The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Festivals in Europe summer 2022 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59287)

elle 06-27-2021 02:37 PM

Festivals in Europe summer 2022

Looks like LB might be planning a European tour in summer 2022. So far, there is one festival date announced, Heartland festival in Denmark June 2-4.

This was my wish for LB back in 2020 - some festival dates to anchor a theater tour in Europe / UK. Looks like it may happen, 2 years later! Also, The Killers are headlining bunch of large European festivals in June 2022, so how cool would it be if LB performs at some of the same ones and joins them on stage of Caution, GYOW and maybe something else, like Brendan Flowers was describing last year as a possibility?

https://heartlandfestival.dk/

And how cool for European fans to finally be able to see solo LB show?

UnwindedDreams 06-27-2021 03:12 PM

This is cool. I'd really like to see him play with Killers.
I loved the Dustland video they did with Bruce so I'm sure they'd love to share a stage with LB.

Was it 2012 when Lindsey was going to tour the UK but Neale had back surgery?

elle 06-27-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1267965)
This is cool. I'd really like to see him play with Killers.
I loved the Dustland video they did with Bruce so I'm sure they'd love to share a stage with LB.

they said so in one of their interviews last year, that they hope to get LB to join them on stage for Caution at some dates if possible, and then they could do a few of LB/FM songs too. they said they discussed it with LB and that he seemed open to it. it would be fantastic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1267965)
Was it 2012 when Lindsey was going to tour the UK but Neale had back surgery?

2012 FM was supposed to either work on the new album or tour, but Stevie didn't want to, so LB went on OMS tour. 2012 was the year of Dancing / Poor Little Raven and i believe also the year of Mick's playboy interview complaining how Stevie is putting her solo career first, and doesn't care about the band.

UnwindedDreams 06-27-2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1267966)
2012 FM was supposed to either work on the new album or tour, but Stevie didn't want to, so LB went on OMS tour. 2012 was the year of Dancing / Poor Little Raven and i believe also the year of Mick's playboy interview complaining how Stevie is putting her solo career first, and doesn't care about the band.

I think Mick opened Fleetwood's On Front Street in 2012 too.
I think Dancing was somewhat about Stevie but Lindsey actually stated in 2012 that he understands Stevie taking 2012 to promote her album. And Mick was out there saying he didn't know if FM would perform again:laugh:

tango87 06-28-2021 03:37 AM

Wonderful! Thank you Elle. I'll keep my fingers tightly crossed for the UK, but this is looking very promising.

Google Translate is as accurate as ever:

'Lindsey Buckingham is visiting Heartland with her self-titled album... Lindsey Buckingham has a unique talent for ear-splitting pop tunes...'

jbrownsjr 06-28-2021 09:52 AM

I really hope he does some London shows!! That's exciting.

xhector 06-28-2021 03:31 PM

It would be a dream for me that he could be at Primavera Sound at my home Barcelona. My favourite artist, at home, at my favourite festival. Primavera 2022 is already sold out, still with artists pending of confirmation, and I don't have a ticket (I was reluctant until I see that festivals, with no social distancing etc. are really happening) but I would find a way through resales :]
But well, if not, I will be definitely traveling to Denmark or another place to see him.

vivfox 07-03-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tango87 (Post 1267968)
Google Translate is as accurate as ever:
'Lindsey Buckingham is visiting Heartland with her self-titled album... Lindsey Buckingham has a unique talent for ear-splitting pop tunes...'

:laugh::nod::shrug: