The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Flashback 1989 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59204)

dougl 03-28-2021 10:40 PM

Flashback 1989

1989 Music Connection interview with Christine and Stevie

https://www.musicconnection.com/stev...ristine-mcvie/

Macfan4life 03-29-2021 04:09 AM

Thanks for posting. Nice flashback. I think this goes in Post-Rumours though.

Another interview of wondering how Rick Vito got into the band. Chris mentions the band knowing Billy for years but says when we "met" Rick he fit really well. It was always suggested the studio pushed a studio guitarist in the band. Rick is a great guitarist but if that is true he is the only member of the band that the band that got hired that way.

jbrownsjr 03-29-2021 07:16 AM

MC: This is the first time in the studio with this configuration. How was it different?

SN: Nobody argues.

:laugh:

HomerMcvie 03-29-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1265837)
MC: This is the first time in the studio with this configuration. How was it different?

SN: Nobody argues.

:laugh:

Are you saying Rick and Billy knew their place in the food chain of FM?

jbrownsjr 03-30-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265843)
Are you saying Rick and Billy knew their place in the food chain of FM?

I mean...... :lol:

David 03-30-2021 01:57 PM

I wonder what Chris meant by this:

Quote:

I think in the beginning stages, we had a couple of hiccups with the production – with the people working around us.

bwboy 03-30-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1265875)

FM was initially working with another producer, and they felt things weren’t going well and turned to Greg Ladanyi. I can’t remember the name of the original producer, though.

BombaySapphire3 03-30-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1265881)
FM was initially working with another producer, and they felt things weren’t going well and turned to Greg Ladanyi. I can’t remember the name of the original producer, though.

I would hate to hear what the first producer's work sounded like. Ladanyi's work on Behind the Mask in particular is very pedestrian and unimaginative .The once mighty had fallen.

Macfan4life 03-31-2021 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1265887)
I would hate to hear what the first producer's work sounded like. Ladanyi's work on Behind the Mask in particular is very pedestrian and unimaginative .The once mighty had fallen.

The producer's work is fine. The band's creations were unimaginative. You know what they say. You can put lipstick on a pig and its still a pig. Half the songs on BTM are brilliant IMHO. The other half are meh. IMHO production pretty good.

aleuzzi 03-31-2021 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1265887)

Agreed. But then some of the tunes are wanting, too.

Still, imagine how great “Save Me” would have been if it had been produced by the guy who did “Love Shines” and “Heart of Stone.”

jbrownsjr 03-31-2021 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1265894)
Agreed. But then some of the tunes are wanting, too.

Still, imagine how great “Save Me” would have been if it had been produced by the guy who did “Love Shines” and “Heart of Stone.”

The songs in this period from Christine are so good!!

Love Shines
Heart of Stone
As Long As You Follow
Save Me
Sooner or Later
Sky's The Limit (spelled wrong purpose) :)
Nights in Estoril

dougl 04-01-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1265875)
I think in the beginning stages, we had a couple of hiccups with the production – with the people working around us.

I was just reading George Hawkins Ledge Q&A (2001) and he said that Ladanyi replaced Don Gehman (Melloncamp, R.E.M, Hootie...) as producer for Behind the Mask.

“Some time later, Mick and I were talking on the phone and he told me the producer they had selected for "Behind The Mask", Don Gehman, wasn't working out, and did I have any favorite new guys I had worked with lately. I told him about Ladanyi, and you know the rest.” George Hawkins RIP

jbrownsjr 04-02-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougl (Post 1265959)
I was just reading George Hawkins Ledge Q&A (2001) and he said that Ladanyi replaced Don Gehman (Melloncamp, R.E.M, Hootie...) as producer for Behind the Mask.

“Some time later, Mick and I were talking on the phone and he told me the producer they had selected for "Behind The Mask", Don Gehman, wasn't working out, and did I have any favorite new guys I had worked with lately. I told him about Ladanyi, and you know the rest.” George Hawkins RIP

I loved George Hawkins. What a great bass player. So much energy and solid backing vocals. RIP. :(