The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A boarded-up career (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=7375)

CarneVaca 10-01-2002 09:32 AM

A boarded-up career

Hmmm, it occurs to me... has this board actually outlasted Lindsey's solo career?

Street_Dreamer 10-01-2002 09:47 AM

:lol: Nope, I still have faith that GOS will be released... eventually. If not then this board still has a way to go to surpass Lindsey's solo career in length, 1981-1993 (with the concerts.)

Matt

ChickenShack 10-01-2002 12:29 PM

Re: A boarded-up career

Quote:

Originally posted by CarneVaca
Hmmm, it occurs to me... has this board actually outlasted Lindsey's solo career?
I say yes. It's the Lindsey Message Bored. :laugh: I know now that GOS is "The New Mac Album." :D We will never see it as "Gift Of Screws." :mad:

CarneVaca 10-01-2002 02:44 PM

Re: Re: A boarded-up career

Quote:

Originally posted by ChickenShack

I say yes. It's the Lindsey Message Bored

Minor correction: Lindsey Message Bored to Tears.

Come on, let's spice things up.

sulamith 10-01-2002 02:51 PM

Aw, Carne, you know what happens when we try to do that.......

CarneVaca 10-01-2002 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sulamith
Aw, Carne, you know what happens when we try to do that.......
Sadly [shoulders slumped, gazing at the floor] I do know.

Jessica Leigh 10-01-2002 04:50 PM

gift of screws is NOT going to be the new FM album!!! those guys are recording all new material i'm sure....

and yes i think this board has outlived lindsey's solo career... too bad :(

ChickenShack 10-01-2002 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jessica Leigh
gift of screws is NOT going to be the new FM album!!!
Mighty sure of yourself, aintcha?? It's blatently obvious to me that the new FM album WILL be carrying a LOT of GOS on it. LB knows his solo career, albeit BRILLIANT, has sunk lower than a cruise ship full of big guys heading to a Barry White look-alike contest. He can sail a lot farther on Mac wings, on a Mac album. And more power to him!

chiliD 10-01-2002 06:51 PM

Has "GoS" been officially released? NO!

Have any of the interviews said anything about Lindsey working on HIS material? NO!

The only reports of Fleetwood Mac actually WORKING has been on Stevie's "17 demos". I think it can be taken from that, that Lindsey's material, for all intents & purposes is finished. Whatever material Lindsey uses on this new FMac album will be culled from "GoS" tunes. MAYYYYYYYYYYBE he's written a couple of new tunes...or maybe the songs that AREN'T familiar to us already are songs that would've been on a completed "GoS" that WEREN'T leaked out. We'll never know.

But, I think its pretty much a slam dunk that a MAJORITY of the material of Lindsey's on the new album will be EXTREMELY familiar to us.

Janet 10-02-2002 12:38 AM

I agree Chili D...

Hey, that rhymes.

No Linds. solo album...none...kiss his solo good bye..

2003 is already gone...FM album ( Im still not totally sure thats even coming at this point)

Then Stevie will do hers early 2005 probably...just one more..

Then after that they are 60 and I doubt really in recording mode. Sad...very sad. He missed the boat!

DownOnRodeo 10-02-2002 01:37 AM

Good grief

Oh this is so morbid and morose!

Well, somebody post a new thread when he finally dies, then we can finally shut down this tired old fan board once and for all!

LOL:laugh: ;)

Rainman 10-02-2002 02:23 PM

Quote:

gift of screws is NOT going to be the new FM album!!! those guys are recording all new material i'm sure....

Oh, Jessica Leigh, if only it were true . . .

The GOS material I've heard is excellent IMHO, but I'd love to see some brand new stuff that is the product of a more collaborative effort with the "new" lineup.

Rainman 10-02-2002 02:29 PM

Livingston, Montana?

By the way, Jessica Leigh . . .

Stupid-ass Livingston, Montana, eh? Beautiful. I was there once. A fly rod in one hand, a bottle of scotch in the other.

It's a long story, one that has nothing to do with FM.

Jessica Leigh 10-02-2002 04:48 PM

ok if you guys wan to argue with me then fine... but let it be known that when that album comes out i'm going to dig up this thread... to remind you... that i was right a long time before...

chiliD 10-02-2002 05:07 PM

Yeah, me, too. This thread is bookmarked "Do not open until April 2003".