The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Christine McVie- Services (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59771)

OutsideTheRain 12-08-2022 02:59 PM

Christine McVie- Services

Hi All- Has there been any word yet on a funeral service (public or private) for our Christine?

Penguin Emeritus 12-08-2022 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutsideTheRain (Post 1279960)
Hi All- Has there been any word yet on a funeral service (public or private) for our Christine?

I'm wondering if the family just had their own quick, private thing. They probably have no desire to share any info with the public.

I do know for certain that John was at Julien's auction last weekend, on Sunday. No Mick. Poor John was answering questions about some of his basses.

What a wretched day must have been for him, having to deal w this **** in public, and selling such big parts of their lives so soon after Chris died. Probably the last thing he wanted to do; in the past this type of thing would have been something he'd most likely have avoided. But maybe he did it knowing how much time she'd put into all that, and how important it was to her. She'd been very involved in curating that for about a year. So i guess showing up there was one last thing he could do for her. 😢 makes me sad. that could not have been an easy day.

--Lis

SteveMacD 12-08-2022 07:25 PM

I wonder if the original plan was for the three day of them to go and make it their farewell?

That had to be really rough for John. Or, maybe talking about equipment provided a much needed distraction.

Penguin Emeritus 12-08-2022 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1279970)
I wonder if the original plan was for the three day of them to go and make it their farewell?

That had to be really rough for John. Or, maybe talking about equipment provided a much needed distraction.

Maybe it did provide some distraction. I'm surprised Mick didn't go as this sort of thing is far more up his alley, but who could even enjoy any part of it right now?

But imagine if the plan had been for all 3 to attend... and instead there's poor John alone, surrounded by rooms full of 50 years of their stuff, memories of their life and career, being auctioned off to strangers...only 4 days after she's passed away. it all sounds pretty horrific, honestly. I really admire his strength in getting through that day.

--Lis

HomerMcvie 12-08-2022 08:25 PM

Even though they've been divorced for 45 years, they were never separated, with Fleetwood Mac.

I would guess that this was horrible for him. I can't even imagine.

SteveMacD 12-08-2022 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279973)
Even though they've been divorced for 45 years, they were never separated, with Fleetwood Mac.

I would guess that this was horrible for him. I can't even imagine.

She was part of his life in some way or another for 55 years.

The Catdancer 12-09-2022 12:42 AM

Stevie posted that she'd been watching The People's Choice Awards and today about Brittney Griner coming home so I assume she was home.
I thought maybe the services were over the weekend but John was at the auction on Sunday (poor guy) and I doubt he would miss Christine's burial.
I saw some pictures online but those turned out to be fake.