The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   In your opinion, what song of Christine's would have made a great, hit single (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=42323)

vivfox 11-26-2009 07:20 PM

In your opinion, what song of Christine's would have made a great, hit single

Heart Of Stone

aleuzzi 11-26-2009 07:48 PM

Love Shines could have been something with a little more calculation. Same with Hollywood. But I love them both as they are.

If Friend, Anything is Possible, You Are, Forgiveness, or Giving it Back were issued in 1982-88, they'd have been huge, I think.

Remember Me, Just Crazy Love, Prove Your Love, Come a Little Bit Closer, Dissatisfied, Did You Ever Love Me, and Spare Me a Little would have been smashes if any of them were put on a Rumours-era album with a Rumours-era arrangement.

HomerMcvie 11-26-2009 08:43 PM

Love Shines, hands down.

Crap, I made a "best of FM" CD, a couple of weeks ago, and forgot about Love Shines! :o

goldustsongbird 11-26-2009 09:54 PM

Why.

(tenmorecharacters.)

Hawkeye 11-26-2009 10:45 PM

I think pretty much every song of hers that could've been a hit single WAS a freaking hit single :laugh:

michelej1 11-27-2009 12:44 AM

Well, it wouldn't be a radio hit, but I think Calumny or Northern Star could have been what Songbird was. Also, Got a Hold On Me was a modest hit, but I think it would have been bigger and much more ubiquitous on our airwaves even today if it had been released by FM.

Michele

aleuzzi 11-27-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 856848)
Well, it wouldn't be a radio hit, but I think Calumny or Northern Star could have been what Songbird was. Also, Got a Hold On Me was a modest hit, but I think it would have been bigger and much more ubiquitous on our airwaves even today if it had been released by FM.

Michele

It made the top 10. Was it only there briefly? It seems as big a hit as many of her Mac songs.

michelej1 11-27-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 856850)
It made the top 10. Was it only there briefly? It seems as big a hit as many of her Mac songs.

It also was on the Adult Contemporary chart too. But it just seems like . . . how come we never hear it anymore, when YMLF is played constantly. Actually, I do remember being in a rental car in Chicago when Got A Hold On Me came on the radio and it made my whole trip. But it's a rare occurrence. I haven't heard it on the radio since the year it was released, other than that instance.

Michele

Gailh 11-27-2009 08:08 AM

I think that if Friend had been on SYW it would have been a hit (I know it was a single but not a big hit)

Gail

HomerMcvie 11-27-2009 01:33 PM

I heard Got A Hold On Me, on a store's muzak, not too long ago. I think it was a bigger hit, than we remember. I remember MTV playing the hell out of the video.

trackaghost 11-27-2009 01:33 PM

I think if You Are had been recorded by Fleetwood Mac it would have been a hit. It has that classic Mac sound, I think.

EnchantedKiwi 12-17-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 856807)
Why.

(tenmorecharacters.)

Yes!! A redo of Why on the Fleetwood Mac white album with Stevie and Lindseys vocals

I could of been ammmazzzing :)

mylittledemon 12-17-2009 10:58 PM

I always thought "Isnt It Midnight" should've been one of the TANGO hits.

HomerMcvie 12-17-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 860607)

Although I love Isn't It Midnight, it seems like it's lacking something. I don't even know what, but it's not quite "hooky" enough, or something.

But come on, if it had been a hit, too, Chris would have had THREE Tango hits, compared to Stevie and Lindsey's one hit each.:laugh:

michelej1 12-17-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 860607)

And that song sure sounded nice on the Cage tour. Yowza! Michele