The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Non C/S songs (BTM) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59483)

Villavic 02-28-2022 07:00 AM

Non C/S songs (BTM)

Favorite Behind the Mask song, not written/co-written by C. McVie or S. Nicks

Yes, in the Back of My Mind was not co-written by Christine, but since she has an important main vocal participation there, I chose to excluded it. This poll is aimed to Billy/Rick songs mainly.

Macfan4life 02-28-2022 10:40 AM

I voted for When It Comes To Love. I love the harmonies with Billy and Chris

1. When it comes to love
2. When the sun goes down
3. Stand on the Rock
4. Hard Feelings

But In The Back Of My Mind is a Billy song so that would really be my #1.

FuzzyPlum 02-28-2022 01:42 PM

1) When it Comes to Love
2) Hard Feelings
3) Stand on the Rock
4) When the Sun Goes Down

In truth I really don't quite get the rationale behind omitting In The Back of My Mind. Christine has some vocals on it, but come on, it's far from being associated as a Christine song.
As Macfan4life says, ITBOMM would have been number 1. Its one of the few stand out tracks on an otherwise lackluster album.

HomerMcvie 02-28-2022 02:16 PM

I voted Hard Feelings because it's the best ear worm. After I hear it, I'll have that damned chorus stuck in my head for DAYS.

Macfan4life 02-28-2022 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1273070)
I voted Hard Feelings because it's the best ear worm. After I hear it, I'll have that damned chorus stuck in my head for DAYS.

I have always wondered why I had worms in my ears after hearing the song

HomerMcvie 02-28-2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1273073)
I have always wondered why I had worms in my ears after hearing the song

They may have crawled upwards from regions south. :wavey::woohoo::lol:

On Ice 03-02-2022 08:03 AM

I am a self confessed Behind the Masker from the dark ages of 1990 so at the time, I loved all of them. Alas, the album has not aged well and my age has since more than doubled so it leaves me with a feeling of let down :). Of this list, When It Comes to Love, shouldn't be no pressure. But, like others have said In the Back of My Mind is where it's at for the newbies of the day- I used to crank the intro and air guitar my way through to Billy and Stevie's vocals that sounded great in 1990. I just about lost my you know what when it opened the show, I had chills hearing this great track live.

BLY 03-02-2022 07:17 PM

1. When it comes to love
2. When the sun goes down
3. Hard Feelings
4. Stand on the Rock

moon 03-07-2022 02:26 PM

Definitely, When It Comes To Love is my favourite from this list, and probably one of my favs of the whole album. I really like it! I agree with the harmony vocals of Chris and Billy, even when Hard Feelings has another good vocal work there

SteveMacD 03-07-2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1273064)
Yes, in the Back of My Mind was not co-written by Christine, but since she has an important main vocal participation there, I chose to excluded it. This poll is aimed to Billy/Rick songs mainly.

But you included “When It Comes To Love,” which was a full-on duet between Christine and Billy :confused:

Villavic 03-08-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1273187)
But you included “When It Comes To Love,” which was a full-on duet between Christine and Billy :confused:

Yes, my mistake. It was because, for some reason, that song was not ripped from my cd. I really don't know why, probably a sw error. So I forgot that song, I haven't heard it in years. And when I read the track listing at the web (for this poll) I read authors but not vocals.

I usually play songs just in my ipod touch. Yeah, I still use that device. And WICTL is not there, for the reason I mentioned.

Murrow 03-26-2022 06:50 PM

Here I am, the only one who voted Stand on the Rock.

I'm surprised at the appeal of When it Comes to Love. To me it sounds more suited to Climie Fisher and I suspect Simon Climie and Dennis Morgan had rather more to do with the writing of it than Billy did.

Makes a good cooling down number as the album approaches its end though.