The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Two Re-Issues coming? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59254)

On Ice 05-14-2021 08:35 AM

Two Re-Issues coming?

Just saw an instagram post from Rhino about a not one, but two album deal for reissues of RAL and TOSOTM! While RAL is certainly not my favourite, there are so many great songs from the period that were scrapped which would be awesome to hear cleaned up versions. Running Through the Garden and You Like Me come to mind. Same with TOSOTM, what lurks in the outtakes that we've never heard before? I think of the Wild Heart with the unknown Sorcerer outtake, which was not only wonderful but a welcomed surprise. Same potential exists for these two albums. I can't wait, I can't wait.

David 05-14-2021 12:26 PM

Sounds great. I hope they add some live stuff from somewhere, too, and good photos.

bwboy 05-14-2021 01:10 PM

Oh man, I have been hoping for this ever since Bella Donna and The Wild Heart got the Deluxe treatment! I really really really wish they would rerelease the Red Rocks video untouched (without the reshot close ups) and unedited with more songs, such as I Can’t Wait, etc. but I know that’ll never happen. Might get an audio though, like we did on BD. Behind the Mask is my #1 wish for a Deluxe, but RAL and TOSOTM are #2 and 3!

Neal 05-14-2021 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1266975)
Sounds great. I hope they add some live stuff from somewhere, too, and good photos.

There's definitely enough live material from both tourss to give us a 3rd CD a la the Bella Donna reissue. *fingers crossed*

Stevieforever 05-15-2021 02:28 AM

This is so exciting!!! I have been waiting for years for these too and to think it might finally be happening is really fantastic. There is so much extra material from Rock a Little, it could be a treasure trove for die hard fans!

AnthonyMI 05-15-2021 05:26 AM

Reconsider Me, Running Through Garden, lady From The Mountain, Mirror Mirror, soundtrack cuts, what else? Didn’t she basically abandon a record with Jimmy in between her last album and RAL? She could add Needles and Pins and Insider from same era off the Tom Petty Live album.

BombaySapphire3 05-15-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1267010)
Reconsider Me, Running Through Garden, lady From The Mountain, Mirror Mirror, soundtrack cuts, what else? Didn’t she basically abandon a record with Jimmy in between her last album and RAL? She could add Needles and Pins and Insider from same era off the Tom Petty Live album.

Yeah the Mirror Mirror album. It was a few weeks away from release in the summer of 1984. They should release it in it's entirety on a RAL deluxe but I know that will not happen.

sleepless child 05-15-2021 12:41 PM

I saw this on Facebook somewhere and just about lost it!! I'm really looking forward to this if they do it right.

jbrownsjr 05-16-2021 10:35 AM

I get made fun of, but I love TOSOTM and don't mind RAL. This is great news.

HomerMcvie 05-16-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1267044)
I get made fun of, but I love TOSOTM and don't mind RAL. This is great news.

RAL was tolerable. OSOTM was awful. $he lost me forever with that turd.

AnthonyMI 05-16-2021 11:28 AM

Just think! We may finally get a CD quality version of This hidden gem!

https://youtu.be/rVu0Vb0yvyA

BombaySapphire3 05-16-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1267046)
Just think! We may finally get a CD quality version of This hidden gem!

https://youtu.be/rVu0Vb0yvyA

Ugh those Kenny G produced tracks need to stay hidden. For those that hate TOSOTM just imagine how horrible it would have been with that purveyor
of elevator muzak at the helm.

Macfan4life 05-16-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1267048)
Ugh those Kenny G produced tracks need to stay hidden. For those that hate TOSOTM just imagine how horrible it would have been with that purveyor
of elevator muzak at the helm.

I agree. While I dont like the album RAL, I love the outcast songs or demos. I like the album OSOTM but I dont care for the outcast/demo songs. OMG, if I had to sit through Dial the number, I would be dialing for help listening to the song :eek:

Does anyone remember the Westwood 1 radio concert during RAL. It was her live RAL concert with interviews. Now, that would make a great addition to the CD. As I recall, it was not an out of control concert. But I doubt we would get a live CD with the reissue.

bwboy 05-16-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1267050)
Does anyone remember the Westwood 1 radio concert during RAL. It was her live RAL concert with interviews. Now, that would make a great addition to the CD. As I recall, it was not an out of control concert. But I doubt we would get a live CD with the reissue.

We got the audio of the White Winged Dove tour from HBO on the Bella Donna reissue, so I expect we’ll get the audio of her Rock a Little tour on the RAL reissue. I just hope we get extra songs as well, and not just the ones that were on the Showtime special.

Macfan4life 05-16-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1267051)
We got the audio of the White Winged Dove tour from HBO on the Bella Donna reissue, so I expect we’ll get the audio of her Rock a Little tour on the RAL reissue. I just hope we get extra songs as well, and not just the ones that were on the Showtime special.

I wouldn't be so sure. Bella Donna's concert was flawless and something to be proud of. The Wild Heart reissue had no live CD. RAL concerts were not at her best so I would be surprised if there was a live CD. But who knows.