The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Behind The Mask turns 31 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59206)

HomerMcvie 04-02-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1266007)
If Homer and jbrownsjr say Temporary One sucks, then who are we to disagree?!? They are the Christine McVie authority here! Still, of all the singer/songwriters in FM, she is the most consistent one. There are some songs by Stevie and Lindsey that I hate, but I can’t say that about any of Christine’s songs, though. Well, except for Temporary One. And maybe One More Night.

One More Night is a snoozer, too! It's on par with Oh Daddy!

aleuzzi 04-02-2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266009)
One More Night is a snoozer, too! It's on par with Oh Daddy!

Oh Daddy is a masterpiece. One of the greatest songs in the FM catalog. But hey, my saying so isn’t going to change your mind.

aleuzzi 04-02-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266002)
Temporary One blows goats. Lame assed song.

I love it. The song. Your image is colorful and disturbing. But it’s the song I love.

HomerMcvie 04-02-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1266012)
Oh Daddy is a masterpiece. One of the greatest songs in the FM catalog. But hey, my saying so isn’t going to change your mind.

Oh Daddy is too sleepy for me. I tolerated for all those years until Mick claimed it was about him. Then I lost all interest! :laugh:

aleuzzi 04-02-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266014)
Oh Daddy is too sleepy for me. I tolerated for all those years until Mick claimed it was about him. Then I lost all interest! :laugh:

His claim is so obnoxious. He so desperately wants a song on Rumours to be about him.

HomerMcvie 04-02-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1266015)
His claim is so obnoxious. He so desperately wants a song on Rumours to be about him.

Mick is a LOSER. I'm sure they all know it. They waited TWENTY YEARS to claim it was about him. And THEY didn't claim it. Loser did. Poor Christine towed the company line and went along, like she always has, and went along with his claim.

aleuzzi 04-03-2021 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266016)
Mick is a LOSER. I'm sure they all know it. They waited TWENTY YEARS to claim it was about him. And THEY didn't claim it. Loser did. Poor Christine towed the company line and went along, like she always has, and went along with his claim.

And you can see how uncomfortable the lie makes her when she toes that line. She only ever repeats what Mick says (“he was the father of the group”) but doesn’t (can’t) explain or describe the creative impulses that went into the tune as she does with her other RUMOURS songs. She’s so obviously just letting him have his delusion.

mitzo 04-03-2021 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266014)

I love sleepy. Not everything has to be toe-tapping, finger-snapping fun. Art is not a sock hop.

Macfan4life 04-03-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1266019)
I love sleepy. Not everything has to be toe-tapping, finger-snapping fun. Art is not a sock hop.

Oh Daddy is not sleepy. Its an orchestra of mystical 70's guitar, percussion and keyboards. When I hear the music, I picture an early morning somewhere when the sun is breaking and mist and fog all about. yes the music is so good it puts visuals in my head.

HomerMcvie 04-03-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1266019)

Think About Me is my favorite FM song of all time, because it's perfect, containing all of the above, except sleepy.

That.Is.All.:lol:

bwboy 04-03-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266023)
Think About Me is my favorite FM song of all time, because it's perfect, containing all of the above, except sleepy.

:shocked: Wow, that is high praise indeed! I love it, too. It’s not my favorite, but definitely one of my favorites. I really love the ending, it kind of reminds me of the girl group songs of the sixties, and that is a total compliment. Think About Me is about as joyous as FM ever let themselves sound.

HomerMcvie 04-03-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1266025)
:shocked: Wow, that is high praise indeed! I love it, too. It’s not my favorite, but definitely one of my favorites. I really love the ending, it kind of reminds me of the girl group songs of the sixties, and that is a total compliment. Think About Me is about as joyous as FM ever let themselves sound.

Agreed. You Make Loving Fun would probably be it's runner up, as the the happiest song they ever recorded.

TAM instantly puts me in a good mood, and I crank TF out of the stereo!

mitzo 04-03-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266023)

It's OK. Quite generic FM midtempo stuff, really.

HomerMcvie 04-03-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1266027)
It's OK. Quite generic FM midtempo stuff, really.

And you hate Lindsey. We get it. Curmudgeon! :lol::cool:

michelej1 04-03-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1265970)
I can’t listen to “Skies the Limit.” I hate this song. It’s rare that any of Christine’s lesser songs fail to reach an acceptable standard, but this one truly stinks. An embarrassment. Once that decent opening verse runs its course, I start to cringe.

You’re just mad about the spelling.