The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cheese or Bacon? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52155)

KarmaContestant 06-05-2013 01:41 PM

Cheese or Bacon?

Pick one. Cheese or Bacon.

It's harder than you think.

Even this vegetarian is tempted by the smoky saltiness of bacon, but facts are facts: a life without bacon is easy - a life without cheese sounds like hell and misery.

So, Ledgies, who should win this food fight? Cast your vote.

I included a vegan option for those poor, unfortunate souls who refrain from both cheese and bacon, or for those who prefer chemistry to real food (aka soy cheese and facon, packed with GMO goodness). :laugh:

chiliD 06-05-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1095106)
Pick one. Cheese or Bacon.

It's harder than you think.

Even this vegetarian is tempted by the smoky saltiness of bacon, but facts are facts: a life without bacon is easy - a life without cheese sounds like hell and misery.

So, Ledgies, who should win this food fight? Cast your vote.

I included a vegan option for those poor, unfortunate souls who refrain from both cheese and bacon, or for those who prefer chemistry to real food (aka soy cheese and facon, packed with GMO goodness). :laugh:

After reading his autobio, I found it kind of funny that for all the drugs & alcohol that Keith Richards has purportedly consumed, he avoids cheese like Superman avoids kryptonite. Says it just grosses him out. :laugh: "Sure, mate, gimme some black tar heroin, but you can stuff that mozzerella!"

GypsySorcerer 06-05-2013 08:53 PM

Cheese. It's a food group in my book.

Macfanforever 06-05-2013 10:12 PM

I dont eat much bacon but cheese yes and alittle to much of it.

MacShadowsBall 06-05-2013 10:50 PM

I love bacon cheeseburgers, but "both" wasn't an option. Though, I can't have much dairy as it make me, um, eh, ay, have..."bathroom issues" . :shrug:

KarmaContestant 06-06-2013 10:08 AM

Thanks guys. :laugh: I had to make ths poll after a co-worker insisted that bacon would win.

HomerMcvie 06-06-2013 02:28 PM

I want an option for both. But I'm with your coworker...bacon for the win.

KarmaContestant 06-06-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1095257)
I want an option for both. But I'm with your coworker...bacon for the win.

I didn't give an option for both, because the point of a poll is to choose one or the other, or to not participate. Like an election. :laugh: . I wanted people to really think about the rest of their lives, only being able to eat one of these foods. Cheese, *or* bacon.

I personally find the choice of bacon a bit bizarre. It's such a situational food, whereas cheese is an integral part of foods from all over the world. Pizza, lasagna, cheeseburgers, nachos, enchiladas, tacos, omlettes, breakfast skillets, grilled cheese(!).

Dex 06-06-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1095262)
I personally find the choice of bacon a bit bizarre. It's such a situational food, whereas cheese is an integral part of foods from all over the world. Pizza, lasagna, cheeseburgers, nachos, enchiladas, tacos, omlettes, breakfast skillets, grilled cheese(!).

No. This is the opposite of what is true. ;) Bacon can make anything delicious. I've baked bacon into chocolate chip cookies which were a revelation of salty prostate-cancer-causey flavour goodness. I seriously can't think of a single thing that bacon doesn't work with. And if you think you can, you probably just haven't tried it.

Cheese on the other hand, always makes things taste... Cheesey. And it's really only used in the cuisine of Europe and the heavily European-influenced Americas. It's almost completely absent in all of Asia, for example. The same is probably true of bacon, but I think you're grossly overstating cheese's importance and underestimating bacon's flexibility.

Bacon FTW!

louielouie2000 06-06-2013 06:24 PM

I love bacon, but don't eat it very often. Since I eat cheese daily & wouldn't want to live life without it, cheese wins! :laugh:

TrueFaith77 06-06-2013 08:20 PM

Bacon would make ice cream better.

Silver23 06-08-2013 10:33 PM

Depends what type of cheese and where the bacon comes from.

Does non-dairy cheese fall into this category?

I'm sensitive to a large amount of dairy products, so I tend to eat non-dairy cheeses. I find some to be better than bacon.

However, if one were to compare a dairy cheese to my father's habitually over-crisp bacon, the cheese would win by a landslide. haha.

paleshadow 06-09-2013 03:48 PM

I voted for cheese because you can get smoked varieties of cheese that would sort of mimic the taste of bacon, but there is no bacon that mimics the taste of cheese.

Dex 06-10-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paleshadow (Post 1095467)
I voted for cheese because you can get smoked varieties of cheese that would sort of mimic the taste of bacon, but there is no bacon that mimics the taste of cheese.

I choose to interpret any vote for cheese because it sometimes tastes like bacon as really a secret vote for bacon. ;)

I guess I get your point. But I'd be terribly disappointed if I ever had bacon that tasted of cheese. Noooo thank you.

Dodfather 06-10-2013 12:19 PM

I'd love an option for both but since there isn't one it would have to be cheese. Mmmmm....cheese.....