The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "The Vaults" on VBOFM - what's the deal? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=7520)

blinker12 10-15-2002 10:55 AM

"The Vaults" on VBOFM - what's the deal?

OK, I just bought my copy of "The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac," mostly for the new album documentary and the tour and video footage.
Well, the documentary plays fine _ and it sounds like they're working on some great new music _ but the vaults are only accessible through a Web link. And, as far as I can tell, the link doesn't work. I get a white screen that says something like, "page unavailable."
I've heard rumblings about other people having this same problem. What's the deal? Is the Web site faulty or is there something wrong on my end?

SmthngOfADreamr 10-15-2002 11:06 AM

I just bought the new CD too and the vaults are not working for me either, so I'm sure it's a problem with the site. You would think that the would have everything posted and the website available on the day of the album's release, but obviously I guess it's not working out that way. Maybe it will be up later in the day.

But the documentary footage is enough to keep me going for a while. The new stuff they were working on definatly does sound great and I liked Lindsey's optimism about how they're going to blow everyone away with the new album! It's clear to see that all the chemisty is still there, even without Christine.

SmthngOfADreamr 10-15-2002 11:49 AM

Hey it's working now!!

So far you can see The Chain and GYOW from Mirage, as well as the 7 wonders video plus Rhiannon from Rosebud!

Only problem is I can only get the audio and not the video right now, so it might just be a problem with my computer.

SmthngOfADreamr 10-15-2002 11:55 AM

Oh yeah, and it has Don't Stop from the Dance.

Just a thought, but it's kind of amusing how they refer to them as "rare" live performances... ehhhhhhhhhhhh... rare?

sulamith 10-15-2002 12:00 PM

What? No Gypsy video?
I bought mine a little while ago, but i have to wait until I get home to look at the enhanced parts....

The Gypsy video just has to be there! I have been wanting a clear copy of that for so long!

SmthngOfADreamr 10-15-2002 12:02 PM

It will probably end up there, I think they're going to change what's posted every once in a while, because it also promised interviews and I think maybe even more of the documentary, and so far none of that is there yet. Guess we'll see!

Mattress 10-15-2002 12:32 PM

I'm still awaiting my access code.

Are these up for download or just to stream?

Gypsy-Rhiannon 10-15-2002 12:52 PM

Just to watch....lol....I wonder who actually considers these rare!

Pip

BlueGrass 10-15-2002 01:03 PM

I'm still waiting for my access code too, but...WHOOOAAAA. That footage is great! I guess when Lindsey is singing "To get you to dance" into the mic that must be "Peacemaker." No GOS stuff to my surprise, I liked how they were just jamming and stuff. Great, great footage. This is worth it!

The pictures inside the sleeve are great, rare ones and in good quality too.

:) :p :cool: :wavey: :laugh: :nod:

Gypsy-Rhiannon 10-15-2002 01:25 PM

What access code???

Pip

BlueGrass 10-15-2002 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
What access code???

Pip

For the music videos and live footage @ the site. When you give them your e-mail they should give one to you.

nodmod 10-15-2002 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BlueGrass

For the music videos and live footage @ the site. When you give them your e-mail they should give one to you.

I never got one and I am veiwing The Vaults!!

The Vaults are little better then I first imagined, not so good for the die-hard fan but good for the target audience that the Very Best Of... is aimed at.

David 10-15-2002 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nodmod
The Vaults are little better then I first imagined, not so good for the die-hard fan but good for the target audience that the Very Best Of... is aimed at.
But wouldn't you expect only the diehard fans to bother viewing the video files online? Everybody else who buys the CD just wants to drop it in the car CD player for the work commute.

Does everyone have a different access code, by the way?

nodmod 10-15-2002 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by David

But wouldn't you expect only the diehard fans to bother viewing the video files online? Everybody else who buys the CD just wants to drop it in the car CD player for the work commute.

Does everyone have a different access code, by the way?

Not sure I agree, I will always look at the enhanced versions of CDs and maybe others do too. However the real issue is people without fast connections trying to stream the content!!

Overall a step in the right direction, but it is a few too years too late!! :o :o

Sorcerer386 10-15-2002 03:06 PM

Now, WHO was it who was complaining about Fleetwood Mac needing to get with the times? *shakes his finger at you* Lol, seriously though, I think they are doing a great job with this project. The Vault thing I think will be cool, especially with interviews and everything. I am really looking forward to The Year of Fleetwood Mac now...I was honeslty a little skeptical before, but I'm pretty wound up now! Heh. :wavey: