The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Fleetwood Mac" album: Side 1 or Side 2? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59230)

Villavic 04-24-2021 02:19 PM

"Fleetwood Mac" album: Side 1 or Side 2?

Side 1
1. "Monday Morning"
2. "Warm Ways"
3. "Blue Letter"
4. "Rhiannon"
5. "Over My Head"
6. "Crystal"

Side 2
1. "Say You Love Me"
2. "Landslide"
3. "World Turning"
4. "Sugar Daddy"
5. "I'm So Afraid"

HomerMcvie 04-24-2021 02:50 PM

World Turning and Sugar Daddy make EVERY single greatest hits disc I've ever made, so I have to go with side 2.

Macfan4life 04-24-2021 03:12 PM

Wowser. This may be the hardest one yet. Again, I wont cop out. Some of my favorite songs are side 2 but i am of sound mind enough to say Side 1 is overall a better side.

However, this is really a toss up completely. I could live with either. This album is sensational and I think it gets overlooked a bit because of Rumours. I wish the guitar lick single versions of the 3 singles were on the standard album. I love Lindsey's extra playing on the single versions.

HomerMcvie 04-24-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1266503)
Wowser. This may be the hardest one yet. Again, I wont cop out. Some of my favorite songs are side 2 but i am of sound mind enough to say Side 1 is overall a better side.

However, this is really a toss up completely. I could live with either. This album is sensational and I think it gets overlooked a bit because of Rumours. I wish the guitar lick single versions of the 3 singles were on the standard album. I love Lindsey's extra playing on the single versions.

The Rhiannon single is so much better than the album!

Macfan4life 04-24-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266505)
The Rhiannon single is so much better than the album!

True
But I would say Over My Head is even a better improved single. Lindsey gets his guitar picking.

Say You Love Me has awesome licks too

On Ice 04-24-2021 04:27 PM

Side one hands down, but every song on side two is just as good, side one just flows better and the coupling of Rhiannon and Over My Head makes it wonderful. Also two of Lindsey's best ever vocals, in Monday Morning and Blue Letter. Stevie's vocals are also sensational throughout, whether lead background or harmony. Overall, I believe as good as Rumours, in fact tied for best by the band and these two albums are quintessential 70's Rock.

Macfan4life 04-24-2021 04:35 PM

The best thing about this album is what a creeper it was. First UK Single Warm Ways flops terribly. The record company picked Over My Head for the states and the band was not happy and never thought it would be a hit single. Sure enough, it was the first charting single by Fleetwood Mac in the states since Oh Well. Then after 2 other much bigger hit singles, the album hits #1 well over a half year after its release.
And everyone said "This is Fleetwood Mac? Yeah, that band with the 2 ladies in it" You mean Heart? No, Fleetwood mac!"

On Ice 04-24-2021 04:49 PM

Fleetwood Mac with Hits? Who knew. Forget now who said that...

Macfan4life 04-24-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On Ice (Post 1266510)
Fleetwood Mac with Hits? Who knew. Forget now who said that...

Lindsey ...

jbrownsjr 04-24-2021 09:33 PM

Side 2 is the better side, IMO.

Crystal may be my favorite FM song ever. The FM arrangement makes this song sparkle like the sea. Pun intended.

But, I'll have to take Side 2. SYLM kicks it off, the beauty of Landslide
World Turning (BuckVie) Sugar Daddy!! and finally ISA.

Wish they had extended and made a more live feel for ISA.

but Side 2 it is.

aleuzzi 04-25-2021 09:04 AM

Side 2 hands down. I often listen to it straight through....

TrueFaith77 04-26-2021 11:53 AM

Monday Morning AND Rhiannon!

Side 1