The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Box set potential (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58981)

jbrownsjr 08-26-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1259607)
I usually rotate that in and out with Say You Love Me, to be honest. lol

We've heard enough SYLM.. I'll take Brown Eyes!!

Great list. I would love those live tracks. That band rocked!

bwboy 02-11-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrow (Post 1258930)
Now that Warners are releasing the Early Years box set chronicling 1969-74 including bonus tracks and a live set, is it inconceivable they could also do a Later Years covering 1988-2013. Here's what I have in mind.

DISC 1: Behind the Mask (+ tracks from sessions)
DISC 2: Time (+ tracks recorded before Warners forced Christine's involvement - I'm sure there must be some - and World Cup version of Blow By Blow).
DISC 3: The Dance
DISC 4: Say You Will

If Behind the Mask can’t get its own Deluxe Edition, then I could settle with combining up it with Time. As long as they include tons of BTM demos, outtakes, etc. marketing wise, it makes sense to fold the two incarnations into one. I know a BTM Deluxe Edition wouldn’t sell that much, but imagine how much a Time DE would sell!

I’m sure the Dance will get the Deluxe Edition treatment on its own; Say You Will I’m not so sure. I mean, it’s already pretty much a double album, so I don’t think there was much left off.

SteveMacD 02-11-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1264355)
Say You Will I’m not so sure. I mean, it’s already pretty much a double album, so I don’t think there was much left off.

And, it had a deluxe version when it came out.

SteveMacD 02-11-2021 03:00 PM

For BTM, I’d love to see something like what they did with Eric Clapton’s first solo album. Disc 1 was the original mix while disc 2 was the Delaney Bramlett re-mix.

Disc 1 would be the regular mix, and maybe have Ken do a remix for disc 2. Disc 3 would be outtakes, demos, etc. Maybe a disc 4 of live songs.

UnwindedDreams 02-11-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1264357)
And, it had a deluxe version when it came out.

That Bonus Version was a waste to me. Lindsey singing a Dylan song, one Stevie song (John kills it like a king on NMB) and two lousy live takes.

I Am Waiting, My Heart, and whatever other outtakes shoulda been on there. Also the cover stinks. Looks like a drape or wallpaper sample

UnwindedDreams 02-11-2021 10:19 PM

FleetwoodMac.com is selling Then Play On, Say You Will and the popular Fab 5 records. No BTM or Time. Too bad I'd actually like to get Time.

SteveMacD 02-11-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264389)
FleetwoodMac.com is selling Then Play On, Say You Will and the popular Fab 5 records. No BTM or Time. Too bad I'd actually like to get Time.

I didn’t realize it became collectible. It’s bad reputation is worse than reality. It’s better, IMO, than Penguin. Just saw one on eBay that was autographed by “Ma Ma Bramlett, Bekka’s Mom” (aka Bonnie Bramlett).

UnwindedDreams 02-11-2021 10:59 PM

BTM might be a collectible too in the U.S.A. Probably would need to buy an import from Europe of if I wanted a copy. BTM should've gotten reissued as vinyl in 2018, but they went ahead with reissuing vinyl for Dance and SYM. I guess bc those sold better?

SteveMacD 02-11-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264392)
BTM might be a collectible too in the U.S.A. Probably would need to buy an import from Europe of if I wanted a copy. BTM should've gotten reissued as vinyl in 2018, but they went ahead with reissuing vinyl for Dance and SYM. I guess bc those sold better?

BTM was issued on vinyl in 1990.

UnwindedDreams 02-11-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1264394)
BTM was issued on vinyl in 1990.

Didn't I write "reissue"?:]

HomerMcvie 02-12-2021 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264395)
Didn't I write "reissue"?:]

You've really gained traction here of late. :)

UnwindedDreams 02-12-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1264402)
You've really gained traction here of late. :)

You'll be calling me a Trailer Park Queen in no time:laugh:

HomerMcvie 02-12-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1264408)
You'll be calling me a Trailer Park Queen in no time:laugh:

Looking forward to it! :woohoo:

Macfan4life 02-14-2021 10:15 AM

I would LOVE a reissue of BTM but it will never happen. This era wants to be forgotten. But I would have never expected a reissue or deluxe of The Live album so I have to correct myself. NEVER say NEVER ;)

I just dont think the album was successful enough for a record company to make a deluxe edition. But could you imagine the raw demos, the left over tracks, and give us the professionally recorded live show in London (which rocks btw).

UnwindedDreams 02-14-2021 10:42 AM

I'd enjoy unreleased BTM time period tracks. I'm not a fan of the BTM album because I think it's too much of an easy listening/ perhaps adult contemporary album; I'd love to be able to like it but I can't listen to it. Yet I love Say You Will because I think it's a weird album. And I think SYW was mixed immaculately