The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MOVIES you watched this week? (DVD) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39417)

iamnotafraid 09-08-2009 10:22 PM

John Fogerty Premonition..........good music.

David 09-14-2009 12:33 PM

Ok, I just saw RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION & I didn't think much of it. It all looked like a commercial for Gillette hi-tech razor, because all the men had afternoon shadows & all the women had some hair in their armpits. Even the zombies were growing a lot of facial hair. The film also had the usual amount of unbelievability (guy being chased by zombie birds runs to the safety of a bus, but instead of hauling his ass through the door & shutting it -- which is what a real person would have done -- he stops for a few moments in order to turn around & fire off a useless round or two at twelve gazillion birds) & cartoonish action (chop-suey fighting with zombies until one smart chap finally had the brains to get a flame-thrower).

These dumber-than-dumb action flicks always use the same color palette, too. Have you noticed? Everything is the same steely-gray & two or three shades of abiotic green.

The film is also a barrage of film references: THE BIRDS, PLANET OF THE APES, DAWN OF THE DEAD, MAD MAX, THE MATRIX, ALIENS, TREMORS, & on & on & on & on. But not a single reference was deft or clever. I think there were more references than zombies at one point.

This stupidity was directed by Russell Mulcahy, who used to direct videos for MTV (including Fleetwood Mac's GYPSY). His filmography tells an interesting moral story: He has never made a decent picture & shows no signs of ever doing so. Who gives him money?

TrueFaith77 09-15-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 842382)

This stupidity was directed by Russell Mulcahy, who used to direct videos for MTV (including Fleetwood Mac's GYPSY). His filmography tells an interesting moral story: He has never made a decent picture & shows no signs of ever doing so. Who gives him money?

I disagree.

Ricochet is an amazing movie that uncannily captures the temper of its moment; Mulcahy's wide-screen compositions vivify the times in that movie. I thrill to it often.

iamnotafraid 09-16-2009 01:57 AM

Final Destination. Figured I'd give this a try. One
down two to go. Not bad for this "type" of a movie.

Ghost_Tracker 09-16-2009 03:19 PM

I saw a movie last night with Julianne Moore and Hugh Grant - I forget the title but it was a nice romantic comedy. Had Robin Williams in it too.

Anyway - - - I already knew that there was "something about" Juliane Moore but o.m.g. - - - She was STUNNING when she was young! Even Hugh Grant was like - "OHHHhhh wow!" - you could "just tell." (i.m.o., of course.)

Anyway - Yeah - wow!!! :blob2:

iamnotafraid 12-03-2009 04:20 AM

I'm a little behind on my movies, but tonight I watched Paper Heart.

I thought it was very good. Unique to say the least. If you rent this Docu/Comedy
make sure to watch the extras. Charlyne Yi and Michael Cera did a good job.

EnchantedKiwi 12-03-2009 04:41 AM

I watched "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock for the first time yesterday! I thought it was pretty good, but not as scarey as people have said :rolleyes: lol

Oh and Paul Blart: Mall Cop, such a waste of time Zzzz

iamnotafraid 12-03-2009 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi (Post 858100)
I watched "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock for the first time yesterday!

^
Cool movie!

The Mall cop.......I can't stand looking at that dude.

GODDESS6 12-03-2009 08:18 AM

four christmases
taking of pelham123
plain truth
the killing secret

estranged4life 12-03-2009 09:37 AM

Hmmm...

"War of the Worlds"
"Cannonball Run"
"The Final Countdown"
"The Wrestler"
"Christmas Time in South Park"

desertangel 12-03-2009 09:38 AM

If Sunset Blvd. was my last post then I'm waaay behind on this thread...

Omega Man - always good for a laugh, even though it's not a comedy, it's just very 'old'
On the Waterfront - Brilliant... I LOVED it!
Key Largo - Dare I say, YAWN
To Catch a Thief - Loved Grace and Cary
Benjamin Button - Enjoyed the storyline, very unique
Pillow Talk - saw this at the local historic theater, last in the fall classic film series

Up next = Roman Holiday

gretchen 12-03-2009 12:04 PM

The Unborn
The American President (one of my faves!)
Summer Catch
Rosemary's Baby
Kate And Leopold (also ones of my faves)
The Breed

LiamMcConville 12-03-2009 01:01 PM

http://12.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kp...o16po1_400.jpg

GODDESS6 12-03-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamMcConville (Post 858131)

love, love this movie!!!~

LiamMcConville 12-03-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODDESS6 (Post 858142)
love, love this movie!!!~

Mary Tyler Moore is a ****ing psycho, surprisingly enough. :distress: :lol: