The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sarah Palin (Alaska Gov) McCain's VP (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37128)

Betsy 08-29-2008 09:37 AM

Sarah Palin (Alaska Gov) McCain's VP

CHICAGO -- A Republican source told the Chicago Tribune Friday that Sen. John McCain has chosen Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate. Campaign officials would not confirm the report.

CNBC News also reported that a Republican strategist had told the network that Palin is the pick.

vermicious knid 08-29-2008 10:27 AM

Countdown to the first person in the media to dismiss her for being in beauty pageants. A former football star wouldn't be dismissed, but she will be.

Brwn_eyes0511 08-29-2008 11:45 AM

I'm very shocked.. and happy! She has always been a Libertarian leaning Republican and now McCain has my vote believe it or not!

ajmccarrell 08-29-2008 11:48 AM

She's great! She's a real woman who hunts moose and everything. LOL! She comes from as far away from DC as you can get! It also helps that my dead aunt lived in Wasila under Palin.

BombaySapphire3 08-29-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511 (Post 770303)
I'm very shocked.. and happy! She has always been a Libertarian leaning Republican and now McCain has my vote believe it or not!

Well you are are a Republican so why would that be so difficult to believe?

Brwn_eyes0511 08-29-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 770305)
Well you are are a Republican so why would that be so difficult to believe?

:laugh: Well because I was still debating on who was getting my vote. I was going to vote Libertarian Party.

BombaySapphire3 08-29-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious knid (Post 770299)
Countdown to the first person in the media to dismiss her for being in beauty pageants. A former football star wouldn't be dismissed, but she will be.

I would hope that alot of women would dismiss her for her strong anti-abortion record and gun toting ..I watched her speak and she is no Hillary Clinton.

BombaySapphire3 08-29-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmccarrell (Post 770304)
She's great! She's a real woman who hunts moose and everything. LOL! She comes from as far away from DC as you can get! It also helps that my dead aunt lived in Wasila under Palin.

Is that the same aunt that knew about Hillary killing Vince Foster? I smell a conspiracy here!

Brwn_eyes0511 08-29-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 770311)
Is that the same aunt that knew about Hillary killing Vince Foster? I smell a conspiracy here!

:laugh:

skcin 08-29-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 770308)
I would hope that alot of women would dismiss her for her strong anti-abortion record and gun toting ..I watched her speak and she is no Hillary Clinton.

Looks like the McCain campaign wants to grab the women who are still pissed about Hillary losing the nomination. I know nothing about this woman, so I need to do some research before I make a decision about her. Not that I'd vote for McCain either way. But I hope he chose her because she's actually qualified & would be a good VP, not because she's a broad & might get him more votes. :cool:

BTW - It's McCain's 72nd birthday today. If that guy gets in & stays for 8 years (gulp) he'll be there when he's 80. Most people take their elderly parents' car keys away at that age, and some people are actually considering putting him into the most powerful position in the nation?

estranged4life 08-29-2008 01:00 PM

At least she is easy on my eyes compared to the other candidates :D

BombaySapphire3 08-29-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin (Post 770315)

BTW - It's McCain's 72nd birthday today. If that guy gets in & stays for 8 years (gulp) he'll be there when he's 80. Most people take their elderly parents' car keys away at that age, and some people are actually considering putting him into the most powerful position in the nation?

And a cancer survivor as well..Van Palin has only has 2 years experience as Governer and was a small town Mayor prior to that so I guess the Republicans can stop braying about Barack's lack of experience with her a 72 year old + cancer survivor's heartbeat away from the Presidency.

vermicious knid 08-29-2008 01:28 PM

She is the only one of the four of them with executive experience. Given that they are all seeking to be in an executive office, that is significant.

BombaySapphire3 08-29-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious knid (Post 770322)
She is the only one of the four of them with executive experience. Given that they are all seeking to be in an executive office, that is significant.

and so is the upholding of Roe vs. Wade and numerous other important issues that will be undone by a McCain /Palin adminsration ..even moreso if he croaks midterm leaving her the Pres.You described yourself as a Democrat ..if you are thinking of voting the Repub ticket only because of her gender I don't get it I am a gay man and believe me if one of these self loathing Log Cabin Republicans ever found themselves on A GOP ticket(would never happen so in theory only)You can bet I'd be out pounding the pavement for the Democratic ticket.

Brwn_eyes0511 08-29-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 770319)
and was a small town Mayor prior to that.... heartbeat away from the Presidency.

This is exactly what the Obama camp is saying.. To me this is an insult to most of America, which consists of many "small towns".. we can't all be NYC you know. This just does not hold up IMO. Team Obama should have taken the high road it always pats itself on the back for traveling.