The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Life magazine Fleetwood Mac/Chris tribute (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59868)

Macfan4life 02-11-2023 11:26 AM

Life magazine Fleetwood Mac/Chris tribute

How come no one told me about the current Life magazine dedicated to Fleetwood Mac and Chris? I was grocery shopping this morning and BOOM staring me in the face at the checkout counter is an entire magazine dedicated to the band in honor of Chris. I grabbed it and put in on the belt. What a keepsake and coffee table piece. So many photos that I have never seen before. People are already selling it on Ebay. I don't collect Mac stuff anymore but this will be the exception.

But I like some kind of TIME/LIFE edition,
Tradition, competition
Being the only thing that I really have to remember
The great singers and the great players

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32552834322...xoCKCwQAvD_BwE

Wdm6789 02-17-2023 09:29 AM

I’ve been meaning to pick one of these up. Next time I’m at the grocery or Walgreens. I’m glad they used that picture of the band. It’s one of my favorite band pictures because I love the 80s glam.

Macfan4life 02-17-2023 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1282904)
I’ve been meaning to pick one of these up. Next time I’m at the grocery or Walgreens. I’m glad they used that picture of the band. It’s one of my favorite band pictures because I love the 80s glam.

Definitely pick it up before they are gone. Such incredible photos inside. Many I have seen before but there are a few stellar photos that I love that I have not seen before.

There is a photo of Lindsey riding a bike through the streets of Hollywood with Stevie walking behind him with a friend (Robin?)

I think I have seen the photo of Lindsey and John in a convertible before but not sure. It was taken in 1975 after a recoding session where they were not getting along. The description stated after a tense recording session they hopped in this car and someone took this photo.

There are some great very vintage photos of the band pre-USA. John had some fancy cars way back then. They definitely made some bucks back then.

Lindsey's swim team photo is in there too. A very young, good looking Lindsey posing in his trunks with his team.

Macfan4life 02-19-2023 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1282904)

I love the cover photo too. The band looks so fresh and nice. I love the photo mostly because of Chris and her smirk. Lindsey is stone faced. Stevie has almost a surprise look. Mick and John are barely smiling. Chris is front and center with a smile that is mostly a smirk which I love. I take it as her sense of humor posing for the photo.

aleuzzi 02-22-2023 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1282925)
I love the cover photo too. The band looks so fresh and nice. I love the photo mostly because of Chris and her smirk. Lindsey is stone faced. Stevie has almost a surprise look. Mick and John are barely smiling. Chris is front and center with a smile that is mostly a smirk which I love. I take it as her sense of humor posing for the photo.

John and Chris look great in the pic. So natural and attractive in an unaffected way.

jbrownsjr 02-23-2023 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1283001)
John and Chris look great in the pic. So natural and attractive in an unaffected way.

The only think I don't care for is LB's pose. Why are you standing like that?

Macfan4life 02-23-2023 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1283010)

That's his hostage look. After the Tango sessions he was plotting his escape :eek:

Reading their minds on the cover:

Mick: Let's make this quick, I need another line. Horray, I'm back in the money.
Lindsey: Piggy in the middle. Piggy on the cover. How many more days of this?
Chris: This is fun. The band is back together and I've got damn good songs on this album
Stevie: Where am I? This is a dream, right? Is it time for another pill?
John: They brought me off my boat for this? Let's just play and have fun.

tango87 02-23-2023 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1283011)
That's his hostage look. After the Tango sessions he was plotting his escape :eek:

Reading their minds on the cover:

Mick: Let's make this quick, I need another line. Horray, I'm back in the money.
Lindsey: Piggy in the middle. Piggy on the cover. How many more days of this?

I always wondered if they were getting their revenge on Lindsey when they chose this shot of him as a YouTube thumbnail:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisn...t/52706719930/

aleuzzi 02-23-2023 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1283010)

I know. Looks as if he was caught between poses.

jbrownsjr 02-23-2023 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1283013)
I know. Looks as if he was caught between poses.

Not crazy about the jacket and how it sitting over his hands. Very un-rock and roll ish... Even for 1987.

aleuzzi 02-23-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1283016)
Not crazy about the jacket and how it sitting over his hands. Very un-rock and roll ish... Even for 1987.

A full-on Lindsey fail.

jbrownsjr 02-23-2023 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1283020)
A full-on Lindsey fail.

... and this is why I must go...

jbrownsjr 02-23-2023 12:17 PM

I'm also thinking this is their Seven Wonders' costume. (In part)

aleuzzi 02-23-2023 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1283022)
... and this is why I must go...

You either do or you don’t

Macfan4life 02-23-2023 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1283023)
I'm also thinking this is their Seven Wonders' costume. (In part)

Very true. I see that