The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36119)

GoldDustOrphan 05-19-2008 11:18 AM

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I sat through a press screening yesterday. While it was great to see Karen Allen back, the movie is missing any "wow" moments. Media was invited to bring family to the noon-time screening, so the theater was mostly non-press and the general reaction was: well-made, but nothing out-standing. Cate Blanchett's wig and ridiculous accent got the most chuckles.

My favorite scene comes very early in the movie and it involves Indy and a refrigerator.

Tonight (Monday), there are promotional screenings all over the country, so get ready for an onslaught of advance reviews.

Right after Indiana Jones, I went to see Prince Caspian, which wasn't a good idea. I was I had been "fresher." Still, Prince Caspian was superior to Indiana Jones.

Gypsy-Rhiannon 05-19-2008 11:20 AM

Taking the kids to see it next week

mylittledemon 05-19-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldDustOrphan (Post 756179)
I sat through a press screening yesterday. While it was great to see Karen Allen back, the movie is missing any "wow" moments. Media was invited to bring family to the noon-time screening, so the theater was mostly non-press and the general reaction was: well-made, but nothing out-standing. Cate Blanchett's wig and ridiculous accent got the most chuckles.

My favorite scene comes very early in the movie and it involves Indy and a refrigerator.

Tonight (Monday), there are promotional screenings all over the country, so get ready for an onslaught of advance reviews.

Right after Indiana Jones, I went to see Prince Caspian, which wasn't a good idea. I was I had been "fresher." Still, Prince Caspian was superior to Indiana Jones.

i am so sad right now.

#1LiddyBuckFan 05-19-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 756186)
i am so sad right now.

I never trust any critic's review other than my own (no offense meant to anyone). :)

It will be awesome...it's Indy and Indy is always awesome!! ;) I am kind of an huge fan though.

DavidMn 05-19-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 756193)
I never trust any critic's review other than my own (no offense meant to anyone). :)

It will be awesome...it's Indy and Indy is always awesome!! ;) I am kind of an huge fan though.

WHat did you think of The Temple Of Doom? I head that one was real bad.

GoldDustOrphan 05-19-2008 02:37 PM

I think it's always best for everyone to decided for themselves. If one is compelled to see a film - see it, regardless of reviews.

#1LiddyBuckFan 05-19-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 756196)

I don't think I have ever heard anyone refer to it as "real bad" (maybe just not around me :laugh:) ...just darker. I personally liked it...not my favorite of the original 3 but it had some great action and humor in it. Saying that, I love Indiana Jones...the character is my favorite movie hero so I'm probably a tad biased. :nod:

wondergirl9847 05-19-2008 03:03 PM

I'm not going to read this thread, since I haven't seen it yet, but I am going to see it this Wednesday in Los Angeles. I'm going to the Moonlight Convention this weekend, but leaving tomorrow to go do some tourist stuff. Going to Disneyland on Wednesday, seeing Indiana Jones, doing a Warner Brothers tour, etc.

CANNOT WAIT.

#1LiddyBuckFan 05-19-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 (Post 756201)
I'm not going to read this thread, since I haven't seen it yet, but I am going to see it this Wednesday in Los Angeles. I'm going to the Moonlight Convention this weekend, but leaving tomorrow to go do some tourist stuff. Going to Disneyland on Wednesday, seeing Indiana Jones, doing a Warner Brothers tour, etc.

CANNOT WAIT.

You will have a blast!! I love Disneyland...don't miss the Indiana Jones ride!! It's so fun! :nod:

mylittledemon 05-19-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 756196)

yeah, it's not my fave either, but I still enjoy it. It's not a bad movie.

Villavic 05-19-2008 09:52 PM

I liked Raiders and Temple a lot. Last Crusade was not my fave, though I read better critics. So.. as you guys said, each one has its own opinion, preference, etc.

I already read some critics and they didn't like it, but it's not a surprise. I think it will be like the latests Star Wars episodes. If you compare it with the phenomenom of the first movies, you may be dissapointed. It's like expecting a Beatles reunion with new songs (of course if 4 were alive).. It would never be the same "magic".

Everything is different now, we, they, the movies.. etc.. I was 16 when I saw Raiders. Now I'm almost 42.. will I react the same way?? I don't think so. Will I like that movie the same way I liked Raiders, after watching Titanic, Matrix, Troy, , Lord of the rings, 5th Element, the Jurassic movies, etc.. ?? I don't think so.

I just hope I'll enjoy Crystal skull, trying not to compare it with my favorite Indiana old movies.

Villavic 05-19-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldDustOrphan (Post 756179)
. While it was great to see Karen Allen back, .

She looks almost the same as in 1981, as I saw the pic at the official website!!

GoldDustOrphan 05-19-2008 10:53 PM

Thankfully, Karen Allen has chosen to age gracefully and she still looks good. The fact that she was returning to the franchise was the element I was most looking forward to. She doesn't disappoint.

#1LiddyBuckFan 05-20-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldDustOrphan (Post 756243)
Thankfully, Karen Allen has chosen to age gracefully and she still looks good. The fact that she was returning to the franchise was the element I was most looking forward to. She doesn't disappoint.

That's great to know! I was very excited that she came aboard for this project. She was the best damsel not in distress (as Harrison Ford puts it) throughout the series.

Miss Vicky 05-22-2008 05:00 AM

I thought the movie was pretty good. Didn't quite have the magic of the original three, but was cheesy and fun. Pure entertainment.

As for the notion that Temple Of Doom was a "bad movie," I thinks that's crap. I always found it to be the most fun of the original trilogy and has always been my favorite (and Raiders Of The Lost Ark was always my least favorite). Yes, some of the elements of the film - like human sacrifice - are a bit dark, but I always felt that it was done with enough humor to keep it from being even remotely disturbing and definitely not dull.

But I suppose everyone is entitle to their opinion, even when they're wrong. :p