The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Prediction for Fleetwood Mac's next activity (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59526)

FuzzyPlum 09-05-2023 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1287657)
There was a big benefit concert there a week ago(my cousin performed at it).

Mick probably figured that there wasn't enough return for himself in it?

Ha….big, but not big enough for Mick. Perhaps he asked Lindsey and he said no so gave up on the idea. We’ll see….still time.

Villavic 09-05-2023 03:57 PM

Do you mean Maui Ola: A Benefit Concert for Maui?

I read this article and the list of artists sounds mostly local, hawaiians, or at least I don't identify any wide known artists, legentds, etc.

https://www.mauinews.com/news/commun...elief-efforts/

I read about other concerts but they are local scope too (San Antonio, Sonoma), but no mega concert. I think if someone organizes and asks mega artists (popular, legends), several will accept to help.

Macfan4life 09-05-2023 04:05 PM

I hope I am wrong but still predict some sort of benefit concert in LA. Stevie and Lindsey will both perform together and shake hands on stage. There will be lots of hoopla around it too.

Now will Mick sell meet and greets?
Dont laugh yet. Remember this guy sold his rock n roll hall of fame award for petty cash.

FuzzyPlum 09-05-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1287693)
I hope I am wrong but still predict some sort of benefit concert in LA. Stevie and Lindsey will both perform together and shake hands on stage. There will be lots of hoopla around it too.

Now will Mick sell meet and greets?
Dont laugh yet. Remember this guy sold his rock n roll hall of fame award for petty cash.

You hope you’re wrong? Why???? It would be a good thing. Some closure of sorts for the band….and for a good cause.

Macfan4life 09-05-2023 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1287698)
You hope you’re wrong? Why???? It would be a good thing. Some closure of sorts for the band….and for a good cause.

Let me play Never Going Back Again on my guitar or Can't Go Back on my casio piano :)

I have no issue with raising money for the people of Maui. I don't want to see Stevie trying to save face for her Maui response and for what she did to Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac's last tour. Yes I know. I am still bitter and always will be. Yes I know Lindsey would do it in a heartbeat but I hope he would not. Mick did not need Lindsey until now he needs Lindsey now that Chris is gone. If anything it makes me even more bitter.

FuzzyPlum 09-06-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1287708)
Let me play Never Going Back Again on my guitar or Can't Go Back on my casio piano :)

I have no issue with raising money for the people of Maui. I don't want to see Stevie trying to save face for her Maui response and for what she did to Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac's last tour. Yes I know. I am still bitter and always will be. Yes I know Lindsey would do it in a heartbeat but I hope he would not. Mick did not need Lindsey until now he needs Lindsey now that Chris is gone. If anything it makes me even more bitter.

Fair play. I get it…..but I’d still like to see it happen, I guess.

SteveMacD 09-06-2023 08:57 PM

If Stevie couldn’t even mention Lindsey in her letter about Maui when she talked about Mick, John, and Christine, I doubt she has any plans on taking the stage with Lindsey.

UnwindedDreams 09-07-2023 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1287769)
If Stevie couldn’t even mention Lindsey in her letter about Maui when she talked about Mick, John, and Christine, I doubt she has any plans on taking the stage with Lindsey.

I agree. Also Mike wasn't mentioned in that letter and he has a place in Maui.

The Buckingham Nicks post however was a shock to see her even post a photo of her WITH Lindsey who her team makes out to be an abusive demon and given that she HATES the cover. I didn't think she'd acknowledge the anniversary.

Murrow 10-17-2023 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1286880)
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you will see Fleetwood Mac onstage again with the Say You Will era lineup of Lindsey, Stevie, Mick and John.

It's not a matter of if, but when. When Stevie finishes her 2023 tour dates, there will be discussions.

It will not be a long tour. There won't be an album or new music.

There will be a few one-off shows as a way of closing the door and paying a final tribute to Christine. They might play 3 or 4 festivals.

You have not seen the last of Lindsey and Stevie sharing the same stage. Mark my words.

Lindsey is working on his own album right now. He will want to promote that if anything.

Moreover all I can say is dream on - no don't even dream. John's had enough, so much bad blood, no more Chris to be peacekeeper (note lowercase).

It really is best just put to rest now. No funeral required.

FM77 12-10-2023 06:05 PM

Stevie will continue to tour solo. 9 shows with Billy Joel grossed nearly 100 million. She is done with FM. Chris is gone—-there is no band. Time marches on.

UnwindedDreams 12-10-2023 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1290423)
Stevie will continue to tour solo. 9 shows with Billy Joel grossed nearly 100 million. She is done with FM. Chris is gone—-there is no band. Time marches on.

True, just not for the songs in her setlist.

HomerMcvie 12-10-2023 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1290423)

I hope you're right. The daisies are getting tall.

David 12-20-2023 04:37 PM

Agreed. Mac is over. Mick will find some players, Stevie will tour and twirl, Lindsey will record overtreated, painstaking albums, and John will I hope enjoy peace and quiet and good health.

BrownEyedGirl26 02-11-2024 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1290673)
Agreed. Mac is over. Mick will find some players, Stevie will tour and twirl, Lindsey will record overtreated, painstaking albums, and John will I hope enjoy peace and quiet and good health.

It would just be nice for the fans, if they could get together, at least one last time, while they're all still alive.

They could call themselves 'The Three Fireflies'. Mick, Lindsey and Stevie. If John can borrow a bass for the event considering he has sold his bass, it could be 'The Four Fireflies'.

Melanie Safka, ('Brand New Key', 'Lay Down', (Candles In The Rain'), 'Ruby Tuesday') passed away recently. She was 76. We, don't live forever, unfortunately!

BrownEyedGirl26 02-11-2024 05:36 AM

[QUOTE=BrownEyedGirl26;1292246]It would just be nice for the fans, if they could get together, at least one last time, while they're all still alive.

They could call themselves 'The Three Fireflies'. Mick, Lindsey and Stevie. If John can borrow a bass for the event considering he has sold his bass, it could be 'The Four Fireflies'.

Melanie Safka, ('Brand New Key', 'Lay Down, Lay Down, (Candles In The Rain'), and her version of the Rolling Stones, 'Ruby Tuesday'), passed away recently. She was 76.

Melanie was a sweet lady and always treated her fans with kindness and respect. This will be her legacy, and of course, her, beautiful, amazing voice. 'Rest In Peace, Lovely Lady'!