The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New album titled Lindsey Buckingham spring 2021 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58994)

button-lip 08-26-2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1259555)
I hope he writes scathing songs about Fleetwood Mac.

From what he said, he couldn't care less about them. They're not worth 10 seconds of his weakest song. None of them. :nod:

brucewayne 09-05-2020 09:44 AM

If he's waiting until after the pandemic, it'll be longer than spring 2021.

Unfortunately :(

TrueFaith77 09-12-2020 09:21 AM

Seminal 80s New Wave band New Order were supposed to be going on a big tour this fall. Although it was postponed, what did the band do, citing they didnít have anything else to do during lockdown? Each member isolated from one another recorded bits and sent them around to each other to assemble a brand new single which they have released because they feel the world needs uplifting music. And, apparently, so inspired by the process they are now promising more new music. This is NOT a prolific band so... seems they are using the downtime of the pandemic wisely.

Lindsey, listen up! Itís a new era. It might even be HIS era (master of the home studio that he is).

Anyway hereís the New Order single:í https://youtu.be/f6E6ugW7TOo

Jondalar 09-17-2020 03:52 AM

Any news on this?

jbrownsjr 09-18-2020 10:31 AM

I really hope it's the quiet before the storm.

TrueFaith77 10-07-2020 04:28 AM

Why is Stevie releasing new music during the covidpocalypse but not Lindsey?!

UnwindedDreams 10-07-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1260503)
Why is Stevie releasing new music during the covidpocalypse but not Lindsey?!

He could be waiting for a time when people feel more comfortable going to a store to buy a cd or an album.

Stevie's a mega-millionaire. She probably won't charge for Show Them the Way. It'll probably be on YouTube

kenzo 10-07-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1260503)
Why is Stevie releasing new music during the covidpocalypse but not Lindsey?!

My guess would be that he wants to be able to tour to support a new release so that it has maximum impact.

michelej1 10-07-2020 02:17 PM

Whatever Lindsey is waiting for, he shouldnít.

TrueFaith77 10-07-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1260512)
Whatever Lindsey is waiting for, he shouldn’t.

Amen!

He needs to release something Friday! What a great way to ... start a conversation.

elle 10-07-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1260512)
Whatever Lindsey is waiting for, he shouldn’t.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1260522)
Amen!

He needs to release something Friday! What a great way to ... start a conversation.

while i cannot agree more with you guys that he should be slowly releasing and dripping stuff from his new album, the way The Killers and others have been, during the pandemic / non touring time, i COMPLETELY disagree that he needs to do anything to counteract his ex. so no, now or this Friday? no reason.

that's her sick sad never-getting-over-his-role-in-her-life thing to do, to keep competing with him. he doesn't have to worry about anything she's doing anymore. she took herself out of his life and her trying to re-write that history with her interviews now ("i'm oh so sad about him leaving FM" bs) is not gonna change that.

TrueFaith77 10-08-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1260525)
while i cannot agree more with you guys that he should be slowly releasing and dripping stuff from his new album, the way The Killers and others have been, during the pandemic / non touring time, i COMPLETELY disagree that he needs to do anything to counteract his ex. so no, now or this Friday? no reason.

that's her sick sad never-getting-over-his-role-in-her-life thing to do, to keep competing with him. he doesn't have to worry about anything she's doing anymore. she took herself out of his life and her trying to re-write that history with her interviews now ("i'm oh so sad about him leaving FM" bs) is not gonna change that.

I am sure you can appreciate that I am appealing to a marketing gimmick and the impulse for dramz to make the case to release something now.

I am grasping at straws.

But yes I am petty. 😝 Lindsey is not :)

Storms123 10-08-2020 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1260525)
while i cannot agree more with you guys that he should be slowly releasing and dripping stuff from his new album, the way The Killers and others have been, during the pandemic / non touring time, i COMPLETELY disagree that he needs to do anything to counteract his ex. so no, now or this Friday? no reason.

that's her sick sad never-getting-over-his-role-in-her-life thing to do, to keep competing with him. he doesn't have to worry about anything she's doing anymore. she took herself out of his life and her trying to re-write that history with her interviews now ("i'm oh so sad about him leaving FM" bs) is not gonna change that.

Totally agree with all of this, but she has so many minions hanging on every word she says and will interpret her RIDICULOUS comment that his firing was his fault. She talked about divorcing a man she was never married too---that alone should tell you which one of them is hung up on the other.

jbrownsjr 10-09-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1260525)
while i cannot agree more with you guys that he should be slowly releasing and dripping stuff from his new album, the way The Killers and others have been, during the pandemic / non touring time, i COMPLETELY disagree that he needs to do anything to counteract his ex. so no, now or this Friday? no reason.

that's her sick sad never-getting-over-his-role-in-her-life thing to do, to keep competing with him. he doesn't have to worry about anything she's doing anymore. she took herself out of his life and her trying to re-write that history with her interviews now ("i'm oh so sad about him leaving FM" bs) is not gonna change that.

You mean they ARE NOT in love!!!??? I need to go sit down and re-think this.

bombaysaffires 10-09-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1260554)
Totally agree with all of this, but she has so many minions hanging on every word she says and will interpret her RIDICULOUS comment that his firing was his fault. She talked about divorcing a man she was never married too---that alone should tell you which one of them is hung up on the other.

well and the whole "divorce" metaphor is one she used back during the first band interview post-firing (with Mike and Neil present). She blamed fans for their reactions, comparing them to children whose parents were divorcing and being upset that mommy and daddy were splitting up and how emotionally hard that is for kids. Her message was that sometimes mommy and daddy (the grown ups) have to do what's best for them despite how upsetting it is for the kids (fans). Like, someday when you grow up you'll better understand why mom and dad split up and see that it was the best thing for everyone. I found it rather insulting then and still now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved