The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Prediction for Fleetwood Mac's next activity (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59526)

SteveMacD 02-02-2023 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1282419)
Ah, the “Who the Hell is in Fleetwood Mac Tour of ‘24”

Wouldn’t be the first time they had a tour like that.

bombaysaffires 02-02-2023 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1282164)
Ferrone over Taku Hirano for supplement? Then don't forget The Webb Sisters on bgv.

Taku could be considered as one of "Lindsey's guys" a la Brett, so maybe not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1282414)
In 2024 Stevie will reunite with Mick. A tour will be announced with Sheryl Crow as a new member. Neil Fin will also be included on this tour.

Welp, the normalization of Sheryl as somehow part of FM or the FM family (though she's never done a thing with them, unlike many of the other musicians mentioned) has begun, with her appearing with Mick at the Grammy's and singing Chris's songs.

SteveMacD 02-02-2023 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1282434)
Taku could be considered as one of "Lindsey's guys" a la Brett, so maybe not.

The joke I was making that the backing band will now be Steve Ferrone, Benmont Tench, Ron Blair, and Scott Thurston. UnwindedDreams brought up Taku.

Taku being one of Lindsey’s guys should have been dispelled on the 2018-19 tour.

Quote:

Welp, the normalization of Sheryl as somehow part of FM or the FM family (though she's never done a thing with them
She played organ and sang harmonies on “Say You Will” and “Silver Girl.”

bombaysaffires 02-02-2023 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1282435)
The joke I was making that the backing band will now be Steve Ferrone, Benmont Tench, Ron Blair, and Scott Thurston. UnwindedDreams brought up Taku.

Taku being one of Lindsey’s guys should have been dispelled on the 2018-19 tour.

She played organ and sang harmonies on “Say You Will” and “Silver Girl.”

yes, but the average person doesn't know that. She's never been seen performing with them. (a scene in the documentary doesn't count)

Macfan4life 02-03-2023 04:55 AM

During the 2024 tour, Silver Girl will be performed. It will be dedicated to Sheryl and welcoming her to the band. It will be the "Gypsy Story" of the tour. Stevie will say how it was a premonition how she wrote it about Sheryl and was on an album without Chris. She will go on to explain how she wrote it and how it relates to Sheryl.

bombaysaffires 02-03-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1282443)
During the 2024 tour, Silver Girl will be performed. It will be dedicated to Sheryl and welcoming her to the band. It will be the "Gypsy Story" of the tour. Stevie will say how it was a premonition how she wrote it about Sheryl and was on an album without Chris. She will go on to explain how she wrote it and how it relates to Sheryl.

so sad that such comments don't even stand out as obvious satire anymore, because reality has gotten so f^#*ed that it feels entirely possible.

UnwindedDreams 02-03-2023 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1282435)

Neale isn't a Lindsey guy either, right?

Who did Taku tour with in 2021 and 2022? I genuinely don't know. Stevie stopped using percussion in 2012.

SteveMacD 02-03-2023 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1282462)
Neale isn't a Lindsey guy either, right?

That whole “Lindsey’s guy” thing is BS, otherwise Neale and Taku wouldn’t have been on the 2018 tour. Brett was cut because he pleaded on Lindsey’s behalf after Neil and Mike were in. In other words, he didn’t believe in the tour, which was his right. However, they had the right to move on from him and find someone who would believe in the tour.

Furthermore, it was Mick who initially knew Neale and Neale has collaborated with Stevie. He might be primarily known as Lindsey’s right hand guy, but that doesn’t mean it was ever an exclusive relationship.

UnwindedDreams 02-03-2023 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1282463)
That whole “Lindsey’s guy” thing is BS, otherwise Neale and Taku wouldn’t have been on the 2018 tour. Brett was cut because he pleaded on Lindsey’s behalf after Neil and Mike were in. In other words, he didn’t believe in the tour, which was his right. However, they had the right to move on from him and find someone who would believe in the tour.

Furthermore, it was Mick who initially knew Neale and Neale has collaborated with Stevie. He might be primarily known as Lindsey’s right hand guy, but that doesn’t mean it was ever an exclusive relationship.

Where did Mick know Neale from? Neale sent Stevie a musical track which she sang New Orleans too.

It is interesting that Mick posted a tribute to Brett last year whereas Stevie didn't.

SteveMacD 02-03-2023 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1282464)
Where did Mick know Neale from? Neale sent Stevie a musical track which she sang New Orleans too.

It is interesting that Mick posted a tribute to Brett last year whereas Stevie didn't.

Mick and Neale first worked together on Peter Bardens’ 1988 album Speed of Light.

Brett had been a member of the Zoo.

UnwindedDreams 02-03-2023 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1282465)
Mick and Neale first worked together on Peter Bardens’ 1988 album Speed of Light.

Brett had been a member of the Zoo.

Thank you for the info about Peter Bardens.

Brett toured with Stevie for 10 years too. She would say in her band into that he was her 2nd favorite Hammond player, which I guess she says about Ricky too.

Macfan4life 02-04-2023 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1282461)
so sad that such comments don't even stand out as obvious satire anymore, because reality has gotten so f^#*ed that it feels entirely possible.

Its an honest prediction but I can see the satire in it ;)

Mr Scarrott 02-06-2023 07:38 PM

For what it's worth, some wikipedian or other has changed the Fleetwood Mac article to the past tense:

"Fleetwood Mac were a British-American rock band, formed in London in 1967. Fleetwood Mac were founded by guitarists and vocalists Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer, and drummer Mick Fleetwood...."

That kind of feels right, despite Mick's slight equivocation. I suppose technically we've been here before in the 1996-1997 interregnum but even allowing for the strangeness of the band's final incarnation, it's a sad day.

Rest in peace and pieces, Fleetwood Mac. Thank you, guys and gals.

SteveMacD 02-06-2023 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1282624)
I suppose technically we've been here before in the 1996-1997 interregnum

Even then, we knew Mick was working with Lindsey before it was announced Fleetwood Mac had broken up. And, in very short order, Mick, Stevie, Christine, and John attended the Kentucky Derby with Steve Winwood filling in for Lindsey and “Twisted” was released. So, it was obvious there was momentum building for the Rumours band getting back together.

Now, with Christine gone, it doesn’t really matter what happens. I mean, I’d still go just to see Mick and hear the songs, but Fleetwood Mac is over.

Karlie 02-06-2023 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1282624)
For what it's worth, some wikipedian or other has changed the Fleetwood Mac article to the past tense:

"Fleetwood Mac were a British-American rock band, formed in London in 1967. Fleetwood Mac were founded by guitarists and vocalists Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer, and drummer Mick Fleetwood...."

That kind of feels right, despite Mick's slight equivocation. I suppose technically we've been here before in the 1996-1997 interregnum but even allowing for the strangeness of the band's final incarnation, it's a sad day.

Rest in peace and pieces, Fleetwood Mac. Thank you, guys and gals.

With Christine gone, I wouldn’t want to see any combination of the remaining members touring or recording as “Fleetwood Mac,” but reading that wiki page in past tense was like a punch in the gut.

Like, what do you do when, not just your favorite band, but your favorite anything, the people and art that defined your life (and for many of us born in the 70s or later, your whole life) are over? Really, it was all over on 11/30, but there’s something so surreal about seeing “Fleetwood Mac was…” written out like that.

I suppose this is how the past 40+ years must have felt for Beatles fans. We’re lucky to have had them for so long, and of course we’ll always have the music, but it still feels so weird… like now what? I guess I need a new hobby or something?

Thank you, Fleetwood Mac, for bringing us along on the wildest ride in rock and roll history.