The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   USA Weekend Interview (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54259)

nicole21290 09-24-2014 10:11 AM

USA Weekend Interview

http://partners.usaweekend.com/sept28/

Cover story: Fleetwood Mac
This fall, Fleetwood Mac hits the road with the band's classic lineup featuring Christine McVie, who returns after a 15-year absence. The legendary group talks to USA WEEKEND about McVie's return and preparing for their new tour.

Well, I won't be able to get the print copy of the interview not being in the US and all. However, the cover is...

http://static.squarespace.com/static...40928cover.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on this one, WildHearted. :)

louielouie2000 09-24-2014 10:25 AM

Mick looks so dour in all of these new pics!

KenshiMaster16 09-24-2014 10:51 AM

That would make a hilarious album cover (band aids included) :lol:

bethelblues 09-24-2014 10:59 AM

Anyone know when their taped junket interviews will air? Haven't seen any promotions like they did last year on all the entertainment news shows.

bombaysaffires 09-24-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1144127)
Mick looks so dour in all of these new pics!

He's hungry :)

Kena 09-24-2014 11:31 AM

That is a fine looking group of folks! Christine looks so hip.

But the Band aids? Seriously!!!!

Tango 09-24-2014 11:44 AM

John still looks like he's recovering. I'm glad Christine is coming back. The McVies together at last.

Johnny Stew 09-24-2014 11:59 AM

I'm thrilled that Christine has returned to Fleetwood Mac for so many reasons that I can't even begin to list them all -- but, on that list, is definitely the fact that we've gotten several NEW pics of the band, instead of just re-hashed photos from 2003.

I wonder how many shots Danny Clinch actually took of them back in March. I'm anxious to see more.

michelej1 09-24-2014 12:17 PM

Very nice. Thank you.

Michele

PenguinHead 09-24-2014 01:59 PM

Christine is the only one who looks like she's enjoying herself. I hope John is strong enough to sustain the tour, and the demands of being on the road don't diminish his health and recovery. They all look a little too moody and gloomy. I wish they would sometimes lighten up a bit. Lindsey and Stevie look they are wearing similar alien uniforms and just disembarked from from their dark force spaceship.

The band-aid concept is creative and serves as a fitting metaphor.

Wdm6789 09-24-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1144151)
Christine is the only one who looks like she's enjoying herself. I hope John is strong enough to sustain the tour, and the demands of being on the road don't diminish his health and recovery. They all look a little too moody and gloomy. I wish they would sometimes lighten up a bit. Lindsey and Stevie look they are wearing similar alien uniforms and just disembarked from from their dark force spaceship.

The band-aid concept is creative and serves as a fitting metaphor.

I bet Mick is really excited. From what I always read about him, I get the feeling the band is the most important to him in a like sentimental way. They always say Mick has always held them together. I think Stevie was happy to have Christine back but she probably would have rather it happened in 2008/2009 during the Unleashed tour. Lindsey was probably the biggest bitch out of the four about Christine returning, but they welcomed him back in 1997. John is probably just tired. I'm just glad that one way or another they are all willing to support Christine and do this for her, and the fans of course, who never thought this would happen. I really don't think it's about the money, they all have plenty and they're all about 70 years old, what do they need it for? I really think it's all for Christine and the fans. Yes the tickets are expensive but it's like that for all concerts these days. I have probably spent $5000-$10,000 on tickets in the last year but I don't regret it, I got to cross a lot off my bucket list. Steely Dan, Elton John, and Paul McCartney just to name a few. You can imagine how expensive Paul's tickets were, he was the only show I didn't get seats within the first ten rows. I had to get 12th row lol because his prices were astronomical. Does anyone know the likelihood of The Eagles coming around again? I missed them in 2013 and that's the last band I need to see to cross all my favorite bands off my bucket list.

BigAl84 09-24-2014 03:40 PM

John looks like the grumpy cat.

Stevie and Lindsey, it's called COLOR. Try it sometime. What about a smile for a change too!

Sometimes I just want to say, if it's such a chore to be in this band and if it's so bad, just shut up and call it a day.

I also have to wonder and I hate this thought, I wonder if Christine's return as much as they love her, maybe it was the total shake up that they were just not looking for at this time. Oh crap, the pressure is on now. It's like they've spent the past 5 years in a certain rut and now Christine is rested and ready to roll, I don't think they were ready for that yet. I have to wonder if they were all considering calling it a day and then boom, Christine decided to come back. Now what.

I sound negative and I don't mean to be. You would think with such great things going on in this band, they would be a little more thrilled....or at least be better at showing it.

MikeVielhaber 09-24-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1144171)
John looks like the grumpy cat.

Stevie and Lindsey, it's called COLOR. Try it sometime. What about a smile for a change too!

Sometimes I just want to say, if it's such a chore to be in this band and if it's so bad, just shut up and call it a day.

I also have to wonder and I hate this thought, I wonder if Christine's return as much as they love her, maybe it was the total shake up that they were just not looking for at this time. Oh crap, the pressure is on now. It's like they've spent the past 5 years in a certain rut and now Christine is rested and ready to roll, I don't think they were ready for that yet. I have to wonder if they were all considering calling it a day and then boom, Christine decided to come back. Now what.

I sound negative and I don't mean to be. You would think with such great things going on in this band, they would be a little more thrilled....or at least be better at showing it.

You really read all that from this one picture where they obviously decided not to smile as a group. I don't remember any promotional photo of theirs where they're smiling actually. This is not out of character at all. They must've been miserable their whole career.

BigAl84 09-24-2014 04:20 PM

LOL I think those were my collective thoughts about the band right now, sparked by the photo...maybe i'm a little cranky today. I won't deny that. Ha

StreetAngel86 09-24-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1144128)
That would make a hilarious album cover (band aids included) :lol:

those bandaids are fkn UGLY
why ruin the pic with that

but yes ... album cover would be hilarious
i love the X over SnL: :lol::lol::lol: