The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2021 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59090)

SteveMacD 02-06-2021 05:59 AM

The CH tour is only six weeks, the Dirty Knobs even less, so that’s not really a factor.

As far as Stevie goes, I think she’d put her solo plans on hold. The Fleetwood Mac payday is bigger than her solo payday, and there aren’t that many Fleetwood Mac paydays left.

BLY 02-06-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263972)
The CH tour is only six weeks, the Dirty Knobs even less, so that’s not really a factor.

As far as Stevie goes, I think she’d put her solo plans on hold. The Fleetwood Mac payday is bigger than her solo payday, and there aren’t that many Fleetwood Mac paydays left.

To be honest I don’t think there are any Fleetwood Mac paydays left.

BigAl84 02-06-2021 10:53 AM

Buckingham McVie II would be such a breath of fresh air compared to another Fleetwood Mac tour filled with Stevie Nicks resentment, army comparison comments, and general bullsh*t about a new chapter. Please, just stop.

I’m already bracing for “covid ruined my last single. Show Us The Way was the most important thing I’ve done since edge of 17 but nobody heard it, that’s why I don’t want to make new music anymore. It costs too much money so why bother. Now I have to march straight back to another Fleetwood Mac tour when I could be doing my solo work, but people have to understand being in a band means I’m not the boss, so we’re going to do 175 shows next year and every night I’m going to tell the crowd exactly what number show it is that night ”

SteveMacD 02-06-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1263982)
Buckingham McVie II would be such a breath of fresh air compared to another Fleetwood Mac tour filled with Stevie Nicks resentment, army comparison comments, and general bullsh*t about a new chapter. Please, just stop.

If Christine only has one more tour left in her, it’s going to be the arena tour with the band she’s been connected to since 1968. I think any hopes for LBCM 2 went out the window with COVID.

With that lot, they’d probably let Lindsey back in, he’d push to do a small tour for his still unreleased album again, and then they’d kick him out again.

SteveMacD 02-06-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1263982)
I’m already bracing for “covid ruined my last single.

The funny part is that it wasn’t COVID, it was cranberry juice, and she still made a small fortune as a result.

BigAl84 02-06-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263987)
The funny part is that it wasn’t COVID, it was cranberry juice, and she still made a small fortune as a result.

Haha you know what...the juice totally stole her thunder, nobody can argue with that Lolol. It’s kinda ironic that 1977 came back to overshadow her solo release. That had to burn just a smidge. LOLOLOL.

BigAl84 02-06-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263986)
If Christine only has one more tour left in her, it’s going to be the arena tour with the band she’s been connected to since 1968. I think any hopes for LBCM 2 went out the window with COVID.

With that lot, they’d probably let Lindsey back in, he’d push to do a small tour for his still unreleased album again, and then they’d kick him out again.

Thats a pretty accurate depiction of their current operating model.

BigAl84 02-06-2021 12:05 PM

My prediction for a full reunion, which still makes me gag...would look like this:

10 nights at the garden
10 nights at the forum
Maybe a few nights somewhere else
And that’s it.

I hope that’s all Lindsey agrees to, if anything ever comes to fruition.

BLY 02-06-2021 02:31 PM

If there is any “ Reunion” it will be a one off. “The Dance 2.”.... .The 25 year reunion show.

johnnystorms 02-07-2021 03:46 AM

Stevie don't need a payday tour
 
She got bank from selling a share of her catalogue.

sue 02-07-2021 11:56 AM

In a radio interview, I’ve just listened to Christine, said she didn’t think she would tour again, as she was getting too old, and the amount of work that goes into touring is too much.
She also said....
John definitely would not tour ever again as he was frail....she then said he was fine, but getting too old ..

BLY 02-07-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1264055)
In a radio interview, I’ve just listened to Christine, said she didn’t think she would tour again, as she was getting too old, and the amount of work that goes into touring is too much.
She also said....
John definitely would not tour ever again as he was frail....she then said he was fine, but getting too old ..

It’s the end of Fleetwood Mac. It still makes me sick that the BuckMcVie album and the last tour wasn’t their swan song.....Oh Well.

bombaysaffires 02-07-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1263993)
My prediction for a full reunion, which still makes me gag...would look like this:

10 nights at the garden
10 nights at the forum
Maybe a few nights somewhere else
And that’s it.

I hope that’s all Lindsey agrees to, if anything ever comes to fruition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1264006)
If there is any “ Reunion” it will be a one off. “The Dance 2.”.... .The 25 year reunion show.

yes, don't forget the film that would come of it a la The Dance and possibly a live stream event like is done for major sporting events etc where they charge you a buncha bucks to watch in real time, maybe with some behind-the-scenes 'prep for our final show' stuff (well, if a younger staff member can get them to do it, so likely not)

bombaysaffires 02-07-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263987)
The funny part is that it wasn’t COVID, it was cranberry juice, and she still made a small fortune as a result.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnystorms (Post 1264048)
She got bank from selling a share of her catalogue.

and the two are not un-related. That juice vid demonstrated the viability of her music in all these new commercial avenues, and that's the whole motivation of these companies hoovering up catalogues... Take the multi millions up front and let someone else do all the work finding new channels for your songs. she should really thank that juice guy. kinda funny that Mick jumped on the bandwagon of imitating him first, he recognizes money-making opportunities quick...she remains tech/social media phobic and has to be badgered into it via friends and staff.

BigAl84 02-07-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1264065)
and the two are not un-related. That juice vid demonstrated the viability of her music in all these new commercial avenues, and that's the whole motivation of these companies hoovering up catalogues... Take the multi millions up front and let someone else do all the work finding new channels for your songs. she should really thank that juice guy. kinda funny that Mick jumped on the bandwagon of imitating him first, he recognizes money-making opportunities quick...she remains tech/social media phobic and has to be badgered into it via friends and staff.

I’m pretty sure she has to be badgered into doing pretty much anything these days unless it involves talking about herself.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved