The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tracks of her years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59091)

sue 11-09-2020 07:05 AM

Tracks of her years

Listening to Ken, as I do. (on the radio)
Christine is on, in an interview from 2013, so no new stuff re the band.
She’s choosing tracks she likes.
She picks....Babylon Sister, by Steely Dan and says “this is one of my favourite songs ever”
Her first track was ...”God only knows” by the Beach Boys, she explained she lived next door to the Beach boys’ mother, Audrey...and that’s how she met them..
Literally, by borrowing a cup of sugar. She also said she loved Carl’s voice “he had the voice of an Angel”
She also described Dennis as being particular difficult!!

jbrownsjr 11-09-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1261871)
Listening to Ken, as I do. (on the radio)
Christine is on, in an interview from 2013, so no new stuff re the band.
She’s choosing tracks she likes.
She picks....Babylon Sister, by Steely Dan and says “this is one of my favourite songs ever”
Her first track was ...”God only knows” by the Beach Boys, she explained she lived next door to the Beach boys’ mother, Audrey...and that’s how she met them..
Literally, by borrowing a cup of sugar. She also said she loved Carl’s voice “he had the voice of an Angel”
She also described Dennis as being particular difficult!!

I love this interview. Her Billie Holiday song is one of my fav's. I remember listening to this interview thinking..."She's coming back!!"

I wasn't sure, but I had hope after this.

David 11-11-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1261871)

Great song, but I think Chris should prefer the title song, Gaucho, which I really like, Sue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrKuUb2ZCEs

aleuzzi 11-11-2020 05:49 PM

In another interview, she said her favorite song was Prince’s “Raspberry Beret,” which she claimed to have listened to a lot.

But she’s always admitted a deep appreciation for Steely Dan, particularly the “Gaucho” album.

sue 11-11-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1261926)
Great song, but I think Chris should prefer the title song, Gaucho, which I really like, Sue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrKuUb2ZCEs

Not being a big Steely Dan fan, I listened to Gaucho a few times.
I can get that Christine would like it....funky, jazzy, rhythm and blues..
But what do I know...I never got further than..Reelin in the Years

jbrownsjr 11-17-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1261930)
In another interview, she said her favorite song was Prince’s “Raspberry Beret,” which she claimed to have listened to a lot.

But she’s always admitted a deep appreciation for Steely Dan, particularly the “Gaucho” album.

She had Raspberry Beret in this interview. She said it was her favorite song ever because of the beat.

aleuzzi 11-18-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1262012)
She had Raspberry Beret in this interview. She said it was her favorite song ever because of the beat.

Ah—so it was the same interview. Been a while since I listened to it.

jbrownsjr 11-20-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1262018)
Ah—so it was the same interview. Been a while since I listened to it.

I have a copy if you want. And how dare you not post in here on my birthday! :lol:

michelej1 11-24-2020 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1261930)

I was a contestant on Joker's Wild once and the question was "She wore a Raspberry ____________." I had to fill in the blank. What a cinch.

aleuzzi 11-24-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1262080)
I was a contestant on Joker's Wild once and the question was "She wore a Raspberry ____________." I had to fill in the blank. What a cinch.

Seriously?! You were on that show? I loved watching it.

michelej1 11-24-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1262085)
Seriously?! You were on that show? I loved watching it.

Yes. It was 1984. I won $1500, Sprite, Rice a Roni and Taco Bell. I did not last very long.

I remember Bill Cullen had to read the lyrics and they confused him. “She walked in through the out door. She wore a raspberry _____.”

Of course I was a tremendous Prince fan.

But they also asked a Glenn Miller question regarding “In the Mood” and I got that one also.

jbrownsjr 06-07-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1262089)
Yes. It was 1984. I won $1500, Sprite, Rice a Roni and Taco Bell. I did not last very long.

I remember Bill Cullen had to read the lyrics and they confused him. “She walked in through the out door. She wore a raspberry _____.”

Of course I was a tremendous Prince fan.

But they also asked a Glenn Miller question regarding “In the Mood” and I got that one also.

Not sure how I missed this. But, that's awesome!!! :eek: