The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Something new from Mick Fleetwood (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59587)

UnwindedDreams 06-28-2022 08:18 PM

Something new from Mick Fleetwood

https://mickfleetwoodcoffee.com

What can't Mick accomplish?!!!:blob2:

WalkAThinLine. 06-28-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1275652)

What can't Mick accomplish?!!!:blob2:

Proper management of his finances

HomerMcvie 06-28-2022 10:05 PM

Mick Fleetwood is THE card carrying IDIOT.

bombaysaffires 06-28-2022 11:52 PM

dear lawd... he cashed that publishing $$$ check and the snake oil salesman beat a path to his door. This will rank right up there with his wines (are those even still around??). I'll never forget that pic of him sitting in a Costco or some such waiting for someone, anyone to stop by his little table.

I wonder the fate of his restaurant in Maui. That had to hemorrhage a crap ton of money during the pandemic, and not sure tourism there has recovered yet. They get a lot of the tourists off the cruise ships, and not sure those are doing well either. :shrug:

Guess he wanted stuff he could sell and ship to people even if they can't leave their homes. But who the hell wants the branded merch that goes with???

HomerMcvie 06-29-2022 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1275667)
dear lawd... he cashed that publishing $$$ check and the snake oil salesman beat a path to his door. This will rank right up there with his wines (are those even still around??). I'll never forget that pic of him sitting in a Costco or some such waiting for someone, anyone to stop by his little table.

I wonder the fate of his restaurant in Maui. That had to hemorrhage a crap ton of money during the pandemic, and not sure tourism there has recovered yet. They get a lot of the tourists off the cruise ships, and not sure those are doing well either. :shrug:

Guess he wanted stuff he could sell and ship to people even if they can't leave their homes. But who the hell wants the branded merch that goes with???

I follow his restaurant on FB, and it looks like it's doing okay.

But he's the king of bad, cheesy decisions. His next book should be - Mick Fleetwood - How To Be A Famous Musician, And Perpetually Broke.

I'll bet he's really freaking out now, that it looks like the band is done.

BigAl84 06-29-2022 12:20 PM

I wonder if the infamous Jonathan Todd is behind this business venture.

David 06-29-2022 01:56 PM

This new venture is a tantalizing combination of almond, caramel, and a slight hint of cocoa to inspire a mellow acidity (think fresh garden tomato). This medium-bodied creation is sure to be a fan favorite.

Frederick Harrison, English historian, positivist, and disciple of Auguste Comte

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...c_Harrison.jpg

bombaysaffires 06-29-2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1275672)
I follow his restaurant on FB, and it looks like it's doing okay.

But he's the king of bad, cheesy decisions. His next book should be - Mick Fleetwood - How To Be A Famous Musician, And Perpetually Broke.

I'll bet he's really freaking out now, that it looks like the band is done.

I dunno.... he did a tv interview where he was asked about the publishing cash out and he said that actually it would allow him to do things that otherwise he'd have to wait a number of years down the line to do. I took that to mean that instead of slogging through one or possibly two more tours over the coming years as geriatrics to get the cash he needed, he suddenly had it all in a lump sum he could start spending NOW without ever going back on the road.

Sounds like he saw it as having his cake and eating it too.

jmn3 06-29-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1275690)
I dunno.... he did a tv interview where he was asked about the publishing cash out and he said that actually it would allow him to do things that otherwise he'd have to wait a number of years down the line to do. I took that to mean that instead of slogging through one or possibly two more tours over the coming years as geriatrics to get the cash he needed, he suddenly had it all in a lump sum he could start spending NOW without ever going back on the road.

Unless ol' Mickey plans to be off the Earth in the next 5 years, there is no way the man won't blow through any lump sum he might have received before he dies. He's repeatedly found himself broke despite it literally seeming almost impossible to do so given his situation (and here come the "but him and John don't make as much as Lindsey and Stevie and Christine bla bla bla" comments - I call BS, Mick is just a complete loser with money).

vivfox 06-29-2022 10:26 PM

I'm quite content with Folgers, thank you very much.

DownOnRodeo 06-29-2022 11:24 PM

Oh Daddy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. (Post 1275655)
Proper management of his finances

:laugh:

Look at the picture on the website. He's literally standing in the cup of coffee. That's meant to make it appetizing?
(Did the MF Wine website show him stomping the grapes barefooted?)

And the "Note Perfect" logo... I first read it as "Not Perfect".

Can't wait to get my MFCC adjustable cap! :lol:

DownOnRodeo 06-30-2022 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1275693)
Unless ol' Mickey plans to be off the Earth in the next 5 years, there is no way the man won't blow through any lump sum he might have received before he dies. He's repeatedly found himself broke despite it literally seeming almost impossible to do so given his situation (and here come the "but him and John don't make as much as Lindsey and Stevie and Christine bla bla bla" comments - I call BS, Mick is just a complete loser with money).

This ill-fated "Present Band" forum could be repurposed as a place for threads about MF's many business ventures. There would be more to talk about. :laugh:

SteveMacD 06-30-2022 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1275700)
This ill-fated "Present Band" forum could be repurposed as a place for threads about MF's many business ventures. There would be more to talk about. :laugh:

That’s what Post-Rumours was for years.

HomerMcvie 06-30-2022 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1275700)

Can we name ANYONE in the music world that's worse with money than Mick? I mean, he set the bar for what NOT to do with your money?:lol:

Villavic 06-30-2022 07:09 AM

Please let me know when the Mick Fleetwood Spaceflights to the International Space Station are on sale.