The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   TMZ reports Kristen & Lindsey may be divorcing (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59278)

rhiannondontgo 06-08-2021 02:50 PM

TMZ reports Kristen & Lindsey are divorcing

Anyone know if there’s any legitimacy to this?
https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/08/fleet...ak-up-divorce/

TrueFaith77 06-08-2021 02:53 PM

I don’t wanna know

David 06-08-2021 02:59 PM

Surely she can’t be that angry he’s talking to Mick again.

FuzzyPlum 06-08-2021 03:02 PM

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

rhiannondontgo 06-08-2021 03:02 PM

This site says they viewed the documents and she filed on the 2nd. So, seems pretty legit at this point.
https://theblast.com/6491811/fleetwo...for-divorce-af

mitzo 06-08-2021 03:45 PM

Lucky Linds got that payout from FM when he got fired, while Kristen was ranting about the unfairness of it all on social media. She gets a chunk of it now I bet.

rhiannondontgo 06-08-2021 03:49 PM

Anyone know if he had a pre-nup?

UnwindedDreams 06-08-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1267590)
Lucky Linds

Not luck, Entitled.

They chose to pay it instead of letting it go to trial.

Murrow 06-08-2021 04:07 PM

If it's true then I feel for him very deeply - he's had a rotten few years as it is.

Maybe she just got drained from supporting him through it all and felt her own needs (and I don't mean anything smutty there) weren't being met.

All I know is I've got two funerals potentially to go to in the coming fortnight and don't really need any drama from Mac members past or present right now.

KenshiMaster16 06-08-2021 05:23 PM

If he goes back to the Mac, can we get Rumours II: "I Was Not In Any Kind Of A Shacking Up Mood" Boogaloo coming soon?

In all seriousness, this sucks. Hoping the best for both of them.

TrueFaith77 06-08-2021 05:32 PM

I thought it was really weird he said he wasn’t writing any new music during covidpocalypse. Wonder how this fits in. Very sad for Lindsey. Hope he finds joy in his kids and his music from here on out.

I hope Stevie’s heart thaws too.

jbrownsjr 06-08-2021 05:46 PM

Now they can truly be together!

UnwindedDreams 06-08-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1267598)

Are you okay?:laugh:

jbrownsjr 06-08-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1267600)
Are you okay?:laugh:

Yes, but then I remembered, when the moon was full and bright. :xoxo:

TrueFaith77 06-08-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1267598)

I mean ... isn’t that what everyone was thinking?

TrueFaith77 06-08-2021 07:24 PM

Do you think a divorce could be Stevie’s price for letting Lindsey back in the band?

jbrownsjr 06-08-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1267606)
Do you think a divorce could be Stevie’s price for letting Lindsey back in the band?

I think her hatred of him goes deeper than that. But, 2023 is just around the corner. Frozen Love Unthawed Tour!

UnwindedDreams 06-08-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1267601)
Yes, but then I remembered, when the moon was full and bright. :xoxo:

I believe Stephanie and Harry Styles are attracted to each other. Never will she be attracted to someone her age haha

I hope Lindsey's children are doing fine.

Villavic 06-08-2021 08:54 PM

Not only TMZ

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny...3me-story.html

Messner’s divorce petition surfaced the same day Buckingham announced the release of the first single off his upcoming self-titled album.

Titled “I Don’t Mind,” the single is the first taste of new music he described as something “I’ve been intending to get out for a couple of years now, but on more than one occasion, unforeseen circumstances necessitated a postponement of plans.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3XqGyHV...g&name=360x360

bombaysaffires 06-08-2021 09:40 PM

too much time together during Covid? A lot of relationships fell apart because of it, including a number of celebs.

The timing of the filing... coinciding with the first single release.... generate even more coverage, or have things gotten nasty and trying to overshadow the new music with bad publicity??

It kind of seemed she had moved more into her own world with the equestrian stuff... and her interior design business seems to have slowed way down in recent years. Grow apart, but hang on til the kids are on their own??

They sold their big family house and bought one just a few doors down, tore it down and built a whole new crazy expensive one on the lot. It felt at the time like they were downsizing as the kids were reaching adulthood and building a potential retirement home in LA. Didn't they also buy a getaway place out on a golf course somewhere??

Makes me sad to think of him alone in his elder years. Who knows, maybe there'll be some new young babe to push his wheel chair..... :shrug:

Still...sad news.

Anywhere to hear the new song??

ETA: I think all her horse stuff was in Santa Rosa....so, interesting song title...

ETA: https://www.latimes.com/business/rea...nap-story.html

HomerMcvie 06-08-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1267613)

Anywhere to hear the new song??

There's a link in the new album thread.

bombaysaffires 06-08-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1267614)
There's a link in the new album thread.

thanks, classic case of asking before looking :eek:

found it and listened....
:woohoo:

bombaysaffires 06-08-2021 10:29 PM

Interesting, given the stated theme of the album, that it was the album he was wanting to put out and tour during the whole firing debacle. That was 2018, so.....maybe they've been rocky for a while...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...firing-733460/

HomerMcvie 06-08-2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1267616)
thanks, classic case of asking before looking :eek:

found it and listened....
:woohoo:

You're welcome.

And I do the same. I've embraced my inner laziness...

rhiannondontgo 06-08-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1267611)

Yeah it’s everywhere now. But when I posted the OG thread, it was just minutes after the TMZ announcement and nobody else had reported on it yet. Hence why I wasn’t sure about the legitimacy yet. Appears to be totally confirmed at this point now though.

rhiannondontgo 06-08-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1267613)
The timing of the filing... coinciding with the first single release.... generate even more coverage, or have things gotten nasty and trying to overshadow the new music with bad publicity??

Doubt it. She filed on June 2nd, it’s just a coincidence that today happened to be when TMZ spotted the filing. I doubt there was any intentional push to have the two things announced on the same day.
Additionally, I’d assume they’ve been separated for a bit first. Generally you don’t rush to the courthouse for divorce filings immediately after a fight. I’d imagine there was a trial separation or something first and they’ve been broken up for longer than we know.

bombaysaffires 06-08-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo (Post 1267622)
Doubt it. She filed on June 2nd, it’s just a coincidence that today happened to be when TMZ spotted the filing. I doubt there was any intentional push to have the two things announced on the same day.
Additionally, I’d assume they’ve been separated for a bit first. Generally you don’t rush to the courthouse for divorce filings immediately after a fight. I’d imagine there was a trial separation or something first and they’ve been broken up for longer than we know.

My comment about the timing was a bit sarcastic.
But I totally agree about this likely having been going on for quite some time. I did post in one of these LB threads a link to the 2018 Rolling Stone article he and Kristen did after the firing in which he mentions that the solo album he wanted to put out and tour behind at that time was this album, and his description of the songs is that they are about the difficulties that come in long-term relationships, so clearly they were working on things back then.

HomerMcvie 06-08-2021 11:26 PM

You know, sometimes too, life threatening experiences can change someone, and their priorities. Who knows how the heart attack changed their dynamic?

rhiannondontgo 06-08-2021 11:35 PM

This may be kind of rude to speculate about but I can’t help but think about how Kristen picked a very good time to file if we think about it financially. He’s not getting any of the usual big FM touring checks he used to get every few years - and he just got the settlement and the catalogue sale $$. This is probably the peak of his wealth since he has this stockpile now and there aren’t a ton of big money making opportunities in the future. Not sure what kinda prenup he may have had in place, but if it’s based on the net worth at time of separation then Kristen left at the absolute perfect time for monetary gain.

bombaysaffires 06-08-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo (Post 1267625)
This may be kind of rude to speculate about but I can’t help but think about how Kristen picked a very good time to file if we think about it financially. He’s not getting any of the usual big FM touring checks he used to get every few years - and he just got the settlement and the catalogue sale $$. This is probably the peak of his wealth since he has this stockpile now and there aren’t a ton of big money making opportunities in the future. Not sure what kinda prenup he may have had in place, but if it’s based on the net worth at time of separation then Kristen left at the absolute perfect time for monetary gain.

well, even if she didn't think of that, her lawyer certainly would have. :(

anusha 06-08-2021 11:57 PM

Dear god, no. Even if it would give us Tusk 2, I do not want Stevie and Lindsey back together. Blech.

rhiannondontgo 06-09-2021 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anusha (Post 1267627)
Dear god, no. Even if it would give us Tusk 2, I do not want Stevie and Lindsey back together. Blech.

Don’t think we’ll have to worry about that one 😂. They’re not even on speaking terms. I’d imagine if Lindsey moves on, it’ll be with some girl young enough to be his daughter lol

HomerMcvie 06-09-2021 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anusha (Post 1267627)

Even faking on stage. Never.:mad:

sue 06-09-2021 03:19 AM

In the 2009 documentary...”Don’t stop”. Doesn’t Stevie say something like.

“You know, when we are 75 and Lindsey’s precious children are gone, who knows”.

I’m sure it’s along those lines..(but not exact.)..made me gasp when I heard it.
She must have been down in the cellar...casting her spells.

vivfox 06-09-2021 09:55 AM

I hope it's not true. They made such an adorable couple and I loved how fiercely Kristen stood by Lindsey's side during his firing from FM and during his heart attack.

GypsySorcerer 06-09-2021 11:14 AM

This is a bit surprising, but with his firing from FM, the heart surgery, and Covid, they've certainly had their share of stressors. I attribute Lindsey's burst of creativity in the aughts at least partially to Kristen. Some of my favorite LB songs are from that era. I wish them both well.

michelej1 06-09-2021 12:57 PM

I am reminded of one of Ben Affleck’s acceptance speeches. He talked about how marriage is such hard work but there was no one he would rather do it with than Jennifer. People made fun of the speech at the time and predicted the end of his marriage, but there should be no shame in admitting that a relationship is hard and takes continued effort. That doesn’t mean that the relationship is doomed. Although I suppose in Ben and Jennifer’s case it did. And in Lindsey’s case, the struggle did not end successfully either.

I just hope he remains close to his children. He needs that. Sometimes kids take sides. I am glad that Stella is 17 and will be in college soon. They had their dad (when he wasn’t on the road or in the studio) for their whole childhoods.

Jondalar 06-09-2021 03:37 PM

Why get a divorce when you are in your 70s. They will be dead soon enough anyway and now they are going to die alone. Very sad.

sue 06-09-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1267654)
Why get a divorce when you are in your 70s. They will be dead soon enough anyway and now they are going to die alone. Very sad.

It is very sad, and kind of pointless, especially for him, at 71.
But Kristen is only 51...

And hey I’m 71 and ain’t dying any time soon..

sleepless child 06-09-2021 04:21 PM

Maybe reaching out to Mick and now they are friends again and talking about maybe doing a project together was too much for her. Kristen was very vocal in her anger over the situation. She might have said enough with Fleetwood Mac.