The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bella Donna 40th anniversary (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59297)

jbrownsjr 07-23-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1268371)
Never been a huge “Think About It” fan. Though I dig the vibe of the run-through of it on the RUMOURS DELUXE reissue. And the line “Heartbreak of the moment is not endless” is so silly I love to quote it.

Because you've never woke up in the velvet of the morning. And then stared at the stairs wondering where the hell you were!!

David 07-23-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1268375)
Because you've never woke up in the velvet of the morning. And then stared at the stairs wondering where the hell you were!!

We are Flintstones kids — ten million strong . . . and growing.

Macfan4life 07-23-2021 03:42 PM

I love Think About It. Stevie rarely writes such uplifting songs and I relish in it. The line that always got me was "Even when you think your life is fading, I know that you'll go on forever.... your're that good."
OMG that line stayed with me through lots of tough times. Equally cool is the official dedication to Christine on the liner notes.
But to tell the truth, I've always wanted to step out into the velvet of the morning. That sounds too good to be true. My mornings are never velvet. They are more leather and lace.

aleuzzi 07-23-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1268375)

Instead, I was crying’ in the morning, tryna’ be strong. I had to learn to be a stranger.

jbrownsjr 07-25-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1268384)
Instead, I was crying’ in the morning, tryna’ be strong. I had to learn to be a stranger.

Ok the "I had to learn to be a stranger" made me scream!!!

That's really funny. Why the f(** does one need to learn to be a stranger??? hahahahahahah. Are there classes for that?

aleuzzi 07-26-2021 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1268397)
Ok the "I had to learn to be a stranger" made me scream!!!

That's really funny. Why the f(** does one need to learn to be a stranger??? hahahahahahah. Are there classes for that?

I know, right? Maybe Bob Dylan teaches such classes.

HomerMcvie 07-26-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1268405)
I know, right? Maybe Bob Dylan teaches such classes.

I wonder if $he regrets making the Bob Dylan comment?

Does $he realize that $he's not even a pimple on Bob Dylan's ass?

Nope. I'm sure $he doesn't.

mitzo 07-26-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268407)
I wonder if $he regrets making the Bob Dylan comment?

Does $he realize that $he's not even a pimple on Bob Dylan's ass?

Nope. I'm sure $he doesn't.

It is unlikely she regrets that or anything else, really. She is extremely wealthy and has had remarkable fame, pulling others along in her wake.

HomerMcvie 07-26-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1268408)
It is unlikely she regrets that or anything else, really. She is extremely wealthy and has had remarkable fame, pulling others along in her wake.

Go throw some darts at your Lindsey dart board.

:wavey::lol::wavey::lol::wavey:

BombaySapphire3 07-26-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1268408)

Or he could have accepted the offer to join Fleetwood Mas as first offered on his own and left her to the waitressing job at Clementine's .At best she would be a retired grade school teacher now living on her Calpers pension and playing bingo at the local senior center.

mitzo 07-26-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1268410)
Or he could have accepted the offer to join Fleetwood Mas as first offered on his own and left her to the waitressing job at Clementine's .At best she would be a retired grade school teacher now living on her Calpers pension and playing bingo at the local senior center.

Face it, Linds would still be a nobody if he hadn't had the chance to play backup to Stevie.

UnwindedDreams 07-26-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1268411)
Face it, Linds would still be a nobody if he hadn't had the chance to play backup to Stevie.

Christine would be a nobody if she hadn't played backup to Stevie.:laugh:

Lindsey must've been a somebody because Mick asked about the guitarist in Frozen Love.

sue 07-26-2021 03:19 PM

I am a nobody and love it.
Just about to write today’s diary..
“Got up and looked at the weather, I etc etc etc.

It was him Fleetwood wanted, couldn’t have cared less about Stevie, he’s said it often enough…

HomerMcvie 07-26-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1268410)

Absolutely. And yet the ungrateful shrew has forgotten that. $he owes him everything.

Oh yeah - I don't think $he's smart enough to be a school teacher....

HomerMcvie 07-26-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1268411)

YOU.ARE.RIDICULOUS.

Show us pics of your $tevie $hrine!!!!

I'll bet you've got little Lindsey voodoo dolls.