The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rhiannon Movie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59315)

jbrownsjr 08-20-2021 01:38 PM

Rhiannon Movie

I'd love to see this. Seriously. I'm bringing it up so I can get all the information and/or quotes.

Example, I remember her talking about it with Jim Ladd (I think it was him) in the 80s. Viv says 70's.

What's the scoop from your memory and/or article?

sleepless child 08-20-2021 03:28 PM

I believe Rolling Stone mentioned that Stevie was working on a Rhiannon movie and the script was being written by the same person that did the David Bowie movie The Man Who Fell to Earth. That was 1978 I believe. She mentioned in one interview around 1981 about maybe doing a ballet to Rhiannon. Several years ago in a written interview she mentioned going to Europe with some friends and writing Rhiannon music, but we shall see if our Rhiannon project will ever see the light of day.

Macfan4life 08-21-2021 04:18 AM

In an interview about her Las Vegas shows 10 years ago or so, didn't she bring up that Rhiannon would be a great Broadway Show or play. I cant remember if she was asked about the movie and she pivoted to the show or how it came about.

She also said she was going to use a cordless mic and walk around the stage because it was so big. That never happened either :lol:

I think Stevie will play the soundtrack to Rhiannon on piano :eek:

bombaysaffires 08-21-2021 11:57 AM

I'm with Viv... she brought this up in the 70s. She's been saying this easily for 40-45 years.

sleepless child 08-21-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1268974)
In an interview about her Las Vegas shows 10 years ago or so, didn't she bring up that Rhiannon would be a great Broadway Show or play. I cant remember if she was asked about the movie and she pivoted to the show or how it came about.

She also said she was going to use a cordless mic and walk around the stage because it was so big. That never happened either :lol:

I think Stevie will play the soundtrack to Rhiannon on piano :eek:

I always thought it would make a good Broadway show, but Stevie told Tim McGraw on his podcast that the only "musical" she liked was Wicked. I'm very surprised. I know she often went to New York to see shows. The one about Carole King and School of Rock, which she praised so much. So I don't see Rhiannon making it to Broadway I guess.

Macfan4life 08-21-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1268976)
I always thought it would make a good Broadway show, but Stevie told Tim McGraw on his podcast that the only "musical" she liked was Wicked. I'm very surprised. I know she often went to New York to see shows. The one about Carole King and School of Rock, which she praised so much. So I don't see Rhiannon making it to Broadway I guess.

Billy Joel's music had a very successful Broadway show "Movin Out" Abba's music also had success. There definitely is a fantastic script there with the Mac's songs or Stevie's songs.

Its a story about a girl named Rhiannon who was born in the desert. She meets a guitarist and sings with him and poses naked on the album cover. When they run out of money, she becomes a cleaning lady. One day she joins the army aka Fleetwood Mac and falls in love with the drummer. Eventually she becomes a superstar but things start to fall apart and she starts eating chocolate mousse pies backstage while she tours with her love Joe Walsh. Suddenly people start to pelt her with pineapple chunks on stage. Devastated by her life, she sits down and writes Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You. In her devastation, she wanted so to change. Disaster was the only thing that she could depend on. She eventually gets locked away in a prison cell in Berlin. She escapes and starts to make music again. She starts to sing about the Seven Wonders and rejoins the army to make music again. Eventually she works with her former lover guitarist again. But he throws her against a car and runs away. Down but not out, she continues to make music and tell stories to her fans. ***Everyone sings Gypsy***

******maybe I should be copywriting this ******

HomerMcvie 08-21-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1268977)
Billy Joel's music had a very successful Broadway show "Movin Out" Abba's music also had success. There definitely is a fantastic script there with the Mac's songs or Stevie's songs.

Its a story about a girl named Rhiannon who was born in the desert. She meets a guitarist and sings with him and poses naked on the album cover. When they run out of money, she becomes a cleaning lady. One day she joins the army aka Fleetwood Mac and falls in love with the drummer. Eventually she becomes a superstar but things start to fall apart and she starts eating chocolate moose pies backstage while she tours with her love Joe Walsh. Suddenly people start to pelt her with pineapple chunks on stage. Devastated by her life, she sits down and writes Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You. In her devastation, she wanted so to change. Disaster was the only thing that she could depend on. She eventually gets locked away in a prison cell in Berlin. She escapes and starts to make music again. She starts to sing about the Seven Wonders and rejoins the army to make music again. Eventually she works with her former lover guitarist again. But he throws her against a car and runs away. Down but not out, she continues to make music and tell stories to her fans. ***Everyone sings Gypsy***

******maybe I should be copywriting this ******

You probably should copyright it, because that certainly sounds like a "true" story she'd tell.

aleuzzi 08-21-2021 07:14 PM

It’s a pointless project at this point. The “Rhiannon” mystique has long since faded. Young hippie mothers are no longer naming their daughters after the white witch, and most of the new generation of Stevie fans focus far more on “Dreams,” “Gypsy,” and the hits from Bella Donna. Stevie can no longer sing the song the way it deserves to be sung, and visually she can’t conjure the seductive, mystical allure of her past self. So what would be the point?

The documentary for In Your Dreams has charm and interest because it dealt with the artist in current time. We got to see her third act play out with a sympathetic producer who let her revel in being the parody of her former self. And from that parody came new sounds and new approaches. That’s the only way forward. A Rhiannon movie would be sadly dated and irrelevant. The window has closed.

BLY 08-21-2021 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1268981)
It’s a pointless project at this point. The “Rhiannon” mystique has long since faded. Young hippie mothers are no longer naming their daughters after the white witch, and most of the new generation of Stevie fans focus far more on “Dreams,” “Gypsy,” and the hits from Bella Donna. Stevie can no longer sing the song the way it deserves to be sung, and visually she can’t conjure the seductive, mystical allure of her past self. So what would be the point?

The documentary for In Your Dreams has charm and interest because it dealt with the artist in current time. We got to see her third act play out with a sympathetic producer who let her revel in being the parody of her former self. And from that parody came new sounds and new approaches. That’s the only way forward. A Rhiannon movie would be sadly dated and irrelevant. The window has closed.

I agree. The only way this project would be of any interest would be all the footage and recordings to be from the 70s with Stevie doing the narrating today.

David 08-22-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1268977)
Eventually she works with her former lover guitarist again. But he throws her against a car and runs away.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This world needs more laughter. Thank you!

UnwindedDreams 08-22-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1268974)

The lies she told about that Vegas show to get people to buy tickets...
"I'm going to open with Talk to Me" "The dyed-in-the-wool fans will love this show":rolleyes:

jbrownsjr 08-23-2021 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1268994)
The lies she told about that Vegas show to get people to buy tickets...
"I'm going to open with Talk to Me" "The dyed-in-the-wool fans will love this show":rolleyes:

That would actually be a cool song to open with.

Villavic 08-23-2021 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1268981)
It’s a pointless project at this point. The “Rhiannon” mystique has long since faded. Young hippie mothers are no longer naming their daughters after the white witch, and most of the new generation of Stevie fans focus far more on “Dreams,” “Gypsy,” and the hits from Bella Donna.

I agree, I don't see a Rhiannon story being a succesful movie. And let's face it. No one would get the money to invest in a movie that doesn't sound profitable. It would probably be a low budget, B movie. And that would be a shame.

More interesting would be the Fleetwood Mac story in a movie or a mini serie. But even so, I think it is turning less interesting every year. I don't see my nieces interested in going to the cinema to watch a movie about Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac? Who?

jbrownsjr 08-23-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1268999)
I agree, I don't see a Rhiannon story being a succesful movie. And let's face it. No one would get the money to invest in a movie that doesn't sound profitable. It would probably be a low budget, B movie. And that would be a shame.

More interesting would be the Fleetwood Mac story in a movie or a mini serie. But even so, I think it is turning less interesting every year. I don't see my nieces interested in going to the cinema to watch a movie about Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac? Who?

They would have to market the FM film in a way like Elton John's or Queen's.
I think if it focused on 75-87, they could have a big hit with it. Have to be marketed properly with fantastic actors.

BLY 08-23-2021 12:12 PM

I think if it focused on 75-87, they could have a big hit with it. Have to be marketed properly with fantastic actors.[/QUOTE]

Yes not like the “actors” on Reelz Breaking up the Band.