The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New album titled Lindsey Buckingham spring 2021 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58994)

elle 08-08-2020 12:28 PM

New album titled Lindsey Buckingham spring 2021
 
................. or whenever the pandemic subsides / life goes back to some normalcy and he can tour the new album.

he said it was supposed to be out already and he was supposed to be touring it right now, but now they don't have a release date set since it's so hard to know. and that probably in the spring.

he was very resolute that the title of the album is "Lindsey Buckingham."

many fans found that interesting when we talked after the webinar yesterday. a rebirth of an artist. it makes sense. i really hope there's a mixture of newer songs on it, and not just the ones he originally had in the can back in 2017 or whenever it was.

so what do people think? good and symbolic title? or just pure laziness? :laugh:

BLY 08-08-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1259286)
................. or whenever the pandemic subsides / life goes back to some normalcy and he can tour the new album.

he said it was supposed to be out already and he was supposed to be touring it right now, but now they don't have a release date set since it's so hard to know. and that probably in the spring.

he was very resolute that the title of the album is "Lindsey Buckingham."

many fans found that interesting when we talked after the webinar yesterday. a rebirth of an artist. it makes sense. i really hope there's a mixture of newer songs on it, and not just the ones he originally had in the can back in 2017 or whenever it was.

so what do people think? good and symbolic title? or just pure laziness? :laugh:

I’m cool with the title....I’m hoping for a double album. I also think it will be very Fleetwood Macish. He said it was more pop which is more his Fleetwood Mac side.��

David 08-08-2020 02:35 PM

The title is resonant. Luckily, his name is resonant (and not, say, Bob Loblaw). It reminds me of Mac's decision to call its 1975 album Fleetwood Mac so as to say "We are still here but we are also a new phenomenon." I think Lindsey wants to convey the same idea. He's a look-ahead guy.

Murrow 08-08-2020 03:12 PM

That's what I thought too. I think also it's kind of relaunching himself from a centre stage position (last time he did that was Out of the Cradle).

elle 08-09-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1259290)
The title is resonant. Luckily, his name is resonant (and not, say, Bob Loblaw). It reminds me of Mac's decision to call its 1975 album Fleetwood Mac so as to say "We are still here but we are also a new phenomenon." I think Lindsey wants to convey the same idea. He's a look-ahead guy.

that's beautifully stated as usual, David. :nod:


so since it seems clear album is done and ready to go, he should throw out some teasers as other bands that are waiting to release till this all blows over. The Killers album is now pushed back all the way to January 2021. but they released Caution in late spring, and at least 2 more songs since.

so why not release some teasers? a song of it maybe?

UnwindedDreams 08-09-2020 02:55 PM

I think and feel he titled it his name because the material will offer the sound of who Lindsey is and what brought him to this point. I'm thinking we'll be treated to the prime classic touches of Lindsey with maybe modern flavor as well.

I'd bet the plastic wrapping will have a sticker on it that says "Formerly of Fleetwood Mac" to grab the eye of shoppers in a Barnes and Noble; Linds has no control over that. I don't agree with it because when a lot of people hear Go Your Own Way, I think they know it's not a lady singing the lead vocals:laugh:

However, I think it's a beautiful thing for Linds to have chosen this name for his album.

UnwindedDreams 08-10-2020 09:47 AM

There are those who say no one cares about who Lindsey Buckingham is and those who believe he should've been fired.
The guy still makes news, written by a renowned RS journalist: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...mpression=true

HomerMcvie 08-10-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1259318)

However, I think it's a beautiful thing for Linds to have chosen this name for his album.

I've never heard anyone call him Linds. Did you issue your own personal license for usage?:)

UnwindedDreams 08-10-2020 10:42 AM

I heard Stevie call him that.

HomerMcvie 08-10-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1259332)
I heard Stevie call him that.

Well that explains it!:p:cool:

michelej1 08-10-2020 12:56 PM

I call him Linds in my head.

bombaysaffires 08-10-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259331)
I've never heard anyone call him Linds. Did you issue your own personal license for usage?:)

Stevie calls him that a lot in person; I've heard others around them say it at times to, though I'm not sure any of them have said it when talking about him to others, or put it in writing.

vivfox 08-10-2020 09:00 PM

I don't think he should wait. I think he should just release it and continue performing for his fan base from his music room. There will be no magic pill stopping this virus in 2021. It will still be too soon for audiences to gather together in crowds for concerts, IMO.

elle 08-10-2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1259329)
There are those who say no one cares about who Lindsey Buckingham is and those who believe he should've been fired.
The guy still makes news, written by a renowned RS journalist: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...mpression=true

lol yeah they must have taken a weekend off, but today all of the sudden, iheart radio, google news, RS magazine, NME and all others all of the sudden exploded with the news of LB singing publicly for the first time. :thumbsup:

jbrownsjr 08-11-2020 12:51 PM

I love the title and the concept behind calling it "Lindsey Buckingham"

nicepace 08-11-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1259340)
I don't think he should wait. I think he should just release it and continue performing for his fan base from his music room. There will be no magic pill stopping this virus in 2021. It will still be too soon for audiences to gather together in crowds for concerts, IMO.

I totally agree. By the time the pandemic is over, he will have had time to craft another set of songs. I want to hear the 'Lindsey Buckingham' songs sooner than vaguely off in the future sometime.

jbrownsjr 08-11-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1259353)
I totally agree. By the time the pandemic is over, he will have had time to craft another set of songs. I want to hear the 'Lindsey Buckingham' songs sooner than vaguely off in the future sometime.

Hmmm.. You and Viv changed my mind on this. I want to hear it ASAP!! You're both right.. shelf life...

BLY 08-11-2020 06:54 PM

He should release this album NOW. He can do more online promoting and tour later. If anybody should realize time is a ticking.

TrueFaith77 08-12-2020 06:56 AM

My first thought was also of Fleetwood Mac eponymous, but then... I thought that Linds' last album was titled

Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie

:shrug:

Anyway, super excited!!! Wish it were here now. I think his release plan is short-sighted actually.

elle 08-12-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1259357)
My first thought was also of Fleetwood Mac eponymous, but then... I thought that Linds' last album was titled

Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie

:shrug:

Anyway, super excited!!! Wish it were here now. I think his release plan is short-sighted actually.

oh completely agree. it's lazy and it's the same as EVERYBODY else under the sun is doing. almost everyone is holding their releases back and waiting for the tail end of pandemic to release and then tour. releasing a bit early and having some creative marketing and online promotion would be much better. but he's never been good in marketing himself, and we cannot expect that at 70 all of the sudden that will change - so he's just doing what his record company / management is doing for every other artist. here and there someone is releasing now or in the next few months and trying something different.

at least we'll have tons of new releases and tours when all of this blows over!

vivfox 08-16-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1259367)
at least we'll have tons of new releases and tours when all of this blows over!

IF all of this blows over. At his age he is wasting precious time waiting. Shouldn't he be able to do whatever the eff he wants at this point in his career?

michelej1 08-17-2020 01:55 AM

I agree. Every month someone integral to FM’s past dies. These people don’t have two years to wait around any longer. Tarantula walks by the window, no one takes it as a sign?

elle 08-17-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1259469)
I agree. Every month someone integral to FM’s past dies. These people don’t have two years to wait around any longer. Tarantula walks by the window, no one takes it as a sign?

what is your suggestion for him to do?

i think he should start releasing singles from the upcoming album to
1) hold us over
2) generate some interest and anticipation.

then again, BuckVie singles didn't really give us a good idea of what all was on the album and how much we will eventually love the album!

either way, i want some singles. and want him to work on some additional new music in the meantime that he can release shortly after Lindsey Buckingham rebirth album.

but like someone here says - he should do whatever he wants. this is what WE want, doesn't mean that's what he wants. he seems to be in a very relaxed, peaceful, gratitude-filled place in his life. it was so great to see that. :nod:

michelej1 08-17-2020 11:05 PM

I say keep releasing singles until the whole album is out. Yes I know he won’t have an opportunity to tour on it, but he can do a concert online. He can then make another album to tour on in 2022. It’s not like he won’t have the free time to create anew.

jbrownsjr 08-18-2020 09:37 AM

Release single in Sept. Announce a Soundstage concert where he plays the entire album in order (Oct) Release another single in November, and after Thanksgiving release album. Tour after Xmas.

Jondalar 08-22-2020 12:43 AM

I hope he writes scathing songs about Fleetwood Mac.

HomerMcvie 08-22-2020 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1259555)
I hope he writes scathing songs about Fleetwood Mac.

On this we agree.

I hope he rips them a new one!

TrueFaith77 08-22-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259557)
On this we agree.

I hope he rips them a new one!

That leads to the key question. Is this Blue Light rebranded? Something totally new—in response to Mac’s treason—with BL waiting in the wings? Or BL with new material responding to Mac’s treason?

BLY 08-22-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1259563)
That leads to the key question. Is this Blue Light rebranded? Something totally new—in response to Mac’s treason—with BL waiting in the wings? Or BL with new material resending to Mac’s treason?

My guess is Blue Light rebranded with maybe one track added since the departure.

elle 08-23-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1259563)
That leads to the key question. Is this Blue Light rebranded? Something totally new—in response to Mac’s treason—with BL waiting in the wings? Or BL with new material responding to Mac’s treason?

that would be my by far preferred option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1259564)
My guess is Blue Light rebranded with maybe one track added since the departure.

and unfortunately, this is probably what it will be.

either way, i want it, as soon as possible! or at least some songs from it. :nod:

button-lip 08-26-2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1259555)
I hope he writes scathing songs about Fleetwood Mac.

From what he said, he couldn't care less about them. They're not worth 10 seconds of his weakest song. None of them. :nod:

brucewayne 09-05-2020 09:44 AM

If he's waiting until after the pandemic, it'll be longer than spring 2021.

Unfortunately :(

TrueFaith77 09-12-2020 09:21 AM

Seminal 80s New Wave band New Order were supposed to be going on a big tour this fall. Although it was postponed, what did the band do, citing they didn’t have anything else to do during lockdown? Each member isolated from one another recorded bits and sent them around to each other to assemble a brand new single which they have released because they feel the world needs uplifting music. And, apparently, so inspired by the process they are now promising more new music. This is NOT a prolific band so... seems they are using the downtime of the pandemic wisely.

Lindsey, listen up! It’s a new era. It might even be HIS era (master of the home studio that he is).

Anyway here’s the New Order single:’ https://youtu.be/f6E6ugW7TOo

Jondalar 09-17-2020 03:52 AM

Any news on this?

jbrownsjr 09-18-2020 10:31 AM

I really hope it's the quiet before the storm.

TrueFaith77 10-07-2020 04:28 AM

Why is Stevie releasing new music during the covidpocalypse but not Lindsey?!

UnwindedDreams 10-07-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1260503)
Why is Stevie releasing new music during the covidpocalypse but not Lindsey?!

He could be waiting for a time when people feel more comfortable going to a store to buy a cd or an album.

Stevie's a mega-millionaire. She probably won't charge for Show Them the Way. It'll probably be on YouTube

kenzo 10-07-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1260503)
Why is Stevie releasing new music during the covidpocalypse but not Lindsey?!

My guess would be that he wants to be able to tour to support a new release so that it has maximum impact.

michelej1 10-07-2020 02:17 PM

Whatever Lindsey is waiting for, he shouldn’t.

TrueFaith77 10-07-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1260512)
Whatever Lindsey is waiting for, he shouldn’t.

Amen!

He needs to release something Friday! What a great way to ... start a conversation.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved