The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Billboard current boxscore (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58325)

kak125 11-14-2018 03:42 PM

Billboard current boxscore

Just saw this:

45 Fleetwood Mac BOK Center Tulsa, Okla. Oct. 3, 2018 $1,451,847 11,694 /
11,694 1 / 0 $199.50, $66.50 Live Nation

kak125 12-01-2018 10:44 AM

Updated this week

4 Fleetwood Mac Tacoma Dome Tacoma, Wash. Nov. 17, 2018 $2,351,594 18,828 /
18,828 1 / 1 $225.50, $65.50 Live Nation

bwboy 12-02-2018 06:33 AM

Thank you for posting these, kak125! Much appreciated.

kak125 12-05-2018 04:15 PM

bwboy, you are very welcome!

Here's another one!
6 Fleetwood Mac Oracle Arena Oakland, Calif. Nov. 25, 2018 $1,806,852 12,903 /
12,903 1 / 1 $229.50, $66.19 Live Nation

They are also #20 on this list from pollstar:
https://www.pollstar.com/concert-pulse

Keith 12-06-2018 08:29 AM

Not bad

#20 is pretty good.

But I have to be honest - I was more happy to see "Springsteen on Broadway" on the list. I saw his show twice in New York City and it was one of the best live performances of my life!

kak125 12-30-2018 08:14 PM

Fleetwood Mac T-Mobile Arena Las Vegas Nov. 30, 2018 $2,305,731 15,038 /
15,450 1 / 0 $229.50, $69.50 Live Nation

elle 12-30-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 1245089)
#20 is pretty good.

But I have to be honest - I was more happy to see "Springsteen on Broadway" on the list. I saw his show twice in New York City and it was one of the best live performances of my life!

yup - saw it too, ecstatic that i got that chance! phenomenal show. :woohoo: out of the 20 on the list, also saw U2, twice, this year - very different from Bruce but also such a fantastic show! :]

blinker12 01-05-2019 09:51 AM

So they are selling out or nearly selling out venues?

Does anyone know how these numbers compare with their last tour?

SteveMacD 01-05-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

I’d be more curious how they compare to the 2009 and 2013 tours. The last tour was more of an event with Christine returning.

lovethemac1 01-05-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1247327)
So they are selling out or nearly selling out venues?

The show in my city for this April is about 1/3 sold, and that doesn't include the tickets that have been picked up by some of the smaller sellers. This show went on sale 6 weeks ago.

The last tour was sold out within 4 days of going on sale.

Macfan4life 01-09-2019 01:31 PM

When you are grossing 1.5 million in bloody Tulsa, Oklahoma....the tour is a huge success. I was flamed to death for saying it would be successful. One member resigned the board to protest my saying that.
Having said all of that.....its actually more successful than I thought it would be. Like any tour, there are pockets of cities that don't sell that well. In the huge success of Unleashed, the Mac cancelled South Florida and Montreal due to poor ticket sales. Unleashed was in the top 10 of concert grosses that year.

kak125 02-15-2019 11:18 AM

Just saw this today

2 Fleetwood Mac The Forum Inglewood, Calif. Dec. 11, 13, 15, 2018 $5,951,192 42,628 /
42,628 3 / 3 $229.50, $149.50, $99.50, $69.50 Live Nation

BigAl84 02-15-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1247437)
When you are grossing 1.5 million in bloody Tulsa, Oklahoma....the tour is a huge success. I was flamed to death for saying it would be successful. One member resigned the board to protest my saying that.
Having said all of that.....its actually more successful than I thought it would be. Like any tour, there are pockets of cities that don't sell that well. In the huge success of Unleashed, the Mac cancelled South Florida and Montreal due to poor ticket sales. Unleashed was in the top 10 of concert grosses that year.

A little context around the unleashed tour, that was during the recession and sales were terrible for FM and the entire industry. I went to two shows and in both instances they were moving people from the nosebleeds down to the lower level just to fill seats and completely curtaining off the nosebleeds. That tour is probably one of their biggest financial hiccups post 1997.

Indeed it may have been one of the top tours of that year, but nothing sold well that year for anyone in the concert industry so the bar was below par.

Feather Blade 02-15-2019 01:44 PM

According to Pollstar, as of 2/11 the tour is up to 13th place now. The last update above was 20th.

Macfan4life 02-19-2019 01:09 PM

Tomorrow night is South Florida. South Florida is not a huge classic rock town and the Mac actually cancelled here during the Unleashed tour due to poor ticket sales. I checked Ticketmaster and its just about sold out. Of course Ticketmaster can always add tickets but if its not sold out, its going to be very close.

I wont be going for many reasons. But wish those attending a good night. A few seats (and I mean a few) last rows almost behind the stage are left. By tomorrow night when the spontaneous concert goers show up to buy tickets, I bet its sold out.

kak125 02-20-2019 10:27 AM

Just updated today:

6 Fleetwood Mac Pepsi Center Denver, Colo. Jan. 31, 2019 $1,652,308 13,511 /
13,511 1 / 1 $195, $65

kak125 03-04-2019 10:23 AM

13 Fleetwood Mac American Airlines Center Dallas, Texas Feb. 7, 2019 $2,370,345 14,434 /
15,237 1 / 0 $224.50, $144.50, $94.50, $64.50 Live Nation

17 Fleetwood Mac Frank Erwin Center Austin, Texas Feb. 9, 2019 $2,001,664 13,174 /
13,174 1 / 1 $199.50, $69.50 Live Nation

Feather Blade 03-05-2019 08:57 AM

Pollstar has them ranked # 9 in the list of top twenty tours now.

jbrownsjr 03-05-2019 09:20 AM

I believe they were between #1 and #2 when Christine returned. 2014/2015

SteveMacD 03-05-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1249860)

How could they not be, though. It WAS the full classic lineup.

Feather Blade 03-12-2019 07:30 AM

As of checking Pollstar today, the band is now in the top five highest grossing tours.

kak125 03-18-2019 03:42 PM

Fleetwood Mac's North American Tour On Track to Sell 1 Million Tickets

The absence of Lindsey Buckingham has not hurt the band's latest tour, which has at least 10 shows with grosses over $2 million.
Fleetwood Mac is on track to gross more than $100 million on the North American leg of their 2018/2019 tour with venues across the country reporting grosses between $1.5 to $2 million per show powered by a new generation of fans who have embraced the legendary group and its deep catalog of No. 1 hits.

Couple their success in North America with a fall international run for the band in the U.K., Germany, Australia and New Zealand, and the Mac's 75-plus date tour is shaping up to be one of the top tours on Billboard's year-end Boxscore chart. Not bad for a group that is touring without key member Lindsey Buckingham, who left the band (he told Rolling Stone he was "fired") last year over disagreements about its touring plans -- Buckingham reportedly wanted to spend most of 2019 on a solo tour, while the band wanted to get back on the road together sooner).

After a brief impasse, the group announced they were going on tour without Buckingham, but with Mike Campbell of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Crowded House‘s Neil Finn standing in for the guitarist and singer.

"When Lindsey left the band, none of us had any expectations good or bad -- it was more about continuing Fleetwood Mac," the group's co-manager Carl Stubner tells Billboard. "We had about a month to put the tour together and get it on sale, without any assets or pictures of the new lineup. Thankfully, it started doing well from the beginning."

Positive press from the band's first show on the tour at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma followed by a monster show at the United Center in Chicago that grossed more than $2.2 million, giving the tour the momentum it needed. More than ten dates on the tour have passed the $2 million mark in ticket sales, including the band's Dallas show at American Airlines Center (Feb. 7) and their Tacoma Dome (Nov. 17) concert, which each grossed $2.34 million in sales in front of 18,828 fans in Washington and 14,357 fans in Dallas.

The band's tour stops at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas (Nov. 30), Capitol One Arena in Washington (March 5), Amalie Arena in Tampa (Feb 18) and Golden 1 Center in Sacramento (Nov. 23) all grossed more than $2 million in ticket sales, as did shows in Toronto, Nashville and Charlotte.

"The tour is playing to sold out arenas every night and I love walking thru the crowds, seeing generations of longtime fans dancing and singing along to their favorite songs," the band's co-manager Sheryl Louis told Billboard in a statement. "What I’ve noticed on this tour specifically is so many younger fans, who are equally as enthusiastic, seeing the band live for the first time and loving it," adding that Campbell and Finn's work in the band has "brought tremendous energy to the shows that both the band and the audience can feel. In the long history of Fleetwood Mac, these are honestly some of their best shows yet."

Most of the acrimony between the two sides has been settled, Stubner said, and the band wished Buckingham a speedy recovery following heart surgery in February.

"And it was a hard divorce and emotional because we love Lindsey, but we made the best out of a bad situation," Stubner tells Billboard. "The show has done well in the big markets and the smaller markets like Sacramento and Birmingham, Alabama. And not just selling tickets, but merchandise -- t-shirt sales have increased considerably from any other tour we've done."

Stubner said the uptick is being fueled by a younger demographic of fans, including teenagers attending the tour with their parents and older millennials enjoying a night out with friends.

"They learned about the band from their parents, and then they dug a little deeper" Stubner says. "There's a hunger for bands with deep catalogs and I see a lot of young people coming to the shows in search of this music they've built a deep connection with. And maybe that's why we have been able to do so well without Lindsey, because it's really about the collective and the show itself. They're coming out for the band."

Fleetwood Mac plays Madison Square Garden tonight in New York. Visit fleetwoodmac.com for a complete list of shows remaining on tour.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...illion-tickets

elle 03-18-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1250674)
The absence of Lindsey Buckingham has not hurt the band's latest tour, which has at least 10 shows with grosses over $2 million.
Fleetwood Mac is on track to gross more than $100 million on the North American leg of their 2018/2019 tour with venues across the country reporting grosses between $1.5 to $2 million per show powered by a new generation of fans who have embraced the legendary group and its deep catalog of No. 1 hits.

Couple their success in North America with a fall international run for the band in the U.K., Germany, Australia and New Zealand, and the Mac's 75-plus date tour is shaping up to be one of the top tours on Billboard's year-end Boxscore chart. Not bad for a group that is touring without key member Lindsey Buckingham, who left the band (he told Rolling Stone he was "fired") last year over disagreements about its touring plans -- Buckingham reportedly wanted to spend most of 2019 on a solo tour, while the band wanted to get back on the road together sooner).

After a brief impasse, the group announced they were going on tour without Buckingham, but with Mike Campbell of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Crowded House‘s Neil Finn standing in for the guitarist and singer.

"When Lindsey left the band, none of us had any expectations good or bad -- it was more about continuing Fleetwood Mac," the group's co-manager Carl Stubner tells Billboard. "We had about a month to put the tour together and get it on sale, without any assets or pictures of the new lineup. Thankfully, it started doing well from the beginning."

Positive press from the band's first show on the tour at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma followed by a monster show at the United Center in Chicago that grossed more than $2.2 million, giving the tour the momentum it needed. More than ten dates on the tour have passed the $2 million mark in ticket sales, including the band's Dallas show at American Airlines Center (Feb. 7) and their Tacoma Dome (Nov. 17) concert, which each grossed $2.34 million in sales in front of 18,828 fans in Washington and 14,357 fans in Dallas.

The band's tour stops at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas (Nov. 30), Capitol One Arena in Washington (March 5), Amalie Arena in Tampa (Feb 18) and Golden 1 Center in Sacramento (Nov. 23) all grossed more than $2 million in ticket sales, as did shows in Toronto, Nashville and Charlotte.

"The tour is playing to sold out arenas every night and I love walking thru the crowds, seeing generations of longtime fans dancing and singing along to their favorite songs," the band's co-manager Sheryl Louis told Billboard in a statement. "What I’ve noticed on this tour specifically is so many younger fans, who are equally as enthusiastic, seeing the band live for the first time and loving it," adding that Campbell and Finn's work in the band has "brought tremendous energy to the shows that both the band and the audience can feel. In the long history of Fleetwood Mac, these are honestly some of their best shows yet."

Most of the acrimony between the two sides has been settled, Stubner said, and the band wished Buckingham a speedy recovery following heart surgery in February.

Neil Finn of Crowded House performs on stage during the 'Encore' tour at Sydney Opera House on Nov. 24, 2016 in Sydney, Australia.
READ MORE
In Wake of NZ Mosque Massacre, Neil Finn Leaves Social Media, Says It's Enabled 'Hateful Ideology'
"And it was a hard divorce and emotional because we love Lindsey, but we made the best out of a bad situation," Stubner tells Billboard. "The show has done well in the big markets and the smaller markets like Sacramento and Birmingham, Alabama. And not just selling tickets, but merchandise -- t-shirt sales have increased considerably from any other tour we've done."

Stubner said the uptick is being fueled by a younger demographic of fans, including teenagers attending the tour with their parents and older millennials enjoying a night out with friends.

"They learned about the band from their parents, and then they dug a little deeper" Stubner says. "There's a hunger for bands with deep catalogs and I see a lot of young people coming to the shows in search of this music they've built a deep connection with. And maybe that's why we have been able to do so well without Lindsey, because it's really about the collective and the show itself. They're coming out for the band."

Fleetwood Mac plays Madison Square Garden tonight in New York. Visit fleetwoodmac.com for a complete list of shows remaining on tour.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...illion-tickets

Perfect - just in case anyone is still wondering where the refreshing reenergized text of some of the reviews and bs about LB not wanting to tour came from - Sheryl and Carl. Love love love love this article! Especially in the light of Muck and Chris interviews that came out the same day where they went off Sheryl/Carl script and completely corroborated Lindsey’s story while make themselves look like lying liars they are.

kak125 04-02-2019 02:40 PM

28 Fleetwood Mac Times Union Center Albany, N.Y. $1,545,428 11,636 /
11,636 1 / 1 $225.50, $145.50, $95.50, $65.50 Live Nation

BigAl84 04-02-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1250682)
Perfect - just in case anyone is still wondering where the refreshing reenergized text of some of the reviews and bs about LB not wanting to tour came from - Sheryl and Carl. Love love love love this article! Especially in the light of Muck and Chris interviews that came out the same day where they went off Sheryl/Carl script and completely corroborated Lindsey’s story while make themselves look like lying liars they are.

HAHA it's nearly verbatim what Mick and others have been quoted as saying. What a joke!

And I have news for them, the younger fans have been there for a long time. This isn't some new thing caused by a new lineup.

"There's a hunger for bands with deep catalogs" - Meanwhile they've cut the majority of deep catalog tracks from the set. Probably what they meant was "deep catalog of hits" aka...there's a hunger for jukebox tours.

"There's a market for folks who don't know who is in or out of the band and only care to hear the hits" is really what they are trying to say politely.

Again, I just don't get the whole point. Big victory lap for Fleetwood Mac - they pulled off another greatest hits tour for the third time in 6 years, this time minus a key member. Just like every other classic rock band touring with an augmented lineup. Again, who is going to give a sh*t in five years.

bombaysaffires 04-02-2019 04:19 PM

really?? They were shown doing a new group photo shoot back in the CBS interview..... yet they continued deliberately NOT to use pics of the new line instead continuing to market the tour with old pics including LB. Total PR spin.

Nicks Fan 04-04-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1251610)
HAHA it's nearly verbatim what Mick and others have been quoted as saying. What a joke!

And I have news for them, the younger fans have been there for a long time. This isn't some new thing caused by a new lineup.

"There's a hunger for bands with deep catalogs" - Meanwhile they've cut the majority of deep catalog tracks from the set. Probably what they meant was "deep catalog of hits" aka...there's a hunger for jukebox tours.

"There's a market for folks who don't know who is in or out of the band and only care to hear the hits" is really what they are trying to say politely.

Again, I just don't get the whole point. Big victory lap for Fleetwood Mac - they pulled off another greatest hits tour for the third time in 6 years, this time minus a key member. Just like every other classic rock band touring with an augmented lineup. Again, who is going to give a sh*t in five years.

Agreed. In 5 years or more most people won't care or even remember this tour and or this lineup. What FM did was no different then other bands like Styx, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Chicago etc have done which is playing the hits to mostly indifferent people who just want the hits they know and love. When the band finally retires it will not be this lineup that people remember.

Macfan4life 04-06-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1251771)
Agreed. In 5 years or more most people won't care or even remember this tour and or this lineup. What FM did was no different then other bands like Styx, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Chicago etc have done which is playing the hits to mostly indifferent people who just want the hits they know and love. When the band finally retires it will not be this lineup that people remember.

Very true. But I don't think they care especially at their age. Part of them probably do want to make new music but how can they pass up such large amounts of money to play the hits over and over no matter what the line up is. There are a few artists like Bruce who have chosen to do small theaters and play to core fans with songs only they would know. This makes me admire the Buck/Vie tour so much. Chris and Lindsey did not do that tour for the money because while profitable they were not making millions. They did it for the love of their craft.

On another note, this tour will be one of their most successful ever (sorry to the haters who flamed me for knowing it would happen). The masses don't care who is singing Monday Morning or Go Your Own Way as long as Stevie is backing them up.

jwd 04-07-2019 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1251814)
On another note, this tour will be one of their most successful ever (sorry to the haters who flamed me for knowing it would happen). The masses don't care who is singing Monday Morning or Go Your Own Way as long as Stevie is backing them up.

Remembered forever as sellouts and traitors to a friend and architect of their sound. What a legacy. Sad ending.

lovethemac1 04-07-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1251814)
Very true. But I don't think they care especially at their age. Part of them probably do want to make new music but how can they pass up such large amounts of money to play the hits over and over no matter what the line up is. There are a few artists like Bruce who have chosen to do small theaters and play to core fans with songs only they would know. This makes me admire the Buck/Vie tour so much. Chris and Lindsey did not do that tour for the money because while profitable they were not making millions. They did it for the love of their craft.

I still find this so strange. They play here April 11th, and they are 50-60% sold, which doesn't include the secondary ticket companies like LiveNation that are advertising their tickets everywhere as well. I keep getting Ticketmaster emails every few hours saying "get your tickets fast," which I won't be doing, but they seem in desperation mode to try and sell this concert.

Last tour, they sold out in a few hours.

It's a sad sad situation. Esp for Rumours 5 fans.

Feather Blade 04-07-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1251837)
I still find this so strange. They play here April 11th, and they are 50-60% sold, which doesn't include the secondary ticket companies like LiveNation that are advertising their tickets everywhere as well. I keep getting Ticketmaster emails every few hours saying "get your tickets fast," which I won't be doing, but they seem in desperation mode to try and sell this concert.

Last tour, they sold out in a few hours.

It's a sad sad situation. Esp for Rumours 5 fans.

Whether the tickets are selling quickly or slowly doesn't seem to matter. You don't have the 4th highest grossing tour without most or all of them selling eventually. Plenty of people are going and apparently having a good time. The fans enjoyed themselves for a night of fun, the band enjoyed performing and collected a nice paycheck for doing what they love. Business as usual...

jbrownsjr 04-08-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1249860)

It truly was an amazing point in their history. Christine coming back was UGE.

kak125 04-09-2019 09:55 AM

Just updated today

9 Fleetwood Mac Madison Square Garden New York March 11, 18, 2019 $4,769,179 30,912 /
30,912 2 / 2 $293.50, $223.50, $143.50, $93.50, $63.50 Live Nation

kak125 05-15-2019 11:13 AM

13 Fleetwood Mac Bridgestone Arena Nashville Feb. 27, 2019 $2,165,057 14,635 /
14,635 1 / 1 $299.50, $49.50 Live Nation

20 Fleetwood Mac Prudential Center Newark, N.J. March 13, 2019 $1,792,378 13,044 /
13,044 1 / 1 $244.50, $44.50 Live Nation

Macfan4life 07-06-2019 06:43 PM

I heard on the radio today that Elton John's final tour was the #1 highest grossing tour currently and Fleetwood Mac was #5.

Still no apologies from several members here who called me every name in the book including one who left this board all together just because I called it and said the tour would be very successful. (meaning this tongue and cheek of course)

Jondalar 07-07-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1253442)
I heard on the radio today that Elton John's final tour was the #1 highest grossing tour currently and Fleetwood Mac was #5.

Still no apologies from several members here who called me every name in the book including one who left this board all together just because I called it and said the tour would be very successful. (meaning this tongue and cheek of course)

Doesn’t matter. They are still a bunch of skanks.

wayner 07-07-2019 07:13 PM

bunch of skanks is calling them a nice way

they are a bunch of ..................