I ever had with Fleetwood Mac was when I was 11 years old and my mom had purchased The Dance DVD. I then remember being at my grandma's house (she would babysit us after school while the parents were at work) and my sister and I would play this DVD constantly. It holds a very special place in my heart. I just remember being enamored by Lindsey Buckingham (and I still am to this day!) because he is just a genius with that guitar!

Since I am now an adult, I have some time to get reacquainted with the band and have just recently been listening to a whole bunch of their albums (Tango, Tusk, Debut and a lot of Lindsey's solo stuff)

To top this all off I will be attending my FIRST EVER concert on June 14th at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. The tickets are a graduation present. I am beyond excited.:blob2: I just hope security is all right with the camera I want to bring because I want to document this since I don't know of they'll ever tour again. Let's hope so!

I also came across The Ledge just by looking around the internet for news and a fan community that was still alive and kicking which I was surprised there was! It's great!:thumbsup: (You can also probably tell that I love their new song "Sad Angel!")

streetangel27 04-25-2013 07:16 PM

Just popping back in to say hey! I haven't posted here (or any forum) for a loooong time. But I just saw Fleetwood Mac on Tuesday, and it's sparked my need for discussion!

I'm Elle, I think I know some of you from when I frequented SevenWonders(before it shut down).

I've made some great friends from these places. I hope I'll be fortunate enough to make some more.

Dex 05-04-2013 08:23 AM

Yo!

If I've learned anything from other internet forums, it's that nobody actually reads these topics. But it's a boring Saturday afternoon and I'm putting off doing the dishes. ;)

My names Derek. I live in West Sussex but I originally hail from Calgary, Canada. I like coffee, owning books (I tend to just buy them and not read them, these days. I'm awful.), and awesome old ladies.

Oh. And Fleetwood Mac, too. Yeah. Everything after Peter Green (sorry guys! Can't get into him!) and even some of the Rick/Billy stuff. So you can probably write off my taste in music as completely awful. But I enjoy myself.

louielouie2000 05-04-2013 09:09 AM

Welcome, Derek! Sounds like our Mac tastes are similar- I can't get into anything pre '71, either. Don't get me wrong, I find the occasional Green song enjoyable, but it's just not my kind of music.

vivfox 05-04-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1091434)
If I've learned anything from other internet forums, it's that nobody actually reads these topics.

Oh, we read them. And we welcome you.

Dex 05-04-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1091436)
Welcome, Derek! Sounds like our Mac tastes are similar- I can't get into anything pre '71, either. Don't get me wrong, I find the occasional Green song enjoyable, but it's just not my kind of music.

Fewf! Living in the UK is a bit brutal for the Peter Green not-fan. It seems like if you mention the Mac to an audiophile without indicating a strong preference for the Peter Green era, you are quickly labelled an idiot. It's a label I've learned to accept graciously. ;)

Thanks to you and vivfox for the welcome. :)

Macfanforever 05-06-2013 06:24 PM

Welcome Dex to the board.My 10th anniversary will be coming up next month.I will be lost without these guys.

Also welcome to the other newcombers.

SadAngel86
Angie1980
streetangel27
gypsy-sara
ejb1969
redbird
oberwerk

TheWILDheart welcome back.

And other that I did not mention.

Welcome aboard.

TerraRhiannon 05-06-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadAngel86 (Post 1086671)
Hello! My name is Sierra and I currently hail from Chicago, IL although right now I am living in Urbana, IL about to finish up my Master's in Library and Information Science. I will be graduating on May 12th of this year and am excited but very nervous.

My first ever experience I ever had with Fleetwood Mac was when I was 11 years old and my mom had purchased The Dance DVD. I then remember being at my grandma's house (she would babysit us after school while the parents were at work) and my sister and I would play this DVD constantly. It holds a very special place in my heart. I just remember being enamored by Lindsey Buckingham (and I still am to this day!) because he is just a genius with that guitar!

Since I am now an adult, I have some time to get reacquainted with the band and have just recently been listening to a whole bunch of their albums (Tango, Tusk, Debut and a lot of Lindsey's solo stuff)

To top this all off I will be attending my FIRST EVER concert on June 14th at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. The tickets are a graduation present. I am beyond excited.:blob2: I just hope security is all right with the camera I want to bring because I want to document this since I don't know of they'll ever tour again. Let's hope so!

I also came across The Ledge just by looking around the internet for news and a fan community that was still alive and kicking which I was surprised there was! It's great!:thumbsup: (You can also probably tell that I love their new song "Sad Angel!")

Hmmm ok So firstly.. welcome to the Ledge! :nod: And secondly... our stories are very similar. See, when I was 5 The Dance came out and I had the CD and my Mom would play it every day for me, and I fell in love with them at a very young age. It wasn't until I was about 15 that I actually became a hard core fan and expanded my fandom! ;)

Also.. We both are seeing our first FM concert this tour.. I saw them in Boston and looks like you're seeing them in June!!! And I love their new song Sad Angel! We're twins! haha :laugh:

SadAngel86 05-14-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 1091780)
Hmmm ok So firstly.. welcome to the Ledge! :nod: And secondly... our stories are very similar. See, when I was 5 The Dance came out and I had the CD and my Mom would play it every day for me, and I fell in love with them at a very young age. It wasn't until I was about 15 that I actually became a hard core fan and expanded my fandom! ;)

Also.. We both are seeing our first FM concert this tour.. I saw them in Boston and looks like you're seeing them in June!!! And I love their new song Sad Angel! We're twins! haha :laugh:

Thank you TerraRhiannon!! Yes, I am seeing them in June. Only about 35 days or so to go! Yes, I am counting down! Can't wait!

Deeshere 05-22-2013 08:43 PM

Hello everyone :] I'm new here, but I love all the stories I have been reading on this site and there are so many people here that impress me with their knowledge of the band, their music and their back story, that I felt I had to join.

Honestly, I would love to be able to say I grew up listening to Fleetwood Mac, and that my parents were/are huge Mac fans, but that wouldn't be true.

I obviously have heard/known about Fleetwood Mac for years, but no one I know (then or even now) really listens to them (it's weird I know). I actually just started listening to them one day all on my own (I really am not sure why) I think I saw an article about them and I was curious because like I said I have heard about them for years , but, just didn't know much about them. One I started listening though I became hooked and now they are truly my favorite band. So, that's why I'm here, I have NO ONE to talk to about my FAVORITE band and it truly sucks. So I hope you guys will take pity on me and help me out by talking to me about MY FAVORITE BAND because like I said, I have no one else to talk to. (uggh... I'm so pitiful)

I started reading everything I could about their history (particularly Stevie & Lindsey) and "studying" Stevie and Lindsey's lyrics and have a pretty good understanding of the band and their history.

All I can say is WOW that's a bunch of messed up people ;), but I love them and their music anyway. I think my favorite is Lindsey (I don't want to upset any Stevie fans, cause I love her too). I know Lindsey can be an ass and acts arrogant sometimes, but he's so honest and I really respect that about him. You very rarely see that in a person and it's even rarer in a celebrity. Also I know he' s married with 3 kids but I am such a romantic (like Stevie), I gotta love how he still loves her after all these years. I know a lot of people on this board say he's happily married (and I really do hope that's true).

I have in all honesty always respected the sanctity of marriage, but Stevie and (especially) Lindsey break my heart and their story is so sad, that (for the first and only time) I feel like Gods gotta give them a pass on this (if they ever do get back together). These two have suffered more than any couple I have ever seen, and they should have some happiness while they still can get it.

Hope I did not offend anyone and if I did I apologize in advance (now and in future post) :p

Dex 05-23-2013 06:24 AM

Welcome Deeshere! I too was deprived of "growing up with" Fleetwood Mac's music despite my parent's age making me an ideal candidate for that. My parents were never big music lovers and we really only listened to the odd film soundtrack in the car growing up. Most of my musical education was self-taught from my late teens onward.

I can find a lot of people who enjoy FM on a casual basis, but when it comes to the depth of knowledge and passion, this place is unrivaled. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

vivfox 05-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeshere (Post 1093737)
So, that's why I'm here, I have NO ONE to talk to about my FAVORITE band and it truly sucks. So I hope you guys will take pity on me and help me out by talking to me about MY FAVORITE BAND because like I said, I have no one else to talk to. (uggh... I'm so pitiful)

Hope I did not offend anyone and if I did I apologize in advance (now and in future post)

Welcome! New members are the lifeblood of The Ledge. We welcome you to talk about all the reasons why you love this band. We also welcome you to discuss all your frustrations about this band. You might offend some members with your future opinions because Stevie, Lindsey and Christine have many defenders here, but your words will always be of great value to me and many more of us as well.

Deeshere 05-28-2013 10:41 AM

Thank you both for being so warm, kind and accepting.

I have been on other sites where it seems that anyone new is not welcome, but everyone here seems very nice and I am sure I will like it here. :nod:

elle 05-28-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeshere (Post 1093737)
Hello everyone :] I'm new here, but I love all the stories I have been reading on this site and there are so many people here that impress me with their knowledge of the band, their music and their back story, that I felt I had to join.

Honestly, I would love to be able to say I grew up listening to Fleetwood Mac, and that my parents were/are huge Mac fans, but that wouldn't be true.

I obviously have heard/known about Fleetwood Mac for years, but no one I know (then or even now) really listens to them (it's weird I know). I actually just started listening to them one day all on my own (I really am not sure why) I think I saw an article about them and I was curious because like I said I have heard about them for years , but, just didn't know much about them. One I started listening though I became hooked and now they are truly my favorite band. So, that's why I'm here, I have NO ONE to talk to about my FAVORITE band and it truly sucks. So I hope you guys will take pity on me and help me out by talking to me about MY FAVORITE BAND because like I said, I have no one else to talk to. (uggh... I'm so pitiful)

I started reading everything I could about their history (particularly Stevie & Lindsey) and "studying" Stevie and Lindsey's lyrics and have a pretty good understanding of the band and their history.

All I can say is WOW that's a bunch of messed up people ;), but I love them and their music anyway. I think my favorite is Lindsey (I don't want to upset any Stevie fans, cause I love her too). I know Lindsey can be an ass and acts arrogant sometimes, but he's so honest and I really respect that about him. You very rarely see that in a person and it's even rarer in a celebrity. Also I know he' s married with 3 kids but I am such a romantic (like Stevie), I gotta love how he still loves her after all these years. I know a lot of people on this board say he's happily married (and I really do hope that's true).

I have in all honesty always respected the sanctity of marriage, but Stevie and (especially) Lindsey break my heart and their story is so sad, that (for the first and only time) I feel like Gods gotta give them a pass on this (if they ever do get back together). These two have suffered more than any couple I have ever seen, and they should have some happiness while they still can get it.

Hope I did not offend anyone and if I did I apologize in advance (now and in future post) :p

welcome! :wavey:

and yay, so good to see another new LB fan here!! :cool: please join in on the fun, and make sure to visit LB solo forum!!

elle 05-28-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1093762)
Welcome Deeshere! I too was deprived of "growing up with" Fleetwood Mac's music despite my parent's age making me an ideal candidate for that. My parents were never big music lovers and we really only listened to the odd film soundtrack in the car growing up. Most of my musical education was self-taught from my late teens onward.

I can find a lot of people who enjoy FM on a casual basis, but when it comes to the depth of knowledge and passion, this place is unrivaled. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

i never come to chitchat, but someone told me about some posts to check out here.

so since i'm here, i also want to say welcome to you Dex - it's been so great to have your calm, collected, and measured presence on these boards! :thumbsup: