The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Stevie’s message to Lindsey after his heart attack (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59045)

Jondalar 10-01-2020 02:38 AM

Stevie’s message to Lindsey after his heart attack

So Stevie said in a recent interview to the LA Times posted in her forum that she wrote a note to Lindsey after his heart attack, which said -

“You better take care of yourself. You better take it easy and you better do everything they tell you and get your voice back and feel the grace that you have made it through this,” she recalled.

How weak is that? She acts like the whole thing was no big deal. Does she not realize just how badly she affected Lindsey? Everything revolves around her.

sue 10-01-2020 03:50 AM

This must have been a really short message, not even notelet size..
Lindsey’s family never mentioned it at all.

In fact didn’t his wife say no one from Fmac had been in touch, after his heart attack.

jbrownsjr 10-01-2020 07:44 AM

I posted the article in the Rumours section because it involves both members.

elle 10-01-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1260268)
This must have been a really short message, not even notelet size..
Lindsey’s family never mentioned it at all.

In fact didn’t his wife say no one from Fmac had been in touch, after his heart attack.

yep i think she or Lindsey may have said it somewhere. somehow that message sounds imaginary, and never sent.

the whole original article is in LA Times, and in it Stevie gripes about FM fans replying to her on social media after her self-aggrandizing post about Notorious RBG, with their complaints for getting Lindsey kicked out. so this almost sounds like a damage control - sprinkling lots of airy fairy farts around but basically finally admitting she got him fired and there was no reason whatsoever except her personally being unhappy in FM.

she goes on and on enough that NME or some other magazine at first had a headline that she sent a message to her ex-husband. apparently the ghost of her dad told her it's time she divorced LB in 2018, after they were together since 1968. :D but that's all water under the bridge now and people should forget what she did to FM instead of replying to her about it 2 years later.

Jondalar 10-01-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1260283)
yep i think she or Lindsey may have said it somewhere. somehow that message sounds imaginary, and never sent.

the whole original article is in LA Times, and in it Stevie gripes about FM fans replying to her on social media after her self-aggrandizing post about Notorious RBG, with their complaints for getting Lindsey kicked out. so this almost sounds like a damage control - sprinkling lots of airy fairy farts around but basically finally admitting she got him fired and there was no reason whatsoever except her personally being unhappy in FM.

she goes on and on enough that NME or some other magazine at first had a headline that she sent a message to her ex-husband. apparently the ghost of her dad told her it's time she divorced LB in 2018, after they were together since 1968. :D but that's all water under the bridge now and people should forget what she did to FM instead of replying to her about it 2 years later.

She must not realize that we will never forget what she ruined.

TrueFaith77 10-01-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1260286)
She must not realize that we will never forget what she ruined.

The tragedy of the article is that she discusses his firing because SHE was no longer happy in Fleetwood Mac, but preferred to be a solo artist. So why didn't she quit? "Hey Buck-Mac shows you guys have more to do as a four-some: best of luck! love you!" Instead, she fired him and she lied about him to the world. If she had quit and gone solo, I would still love her more than my mother.

The irony, obviously, is that her alleged note, a bid for sympathy, is disgusting: It's like best wishes from Lee Harvey Oswald to JFK. How about an apology???!!!!

Now she's going to do a solo album and there will never be new Fleetwood Mac music again. Are you happy, Mick?

p.s. - i think i was one of those people responding to her RBG post hahaha

sleepless child 10-01-2020 01:44 PM

If she did send this note, I hope they balled it up and threw it in the trash.

No apology at all and in the article she says how sad she is about Lindsey's firing. PLease girl. You are the one who did it. She really has such a big ego that she thought Fleetwood Mac was all about her. That getting rid of Lindsey wouldn't upset FM fans. She is very out of touch. There are several things in this article that upset me, but this was the worse.

sodascouts 10-01-2020 08:09 PM

It never occurred to me she was lying about the note. Let's hope she hasn't stooped that far!

button-lip 10-01-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1260292)
The tragedy of the article is that she discusses his firing because SHE was no longer happy in Fleetwood Mac, but preferred to be a solo artist. So why didn't she quit? "Hey Buck-Mac shows you guys have more to do as a four-some: best of luck! love you!" Instead, she fired him and she lied about him to the world. If she had quit and gone solo, I would still love her more than my mother.

The irony, obviously, is that her alleged note, a bid for sympathy, is disgusting: It's like best wishes from Lee Harvey Oswald to JFK. How about an apology???!!!!

Now she's going to do a solo album and there will never be new Fleetwood Mac music again. Are you happy, Mick?

p.s. - i think i was one of those people responding to her RBG post hahaha

She didn't quit because she stated numerous times that she would never be the one to break FM apart. So instead of doing the most honorable thing she said: "hey, if I still have to stay in FM at least I'm gonna spend my last couple of years without seeing Lindsey's face". She's a liar, awful, disgusting, pathetic, lonely human being.

Mick has what he deserves. I hope they never tour again.

HomerMcvie 10-01-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1260315)
She didn't quit because she stated numerous times that she would never be the one to break FM apart. So instead of doing the most honorable thing she said: "hey, if I still have to stay in FM at least I'm gonna spend my last couple of years without seeing Lindsey's face". She's a liar, awful, disgusting, pathetic, lonely human being.

Mick has what he deserves. I hope they never tour again.

$he is a horrible, selfish person.

They ALL suck for firing him, even though $tevie and Dick suck the most! But Chris and John are guilty, too!

michelej1 10-02-2020 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1260292)
It's like best wishes from Lee Harvey Oswald to JFK. How about an apology???!!!!

I love this.

jbrownsjr 10-02-2020 07:35 PM

I'm glad some people are speaking up and $he sees the comments. What a moron.

The Catdancer 10-03-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1260283)

I don't think she ever sent that message. She probably dreamed about it...
What a drama queen. And who the heck is she to tell him what to do??

Her post about the Notorious RBG was all about her, not about RBG. If she really wanted to meet her, it would have happened. She's friends with the Clintons. If she really admired her so much how come she never talked about her before??

She's so delusional that she says she has a better relationship with her mother now than she did when Barbara was still alive :eek:

HomerMcvie 10-04-2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Catdancer (Post 1260400)
She's so delusional that she says she has a better relationship with her mother now than she did when Barbara was still alive :eek:

$he's nuttier than a squirrel turd.

Macfan4life 10-04-2020 04:25 AM

The most interesting thing about this article/interview is that Stevie herself brought up the fan pushback to Lindsey's firing. The fact that she brought it up speaks volumes. There would be no reason for her to acknowledge her haters except one reason. She painted herself as the victim. So she is talking to all of you haters. How dare anyone question her actions......after all she's been through.