The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey autobiography coming soon? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59038)

sleepless child 10-07-2020 08:12 AM

I am very sad about Eddie's passing. What a wonderful talent. Such a loss

David 10-08-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1260502)
Every day someone dies.

Remember that Sondheim song Every Day a Little Death?

Quote:

Then in 15-20 years it will be us.
WHAT?!

David 10-08-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1260293)
Or bore them to death, more likely.

A book of transcribed Lindsey interviewspeak would indeed be a slow read.

Villavic 10-09-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1260271)
He is going to destroy Stevie and Mick and they deserve it.

From what little I know about Lindsey, I don't see him as someone who likes to write his autobiography. But I may be wrong. Definitely it would be very interesting to read it.

If he decides to write it, I hope he just write the truth, and as objective as possible. I would be dissapointed if he uses the book as a gun to intentionally destroy anyone. I expect the best of him. Just the truth, admitting own mistakes, and telling us other's mistakes, the actual episodes, with no exageration, gossip or offenses.

michelej1 10-09-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1260551)
Remember that Sondheim song Every Day a Little Death?

In the butter, in the bread.

After Phantom and Hamilton, A Little Night Music is my favorite sound track.

TrueFaith77 10-09-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1260622)
In the butter, in the bread.

After Phantom and Hamilton, A Little Night Music is my favorite sound track.

I am beyond shocked. I’m no musical theater expert but these first two are not at all enjoyable to me.

Personal favs are Hair, Godspell, JCS, and Closer to Heaven.

aleuzzi 10-12-2020 08:11 AM

If he is writing his memoirs, I do hope he has a very involved editor and/or ghost writer. As valuable as Lindsey’s perspective would be, he tends to sound rehearsed and formal, as if he were trying to stick to a script about cycles and changes and profoundness and craft so as not to lose his bottle talking about the other four.

michelej1 10-12-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1260628)
I am beyond shocked. I’m no musical theater expert but these first two are not at all enjoyable to me.

Personal favs are Hair, Godspell, JCS, and Closer to Heaven.

Oh, my Fringe friend. We have now parted ways and are on divergent paths, much like Lindsey and Stevie.

There is a point when the Phantom hears Christine Daae talking. He thought she cared for him, but discovers she is plotting to trap him and when that realization hits he tearfully trills, "Christine. Christ-ine." I sing that line often to our very own Christine, who has broken my heart.

TrueFaith77 10-15-2020 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1260764)
Oh, my Fringe friend. We have now parted ways and are on divergent paths, much like Lindsey and Stevie.

There is a point when the Phantom hears Christine Daae talking. He thought she cared for him, but discovers she is plotting to trap him and when that realization hits he tearfully trills, "Christine. Christ-ine." I sing that line often to our very own Christine, who has broken my heart.

Ah the kind of detail Joel Schumacher mucked up. Beautiful. Redeemed.

michelej1 10-15-2020 02:19 PM

Oh no. Schumacher never crossed my mind. I have seen the play many times. In London, in New York, but mostly in Los Angeles. It came to the Pantages every year.