The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   When it Comes To Love (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58880)

BLY 03-11-2020 09:23 PM

When it Comes To Love

This song recently came up on my pod mix in the car and I forgot how much I love this song. It’s one of those MAC songs that I wished the “Jams” were longer. Christine and Billys vocals are stellar!

jbrownsjr 03-12-2020 08:47 AM

It's a song I like when it comes on. I don't really put it on as a fav. But, I think BTM has a lot of great songs and sounds like a band. Great duet.

David 03-12-2020 05:36 PM

I like this one and I like Do You Know. I used to think the latter was saccharine, but now I listen to it and I’m in love with how catchy it is. I find myself singing it in my head all day at work.

Did you guys know that Fleetwood Mac played When the Sun Goes Down at the California State Fair Expo amphitheater in June 1990? Christine performed on her accordion.

HomerMcvie 03-12-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1256773)
I like this one and I like Do You Know. I used to think the latter was saccharine, but now I listen to it and I’m in love with how catchy it is. I find myself singing it in my head all day at work.

I love Do You Know. Early in college I had a major heartbreak, and DYK was my song about it. It instantly takes me back.

Villavic 03-12-2020 09:02 PM

I love Do You Know. Sad that lineup didn't last long.

BLY 03-12-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1256786)
I love Do You Know. Sad that lineup didn't last long.

Yes, I wish we would have gotten another full album out of them before Lindsey’s return.

Street_Dreamer 03-12-2020 09:22 PM

One of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs ever. I think it features John's best work too.

Macfan4life 03-13-2020 04:53 PM

LOVE LOVE this song
Love the vocals and lyrics yes but its a fantastic musical track. Love Christine's keyboards and yes John too.
I would sing this song so loud in the car. Had the BTM cassette

Macfan4life 03-13-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Did you guys know that Fleetwood Mac played When the Sun Goes Down at the California State Fair Expo amphitheater in June 1990? Christine performed on her accordion.

That is a wonderful piece of trivia and WHAT A TREAT that was. She never touched the accordian without Lindsey or Tusk. So nice she picked it up at least once.

jbrownsjr 03-23-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Wow! I did remember this. Any recordings?

svnwndrs 03-31-2020 01:00 PM

30th Anniversary of the release of Behind The Mask is coming up soon. Any thoughts, opinions or memories of this album? I love Love Is Dangerous and In The Back Of My Mind. The former is funky rock, and the latter is experimental and trippy. It also is a good showcase for all members of the band. I also like Save Me, Affairs Of The Heart, Behind The Mask and Freedom. As for When It Comes To Love? I like it but compared to the rest of the album, it’s in my least favorites. Also, sorry I got a little off topic...

jbrownsjr 03-31-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svnwndrs (Post 1257070)
30th Anniversary of the release of Behind The Mask is coming up soon. Any thoughts, opinions or memories of this album? I love Love Is Dangerous and In The Back Of My Mind. The former is funky rock, and the latter is experimental and trippy. It also is a good showcase for all members of the band. I also like Save Me, Affairs Of The Heart, Behind The Mask and Freedom. As for When It Comes To Love? I like it but compared to the rest of the album, it’s in my least favorites. Also, sorry I got a little off topic...

It has some fantastic tunes and sounds more like a band than Tango. Like many, I'm not crazy about the direction or production of some songs. Even the running order could be changed. I would have had more piano on some of Christine's songs vs. a Casio sounding toy keyboard. (Same goes for TIME) I blame the producer for not pulling that out of her even though her writing is fantastic on this album.

Overall, Billy and Rick are extremely talented and fit in with the blues/funky sound of the rhythm section. I give kudos to Stevie for sticking in the band, even though her contributions are more appreciated on other songs. I'm not crazy about her songs. I love her vocals on Skies, and Love is Dangerous, Behind the Mask, and In the Back of My Mind. Huge love for the B section where Christine takes over in "In The Back of My Mind."

BLY 03-31-2020 06:56 PM

I always loved this album. I agree this is very much a good full band contribution. I think Rick and Billy were great and love how they sounded with Stevie And Christine. I remember in an interview back during the release Stevie commented on how she spent some additional time during the final mixing of the album.

Standouts for me ......Love is Dangerous, When it Comes to Love, In The Back of My Mind, Behind the Mask, Skies the Limit and When the Sun Comes Down.

Street_Dreamer 03-31-2020 11:36 PM

My second favorite FM album of all time. When It Comes To Love is a top three favorite FM song for me. Freedom is without question Stevie's last great song in my opinion.

jbrownsjr 04-01-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 1257078)
My second favorite FM album of all time. When It Comes To Love is a top three favorite FM song for me. Freedom is without question Stevie's last great song in my opinion.

You're right Freedom is a good old song! I jammed to it just now.