The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Round 1 Nominations: Mirage (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52464)

MacShadowsBall 08-15-2013 12:39 PM

Round 1 Nominations: Mirage

Speeding it up a little bit to prevent burnout and keep the contest from dragging too much, so here's the poll for Christine Mirage songs.

Multiple choice - vote for the songs you strongly believe to be Christine's best and definitive songs from the Mirage album.

Poll closes in 4 days. :cool:

michelej1 08-15-2013 01:57 PM

Love in Store is the only one I hesitated about voting for, but in the end, I feel it warrants it and perhaps I had an underdog sense of loyalty to it.

But I love her two closing songs. Maybe they would not have stood out on another album, but they were exactly key to that one, in no small part due to their placement.

Hold Me . . . well, Christine aside, that's just a top 5 FM song, period, in my book.

Michele

Dex 08-16-2013 07:15 AM

I always kinda thought Love in Store was a fine-but-second-rate rehash of Think About Me.

Hold Me is sublime, and gets my only vote for this round.

The other two do absolutely nothing for me. The most filler-y songs on an already relatively filler-y album. I'm really surprised at how other voters feel differently. These polls are fascinating! :)

moon 08-16-2013 01:08 PM

I voted for them all!!!!!
Like Dex, I also think that Love In Store and Think About Me are like a 1st and 2nd part of the same song, or something like that.
Anyway, I love to see that songs like Only Over You and Wish You Were Here had more than 1 vote. These songs are beautiful!
And of course, we need a remastered album, please!!!!
Regards

MacShadowsBall 08-16-2013 01:16 PM

I'm surprised by the amount of votes that Wish You Were Here has received, so far. It's one of my favorite Christine songs, so I'm excited about the possibility of it moving forward! :cool:

jbrownsjr 08-16-2013 03:52 PM

I did it this way...

Hold Me vs Love In Story = Hold Me (gets vote)

Only Over You vs Wish You Were Here = Wish you Were Here (gets vote)

I love the piano parts on both Hold Me and Wish you Were Here.. so classy, so tasteful and gorgeous...

jbrownsjr 08-16-2013 03:56 PM

Having said that... I love Lindsey's guitar work at the end of Only Over You....

Christine should get honorable mention for her backing vocals on Mirage.. She is all over the place with beautiful harmonies and backing vocals.. Her work on Gypsy and Book of Love really stand out too.

HomerMcvie 08-17-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1100474)
I did it this way...

Hold Me vs Love In Story = Hold Me (gets vote)

Only Over You vs Wish You Were Here = Wish you Were Here (gets vote)

I love the piano parts on both Hold Me and Wish you Were Here.. so classy, so tasteful and gorgeous...

I agree, John. Only Over You was never a favorite of mine, comparatively, until Lindsey's guitar work was taken into account. The ending is sublime!

urbanscot 08-17-2013 07:07 AM

I voted for Hold Me and Love In Store.

jbrownsjr 08-18-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1100510)
I agree, John. Only Over You was never a favorite of mine, comparatively, until Lindsey's guitar work was taken into account. The ending is sublime!

The ending of Wish You were Here is a cool jam too...

MacShadowsBall 08-18-2013 08:17 PM

Well I vote for the obvious hit Hold Me, and one of my favorites Wish You Were Here. Love in Store and Wish You Were Here now have 48% votes. Remember a song must get at least 50% to move forward.

Still got till tomorrow lunch time for voting. :cool:

MacShadowsBall 08-19-2013 01:08 PM

Love in Store and Wish You Were Here failed to get 50%, so Hold Me is the only song that moves forward in the contest. :cool: