The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I just found the Christine Perfect LP (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=26022)

Nicks Fan 03-20-2006 07:56 PM

I just found the Christine Perfect LP

About two weeks ago I was at Vertigo records and found for 6.95 the Christine Perfect al;bum with the pink cover. It is quite good. I was surprised that it was so cheap . I guess they didn't know what they had.

Matt

Richard B 03-20-2006 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan
About two weeks ago I was at Vertigo records and found for 6.95 the Christine Perfect al;bum with the pink cover. It is quite good. I was surprised that it was so cheap . I guess they didn't know what they had.

Matt

Yeah...the Christine Perfect album is quite good. But I see her in the bargain bin all the time at Amoeba Records.

SteveMacD 03-20-2006 08:39 PM

I think the most I've paid for it was $17, and that was for a brand new CD back in 1992 or so. But, I have several copies of that album, one costing about $3.00 or so at a flea market!

goldustsongbird 03-20-2006 10:24 PM

Cool. I have the CD... well, a burned copy, but if I had the album, I'd want to frame it.

Mary Anne, you have like, four copies don't you? Help a woman out. :p

macfan 57 03-21-2006 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
Mary Anne, you have like, four copies don't you? Help a woman out. :p

Yes, I have 4 copies, all different issues:

1. The original U.K. release from Blue Horizon, obviously on vinyl. This is the most rare & collectible release. A near mint copy would probably be worth well over $100, maybe even $150-$200.

2. The U.S. re-issue on vinyl. This is the Legendary Christine Perfect album. It has the pink cover. It's really not rare at all. They pop up on eBay ALOT.

3. The 1993 CD release, with terrific liner notes from Mike Vernon. It was released in Japan & Europe. Mine is from Europe. This used to be very rare, until a few months ago.;)

4. The Japan limited edition CD re-issue from a few months ago. This version has fantastic sound quality. This will be rare when it goes out of print again.;)

goldustsongbird 03-21-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57
Yes, I have 4 copies, all different issues:

1. The original U.K. release from Blue Horizon, obviously on vinyl. This is the most rare & collectible release. A near mint copy would probably be worth well over $100, maybe even $150-$200.

2. The U.S. re-issue on vinyl. This is the Legendary Christine Perfect album. It has the pink cover. It's really not rare at all. They pop up on eBay ALOT.

3. The 1993 CD release, with terrific liner notes from Mike Vernon. It was released in Japan & Europe. Mine is from Europe. This used to be very rare, until a few months ago.;)

4. The Japan limited edition CD re-issue from a few months ago. This version has fantastic sound quality. This will be rare when it goes out of print again.;)

That's pretty cool. I don't know why, but it never occured to me that, duh, the copies you had were probably not all the same issue, nor were they all on vinyl. Either way, I am envious ;)

littlewolf 03-22-2006 05:02 AM

i´ve never heard a note from it,although it´s often available with fleetwood mac compilation.i don´t touch that kind of releases.
what kind of music is it?

macfan 57 03-22-2006 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlewolf
i´ve never heard a note from it,although it´s often available with fleetwood mac compilation.i don´t touch that kind of releases.
what kind of music is it?

I'd described the album as mostly blues/soft rock. The keyboards are very prominent, more so than on any of Christine's other solo albums.

littlewolf 03-23-2006 12:48 PM

keyboards more prominent?
i take it you mean that piano and/or organ rather than synth,taken the time it was recorded?

HomerMcvie 03-23-2006 03:12 PM

I've got the Pink one.:lol: I've had it for so many years, I can't even remember where I bought it!:o

macfan 57 03-23-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlewolf
keyboards more prominent?
i take it you mean that piano and/or organ rather than synth,taken the time it was recorded?

Lots of piano & some organ, no synthesizers obviously, since it was recorded in 1969.

littlewolf 03-24-2006 02:36 AM

sounds good to me!
i knew it was a bloody mistake to join this site.
i was perfectly happy with all the fleetwood mac and related albums i had
and now i´m hungry for more,gotta start hunting for that one.
thanks a lot:rolleyes: