The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Next Year (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58671)

TrueFaith77 05-08-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon (Post 1252494)
Fleetwood Mac needs to take time off and make and execute decisions to remain relevant. Mike Campbell has the Dirty Knobs and possibly the Heartbreakers. Neil Finn has a solo career and possibly Crowded House.

I suspect there is a reason Mick didn't pick artists who would become full-time Mac members. All this "new" band talk is a lie.

It's the final cashgrab.

Glad Lindsey got some of his.

I'm not sorry I missed it (I would never pay to hear "Don't Dream It's Over--EVER), but I am truly sorry I didn't see the previous two tours because like a whiny baby I wanted a new album. But I saw Unleashed, which was great, and I saw BuckVie, which was lovely.

Here's hoping Lindsey gets better so I can still see one of them on tour in the future.

secret love 05-15-2019 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1252541)
I suspect there is a reason Mick didn't pick artists who would become full-time Mac members. All this "new" band talk is a lie.

It's the final cashgrab.

I'm not sorry I missed it (I would never pay to hear "Don't Dream It's Over--EVER), but I am truly sorry I didn't see the previous two tours because like a whiny baby I wanted a new album. But I saw Unleashed, which was great, and I saw BuckVie, which was lovely.

Here's hoping Lindsey gets better so I can still see one of them on tour in the future.

They are full-time Mac members. Already. And they were chosen by the whole quartet, not just by Mick. Billy Burnette also auditioned but was not selected.
I disagree about it being the final cash grab, but if it is the final cash grab, how can Lindsey claim to be morally superior when he sued to get... you guessed it... his final cash grab?
Don't Dream It's Over is a beautiful song, regardless of whether it is performed by Crowded House or Fleetwood Mac.
I have only seen Fleetwood Mac once, in Sydney on the On With the Show tour. They were fantastic. I'd count yourself very lucky to have seen BuckVie. They didn't come to Australia, so I missed out.

Feather Blade 05-15-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1252655)
They are full-time Mac members. Already. And they were chosen by the whole quartet, not just by Mick. Billy Burnette also auditioned but was not selected.
I disagree about it being the final cash grab, but if it is the final cash grab, how can Lindsey claim to be morally superior when he sued to get... you guessed it... his final cash grab?
Don't Dream It's Over is a beautiful song, regardless of whether it is performed by Crowded House or Fleetwood Mac.
I have only seen Fleetwood Mac once, in Sydney on the On With the Show tour. They were fantastic. I'd count yourself very lucky to have seen BuckVie. They didn't come to Australia, so I missed out.

I remember seeing how much you hoped that they would make it down to Australia. Were you able to get tickets to any of the shows?

cactusjack 05-26-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1252541)

It's the final cashgrab.

so you've missed 3 tours of a rapidly aging band with a finite life left, just because they didn't do everything EXACTLY as you wanted? slow clap...

bombaysaffires 05-26-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1252655)

Lindsey sued to make a point. When someone screws you over, you don't just lie down and take it. He chose to hit them where it matters to them the most.

secret love 05-26-2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1252661)
I remember seeing how much you hoped that they would make it down to Australia. Were you able to get tickets to any of the shows?

Maybe, there are some seats reserved by a website called Lane One which is linked to American Express but also has tickets available to non-cardholders.

I want to go to the first Sydney show. We shall see.

secret love 05-26-2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1252931)
Lindsey sued to make a point. When someone screws you over, you don't just lie down and take it. He chose to hit them where it matters to them the most.

How childish, to feel the need "to make a point" by suing and engaging lawyers and buckets of your own money. :distress:
I thought he was better than that, and not all about money or getting revenge, him suing to me just shows he is on the same level as Stevie and Mick.

jmn3 05-26-2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1252934)
How childish, to feel the need "to make a point" by suing and engaging lawyers and buckets of your own money. :distress:
I thought he was better than that, and not all about money or getting revenge, him suing to me just shows he is on the same level as Stevie and Mick.

It’s not childish at all. It’s a business, as so many have said. Mick chose Stevie over Lindsey because of business sense. This is what the narrative has been around here for a year plus. Lindsey clearly felt that the decision violated a contractual agreement that the band made to tour, including him. They settled to make it go away which indicates that they either felt he was right or that they didn’t have enough legally to disprove his assertions.

My God, the hypocrisy by so many around here (Lindsey is on the same level as Mick and Stevie....but Mick and Stevie just did what they did for the sake of the band) never ceases to amaze me.

lovethemac1 05-26-2019 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1252934)

You want to talk childish? Stevie still wins for the most childish behaviour of all.

secret love 05-28-2019 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1252935)
It’s not childish at all. It’s a business, as so many have said. Mick chose Stevie over Lindsey because of business sense. This is what the narrative has been around here for a year plus. Lindsey clearly felt that the decision violated a contractual agreement that the band made to tour, including him. They settled to make it go away which indicates that they either felt he was right or that they didn’t have enough legally to disprove his assertions.

My God, the hypocrisy by so many around here (Lindsey is on the same level as Mick and Stevie....but Mick and Stevie just did what they did for the sake of the band) never ceases to amaze me.

Don't verbal me. Don't misrepresent my position. No, they did not do it for the sake of the band. But no, they did not do it for the sake of the money, either. They would have made even more money if they stuck with Lindsey, don't you think?

Look at the setlist this time around. Blues band hits and rarities. Cover songs. Isn't it Midnight. Lindsey purportedly did not want to do blues songs. And a lot of fans including myself wanted to hear him sing the blues songs of Fleetwood Mac's founder.

The band changed to change the setlist and to stay relevant. Ok, no new music, and that for one is a monetary decision.

BigAl84 05-28-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1252967)

The band changed to change the setlist and to stay relevant.

LOL please tell me this is sarcasm, right?

Most of the interesting things they added to the set have since been taken off the set.

Fleetwood Mac is way more relevant now that they are covering Tom Petty with a member of the Heartbreakers and Crowded House singing Lindsey Buckingham tunes....riiiiiggghht.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Zcz0gC...AL3I/giphy.gif

jmn3 05-28-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Don't verbal me. Don't misrepresent my position. No, they did not do it for the sake of the band. But no, they did not do it for the sake of the money, either. They would have made even more money if they stuck with Lindsey, don't you think?

Look at the setlist this time around. Blues band hits and rarities. Cover songs. Isn't it Midnight. Lindsey purportedly did not want to do blues songs. And a lot of fans including myself wanted to hear him sing the blues songs of Fleetwood Mac's founder.

The band changed to change the setlist and to stay relevant. Ok, no new music, and that for one is a monetary decision.

Okay....what? I don't even follow any of this. But..

They took the most interesting parts of the new setlist and got rid of them. Stevie bastardizing Black Magic Woman is a big shrug moment for me. You mention Isn't it Midnight - which was replaced with the far more well known Hold Me. Neil sounded fantastic on Hypnotized. That lasted long... Don't Dream It's Over and Free Fallin' in a Fleetwood Mac setlist are simply appalling.

jeets2000 05-29-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

I triple checked the date on this post to make sure I wasn't somehow in a VERY old thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1252976)
Okay....what? I don't even follow any of this. But..

They took the most interesting parts of the new setlist and got rid of them. Stevie bastardizing Black Magic Woman is a big shrug moment for me. You mention Isn't it Midnight - which was replaced with the far more well known Hold Me. Neil sounded fantastic on Hypnotized. That lasted long... Don't Dream It's Over and Free Fallin' in a Fleetwood Mac setlist are simply appalling.

^^^All of this is spot on.

TheWildHeart67 07-07-2019 07:35 PM

I hope this is the last tour. It's time.

dontlookdown 07-08-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1252487)
I doubt they will ask Lindsey to rejoin. Not gonna happen.

He probably will be back if they ask him to. Maybe that changed after his heart surgery. Hard to tell since no one is talking.

Stevie won't leave FM. Ever. She swore she won't be the one to break up the band. And she kept her promise. She chose to fire Lindsey instead.

Mick worships the ground Stevie walks on. He won't betray her with Lindsey. None of them will betray her with Lindsey. They're a united front now.

Stevie Nicks broke up Fleetwood Mac as we knew them. Despite what she wants to believe, she killed the band.

Based on what i've heard from a few music people in LA, this tour is a one-off situation and there is no intention to continue FM with Mike and Neil. I think they're done and I think they're aware that this is the public perception. It's almost as if they decided to go out with negative drama, instead of on a high note.