The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Top 5 Christine McVie/Perfect Songs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59454)

HomerMcvie 01-16-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1272009)
Two moments I remember:

1). Stevie is talking about trying to go for a Mills Brothers sound and then Lindsey and the engineers just begin talking right over her. She looks at them and then the camera with a WTF expression…

2). Stevie, Christine, Richard and Ken are listening to a playback of “Angel” and Stevie points out her singing “angel” in the background. Christine turns to Richard and in one of the most withering and sarcastic voices ever says, “angels in the background.” When she sees that Stevie has heard her she gives fake approval: “it sounds great.”

1). Yes! I love it. She's going on and on, then when they start talking over her, she twirls her finger beside her head, indicating that they're nuts.:D

2). I believe Bob Welch, that Christine was extremely sarcastic. You probably had to have thick skin to be around her on a daily basis, telling you that you're wearing a stupid, f*cking shirt.

HomerMcvie 01-16-2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1272008)
I may be of the few, but I think Mick, John and Christine are excellent musicians. Very capable, unique, and legendary. Stevie on the other hand is just an entertainer.

I'm a musician. We make fun of drummers. It's in our contract to do so.

jbrownsjr 01-16-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1272016)
I'm a musician. We make fun of drummers. It's in our contract to do so.

But that's not really why you make fun of MIck. :lol:

moon 01-17-2022 02:24 PM

Come on, you can't do only a Top 5!! I was trying to put 5 but only from the first albums with her I counted more! My Top 5 of Chris' angelical songs is:

- Brown Eyes. The amazing vocals of Chris at her best, with Peter's guitar at the end, and that hypnotic melody from the beginning
- Love In Store. A perfect way to open an almost perfect album. Lindsey and Stevie Nicks' backing vocals are simply a good complement to the song
- Come A Little Bit Closer. One of the most romantic and beautiful ballads I even heard!! Bob Welch solo, another good moment there!
- Hollywood (Another Kind Of Town). Chris at a more mature way, talking about her "negative"? to take part on the Time project. It has a good time extension, and pretty lyrics too
- Sooner Or Later. Simply perfect. One of her best songs ever. And it's incredible to know that she recorded it alone, just with a session guitar player and not so much, and then the rest added their parts and completed a truly masterpiece...

And my special mentions go to:
- Everywhere. A classic one, every year when I hear it I find it fresh and sticky!
- Over & Over. Another good one, to break the Rumours' atmosphere and introduce us to the Tusk days
- Homeward Bound. Christine as a rocker?? Yeah! A good rock song in a good album like Bare Trees.
- Wish You Were Here. (I said it before) The perfect way to close an almost perfect album. Long, emotional, and the piano mixing with the guitar is simply awesome...
- Warm Ways. One of my favourite ballads from FM, a good work of Lindsey on guitars

aleuzzi 01-17-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1272037)
Come on, you can't do only a Top 5!! I was trying to put 5 but only from the first albums with her I counted more! My Top 5 of Chris' angelical songs is:

- Brown Eyes. The amazing vocals of Chris at her best, with Peter's guitar at the end, and that hypnotic melody from the beginning
- Love In Store. A perfect way to open an almost perfect album. Lindsey and Stevie Nicks' backing vocals are simply a good complement to the song
- Come A Little Bit Closer. One of the most romantic and beautiful ballads I even heard!! Bob Welch solo, another good moment there!
- Hollywood (Another Kind Of Town). Chris at a more mature way, talking about her "negative"? to take part on the Time project. It has a good time extension, and pretty lyrics too
- Sooner Or Later. Simply perfect. One of her best songs ever. And it's incredible to know that she recorded it alone, just with a session guitar player and not so much, and then the rest added their parts and completed a truly masterpiece...

- Everywhere. A classic one, every year when I hear it I find it fresh and sticky!
- Over & Over. Another good one, to break the Rumours' atmosphere and introduce us to the Tusk days
- Homeward Bound. Christine as a rocker?? Yeah! A good rock song in a good album like Bare Trees.
- Wish You Were Here. (I said it before) The perfect way to close an almost perfect album. Long, emotional, and the piano mixing with the guitar is simply awesome...
- Warm Ways. One of my favourite ballads from FM, a good work of Lindsey on guitars

I love that you love Hollywood and Sooner or Later…

jbrownsjr 01-17-2022 06:13 PM

Sooner or Later is such a beautifully produced song. I wish Mick would have accented the end a little more.

SteveMacD 01-19-2022 07:50 PM

CHRISTINE PERFECT
Mean Old World
Get Like You Used To Be
I’d Rather Go Blind
Crazy ‘Bout You, Baby
I’m On My Way

CHRISTINE McVIE (Fleetwood Mac)
Say You Love Me
Think About Me
Isn’t It Midnight
Spare Me A Little
Don’t Stop

CHRISTINE McVIE (Solo)
Ask Anybody
Calumny
Got A Hold On Me
One In A Million
Easy Come, Easy Go

bwboy 01-19-2022 09:23 PM

As Long As You Follow
Brown Eyes
Little Lies
Isn’t It Midnight
Save Me

moon 01-20-2022 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1272039)
I love that you love Hollywood and Sooner or Later…

Oh, thank you so much! :D
Time was definitely a good album to confirm that Christine's work there was probably the best, and in some cases (and respecting every single point of view) even better than some of her "oldies"...

jbrownsjr 01-20-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1272153)
As Long As You Follow
Brown Eyes
Little Lies
Isn’t It Midnight
Save Me

I love this list.

jbrownsjr 01-20-2022 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1272146)
CHRISTINE PERFECT
Mean Old World
Get Like You Used To Be
I’d Rather Go Blind
Crazy ‘Bout You, Baby
I’m On My Way

CHRISTINE McVIE (Fleetwood Mac)
Say You Love Me
Think About Me
Isn’t It Midnight
Spare Me A Little
Don’t Stop

CHRISTINE McVIE (Solo)
Ask Anybody
Calumny
Got A Hold On Me
One In A Million
Easy Come, Easy Go

Now see if you can get this down to 5 best Christine songs of the moment.

michelej1 01-21-2022 01:42 AM

I won't name 5 but any list I made would include:

Hold Me
Calumny
SYLM

I am tempted to say Over My Head as well, but that might be one that changes depending on when you ask me. The other 3 would never change.

Macfan4life 01-21-2022 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1272037)

I like that you included Love In Store. It almost made my list. It has always been one of my favorite songs. The bouncy beat, the harmonies, and the lyrics make be melt :) Its pure pop perfection. I love how Chris bounces while singing it live. The band almost sounds like a doo wop band the harmonies are so good. Its a killer live too. I know the band spent a fortune on 2 videos for Mirage and the band was not getting along but it was a miss not to do a video for this song. In peak MTV time there were no songs in the top 20 without a video. A video could have launched Love In Store into the top 10. It was a huge medium to promote and get airplay. Of course the band did not mind, they wanted to hurry up and just finish the Mirage tour and go their separate ways.

Jondalar 01-21-2022 08:44 PM

With Fleetwood Mac
1. You Make Loving Fun
2. Songbird
3. Little Lies
4. Everywhere
5. Honey Hi

Solo
1. Got a Hold on Me
2. The Challenge
3. Friend
4. Love Will Show Us How
5. Northern Star (She didn't write but I really like it.)

michelej1 01-22-2022 06:12 PM

Yes, Northern Star is so beautiful. One of the main things that allow me to forgive Dan Perfect for his many offenses against humanity.